Luke Shaw "This could be my season"

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by davidmichael, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jul 17, 2017

Robbie Boy Full Member

Unreal, isn't it :lol:
  2. Jul 17, 2017

Sparky10Legend New Member

This x2
  3. Jul 17, 2017

Relfy Full Member

Let's hope it is. The lad has the talent, just needs to rediscover his form and stay fit. Hope he can be here long term.
  4. Jul 17, 2017

devilish Phil Neville's #1 fan

Isnt he out for months to come? He should have followed his bro depay out of ot tbh
  5. Jul 17, 2017

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

Not interested in talk. Just do it. Said in another thread that he's in danger of being the next Phil Jones in terms of hanging around, being injured all the time, never cracking on, and adding nothing to the team. If he doesn't drastically improve, sack him off. This is from someone who's been a fan and always stuck up for him.
  6. Jul 17, 2017

MUFC OK Full Member

Hope he comes good for a number of reasons, he's got a lot of talent, we have invested heavily in time and resources in him, he's English, it would cost a fortune to buy someone of comparable talent. He just needs to focus on getting fit and staying fit.
  7. Jul 17, 2017

davidmichael Full Member

Kind of feel the same IF Shaw doesn't make himself first choice left back this coming season and I feel already that this simply HAS to be Jones' last season if he doesn't stay fit for at least 75% of the season, I'm already of the belief if we sell a centre back then Jones should be the one if it's a straight choice between him and Smalling.
  8. Jul 17, 2017

Halftrack Full Member

He's 22, and he's been through three years of injuries, including a pretty serious one. He's sat out, what? 90 games through injury? That's about 2/3 of the games he's been eligible for. Being down on him for being hopeful ahead of a new season seems a tad harsh in light of that. I imagine it hasn't been all sunshine and lollipops for him either.

If he's not the second coming of Phil Jones, hopefully he ca kick on and cement his place in the side.
  9. Jul 17, 2017

GloryHunter07 Full Member

Quoted for future reference.
  10. Jul 17, 2017

AshRK Full Member

It's his last season to prove. Sad he never could get a consistent run but if this season again he constantly gets injured then we are better without him. We are already carrying one patient in Jones , cannot afford two.
  11. Jul 17, 2017

whatwha Full Member

Bit harsh ;)
  12. Jul 17, 2017

catmandeu New Member

Supports:
    north east united
    Just send him at loan somewhere or sell him. I just dont trust him anymore. Even before that horrible injury i didnt see anything special about him. We should buy a wing back.
  13. Jul 17, 2017

RedFish Full Member

This is like giving himself the dreaded vote of confidence... The architect of his own demise!

Hopefully not though.
  14. Jul 17, 2017

Tosicsleftpeg Full Member

Is he injured
  15. Jul 17, 2017

Random Task Full Member

We were not nearly as potent down that left flank after Shaw's injury. Up to that point he was brilliant.

The talent is there, he just needs to sort his head out. He deserves another season in which to prove himself I feel.
  16. Jul 17, 2017

R77 Full Member

That's not a bad description in a way, I was thinking the same thing reading the thread. He won't be here near as long if he doesn't kick on pretty quickly though.

Of all the struggling players we've had in recent times, he's probably the one I'd like to see succeed most. It's a position we need a strong contender for, but he also needs to play in a system that let's him thrive more easily. He's got it all to do, and could do with a bit of luck as well, but all the indications are that he's doing the groundwork.
  17. Jul 17, 2017

ChaddyP Full Member

Supports:
    Banned from Pogba thread
    wow... didn't expect these comments in here. hoping for a good season from the lad. Those were some encouraging words from him. Glad to know spirits are up
  18. Jul 17, 2017

TheRedHearted New Member

Everything starts with the mind. If he believes this is his season and goes in with that mentality, his body will follow right behind that
  19. Jul 17, 2017

PeteManic Full Member

I never like players coming out with these quotes. Setting yourself up for a fall. Just get the head down and start putting in 7/10s every week.
  20. Jul 17, 2017

SirAF Ageist

I agree. Then again, he was probably asked a question that made it difficult to say much else I'd imagine.
  21. Jul 17, 2017

Cantonagotmehere New Member

:)
  22. Jul 17, 2017

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Read one of his interviews (probably the same one) where he was saying that he thinks he's been unlucky with injuries and kind of seemed like he felt sorry for himself. That's the sort of thinking that he has to get past still IMO. Leg break was unlucky sure, but a lot of the other injuries could well have been avoided if he was in better shape himself. You don't hear Ibra saying it's bad luck how he got injured, just him being confident he'll get back to his best and that an injury isn't going to be the end of him.

He has potential, maybe I'm reading too much into his words, but I won't really believe any of this talk until he actually shows it on the pitch and stays fit.
  23. Jul 17, 2017

Hojoon Full Member

I was very excited about signing him, shame how it's turned out so far.
  24. Jul 17, 2017

izec Full Member

Pessimistic about him, i didnt see all the fuss at Southampton either. Just because he played as a teenager, people overrated him. Now with the injuries and with the burden playing for United, i doubt he will be here in 2 years. He had his 6 games run until Moreno happened, i thought he looked brilliant there, but it was only a small batch and he never showed much since then
  25. Jul 17, 2017

AdNani New Member

The fecking state of this thread, went through a horrific injury, and a season of niggling injuries, and youd think he was out taking lines every night
  26. Jul 18, 2017

Oldyella New Member

Different people react differently to adversity, no big deal. Zlatan is also an older guy with enough confidence to fuel a small country.

Hopefully Shaw kicks on this year, it would save the club a fortune if he does. Hopefully Mour eases him back in slowly at first.
  27. Jul 18, 2017

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

Lots of people critical of those that are critical. Some people are fed up of people hanging around that don't add anything and don't push on...for seasons at a time. We're not talking months but years. I think that's healthy to be critical of personally. Not saying Shaw is there yet, but he's on the verge of. You can't expect people to be particularly impressed about a few words. If he walks the walk this season there will no doubt be a better response to stuff he says next summer. He's been given time by fans because of his injury, now he needs to do it from the off.
  28. Jul 18, 2017

sunama Baghdad Bob

That sums him up perfectly.
    After 3 bad seasons though, his fourth maybe a good one. It is possible, but the odds are stacked against him.
    I personally feel that MUFC is not his level. Southampton is about right for him.
    I wish him luck though - if he does well, then MUFC does well and that's got to be positive.
  29. Jul 18, 2017

sunama Baghdad Bob

I am moaning about the fact that he has had only 10 good games in 3 seasons.
    I doubt anybody is moaning about him wanting to try his best and prove he is MUFC quality.
  30. Jul 18, 2017

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

He is pretty much Cleverley 2.0

Had a few games where he played well and people overrated those performances. When he came back from a lay-off, he "under-performed", but he may have just actually played to his level.

I don't think he's good enough(much like Cleverley wasn't).

Will be gone next summer IMO, but I hope he proves me wrong, because we need a LB.
  31. Jul 18, 2017

MadMike Full Member

Shaw: "This could be my season"
    Everyone else: "But it could very well be not"

I'm sitting with the people who believe that sadly, we can't rely on Shaw at all for this season. We need an athletic, attack-minded LB or WB. Someone that will allow us to play a 3-4-3/3-5-2. Someone that can provide width like Valencia does on the other side.

Sign that fella and let Shaw sort himself out over the next 12 months if he can. If he manages it then great; we have 2 good LBs. If not then he leaves on a free next summer and we still have a great LB with maybe Mitchell and Blind as back-up.

Like I said, given how the last 3 years have gone, we can't in rely on him in the slightest.
  32. Jul 18, 2017

Steven Seagull Full Member

Thanks for informing me