Mail: Man Utd fear losing Mourinho as he feels he cannot compete with City.

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Adisa, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 9, 2017

Adisa Full Member

First time in the football forum since the loss.
    It's very alarming the gap that has opened up in a short space of time. During the summer, I kept harping us about us not doing anywhere enough during the transfer window, in part because I think we simply couldn't afford it. It even gets more depressing when you hear City could replace Mendy adn sign Sanchez in January. My fear is that the club will just abandon any thought of competing with them and end up in a perma state of being happy to come top 3 or thereabouts.
    Mourinho imo, has to take some of the blame. I am convinced if he had Pep's squad, his attitude in some of our games won't have changed one bit.
  2. Nov 9, 2017

Jacko21 Full Member

The Mail are quoting The Sun.

Enough said.
  3. Nov 9, 2017

arthurka Full Member

What bothers me isn´t that we can´t compete with City but that we aren´t even trying.. This don´t loose at all cost is much worse that win at all cost and failing occasionally..
  4. Nov 9, 2017

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Threadworthy source that. Top journalisms.
  5. Nov 9, 2017

Phil Jones 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    Bah. I mean do we care. I'm not saying I want him out, but if he leaves I woulndt be bothered either
  6. Nov 9, 2017

Handsome Devil Full Member

Fake news....BAD!
  7. Nov 9, 2017

AndyJ1985 Full Member

It would surprise me if that were true. Mourinho doesn't strike me as the sort of man who would run away from a challenge.
  8. Nov 9, 2017

Elokobi New Member

This. Stop worrying about agenda driven speculation from The Daily Mail. Seriously.
  9. Nov 9, 2017

Random Task Full Member

Terrible article, not worthy of a thread in the main United forum.
  10. Nov 9, 2017

Rado_N Go Broncos!

I'd be more inclined to believe a newbie with 5 posts claiming to know Mourinho's concierge's neighbour's dog walker than I am the Mail quoting the Sun.
  11. Nov 9, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

The manager stared down one of the greatest teams of all time when he was manager of Real Madrid.

Back him in the market and he will create a formidable team.
  12. Nov 9, 2017

dellboyy Full Member

Story ends as soon as the Mail is involved... for me i'd ban the Mail as an accepted source
  13. Nov 9, 2017

Marcky411 Full Member

If he would leave, good luck to him, lets hope the next appointment won't be such a knee jerk appointment like Mourinho was after hearing Pep was going to City. I would like to see a more attacking minded coach but it won't be easy otherwise Bayern wouldn't have gone and dusted off Jupp Heynckes to take over the team.
  14. Nov 9, 2017

AshRK Full Member

Btw where is Woodward. I have not heard him speak or say anything. It's funny whenever tough going tough he runs away and is not to be seen. Maybe somewhere the board is not fully backing him. Let us not forget jose did not get his 4th player even,maybe he is disappointed with the club and City board fully backing pep is another reason that is adding to the frustration.
  15. Nov 9, 2017

Handsome Devil Full Member

The Daily Mail newspaper is vile in itself but the Mailonline distills the excrement even more so that a two minute visit to the site leaves you feeling soiled for the rest of the week.
    They obviously have an agenda regarding United but clickbait like this might appeal to some factions in the cafe.
  16. Nov 9, 2017

Raees Sporty Guy

Shit article but FWIW, I don't think you need shit loads of money to compete with this City side. All it needs is a manager at the top of his game with decent funds.. peak Jose, I'd back to topple them. Question is does he still have it, the same confidence and nous he once had.
  17. Nov 9, 2017

FCBarca Mes que un Rag

Supports:
    Peace
    Poor sources but can't say it would surprise me. Either Mou et al are trying to leverage for a better deal at United with increased say/autonomy on player transfers or truly angling for the shinier job with bottomless pockets

Plus, there were already rumours last season that Emery did not command much respect within the squad and more this year that he enjoys even less. Qataris sacked LeBlanc who arguably did better with less so if Unai fails to advance to the CL Finals, good chance they will look for someone else to coach the team
  18. Nov 9, 2017

Sammyjunn Full Member

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
    We have been backing him and have backed him, he spent silly amounts on Pogba, Lukaku. Just because we have a restriction budget doesnt mean we didnt back him.
  19. Nov 9, 2017

Kostur Full Member

I love national breaks after we lose a match.
  20. Nov 9, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

The Board (not we) have not backed him in the summer. He wanted 4 players but got 3.
    It's a recurring theme for the board, get all the targets to get into top 4 then start haggling once we're in it.

It's obvious to see when looking at the Perisic situation. He wanted to join and didn't train with the Inter squad. All that needed to happen was to pay up. According to the more reliable sources we tried to low ball Inter and when they rejected it we didnt even try again.
  21. Nov 9, 2017

Sammyjunn Full Member

They wanted a perm/loan deal for Martial in return, thank God the board didnt allow that.
  22. Nov 9, 2017

getupkid Full Member

Yes, because had we signed Perisic it'd cure all our ills and we'd be title challengers?

Get a grip.
  23. Nov 9, 2017

Ish Lights on for Luke

Probably this. I remember when he just took over at Madrid. Barca were streets ahead of them, and he even lost his first Clasico (iirc), 5-0. But 2 or so years later (sorry, my memory is hazy and I'm not fact checking) he ended up winning La Liga, scoring a shit ton of goals in the process.
  24. Nov 9, 2017

Banat New Member

Fake news or not I think this is reality. City is class above anyone in the league and unfortunately I can see the gap only getting bigger as I fear they will further improve their squad and football they play. The only hope is Pep leaving soon enough or Sheik fecking off with his money, but it's unlikely atm.
  25. Nov 9, 2017

devil in me Full Member

The Daily Mail quoting The Sun?! It literally couldn't get any worse than that in terms of journalism.
  26. Nov 9, 2017

Adisa Full Member

What difference would Perisic have made on Sunday?
    He would be playing at the expense of Martial and Rashford.
    Mourinho should have had alternatives. Even 4 wasn't enough.
    Every man and his dog said FBs, both right and left should have been signed also a RW, yet we spent 30m on a CB that can't get into the team.
    You can't tell me he's not been backed, he's spent north of 300m. He can't really expect us to outspend City, we can't afford it.
  27. Nov 9, 2017

roonster09 Full Member

Board backed him, otherwise we wouldn't have signed Pogba for record transfer or 28/29 year old Matic for 35 million, Lukaku for 75 Million.

Getting 4/4 players last season and 3/4 players this season is a fantastic record. For example Pep didn't get Sanchez, Conte didn't get Nainggolan, Madrid didn't get Mbappe. Does that mean even those managers are not backed?

Anyways source is sun, so couldn't care less.
  28. Nov 9, 2017

Maradona10 Saviour of the Season 2016/17

Ogden saying the same
  29. Nov 9, 2017

Green_Red Full Member

We are title challengers, we're second in the league. If we're not, then who is?

Theres 27 games left to play FFS!
  30. Nov 9, 2017

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

:lol: Perisic
  31. Nov 9, 2017

PoTMS Full Member

Inception of shite journalism.
  32. Nov 9, 2017

Green_Red Full Member

Click bait. You are Ogden
  33. Nov 9, 2017

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    So we should over pay for players is what you’re saying? I for one am glad we never got Peresic, he’s one of if not the most overated player the world has ever known.

On this news article tho, most likely absolute rubbish due to internationals. The other day they were peddling that Jose was coming round to selling DeGea as some Spanish paper mentioned it. Also PSG isn’t the first team he has flirted with since he has been here. He flirted with Inter as well.

It would be hilarious tho if he quit because he didn’t think he could handle City, he’d basically ruin his entire reputation in one move.
  34. Nov 9, 2017

Mani Full Member

Once the players are back and we started to win these articles would be no where.Jose would have his dissatisfaction for not getting his player he wanted but these articles are well beyond imagination.
  35. Nov 9, 2017

Sammyjunn Full Member

Mou will fail to compete with City and then act its only because of Perisic and that Perisic is at least as good as Ronaldo and Messi combined.
  36. Nov 9, 2017

Red Katie Full Member

So who wrote this crap? I assume it's crap and won't read it.
  37. Nov 9, 2017

Bestietom Full Member

Mourinho will never compete with City if the Glazers and board don't back him. They will just pull further and further away. I believe City have brought in 16 players in 2 seasons.
  38. Nov 9, 2017

SuperiorXI Full Member

It's the Daily Mail. Jose isn't a coward and has faced bigger challenges.
  39. Nov 9, 2017

el3mel Full Member

Didn't bother reading after that.
  40. Nov 9, 2017

Markmark99 New Member

Hate the press....they can spread lies and there is no blame on them. Who actually wrote this? What was the source? They need to be accountable for the pure B*S* they write.
    But he won't cant can he/she? They be sued.

IF it is 100% true..then let us know the source that makes this so. If not...f*** off!

This seems like modern life now....believe rumours to damm with the facts!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.