Man Utd can improve goal difference with big win against Swansea

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Niall, May 6, 2012.

1. May 6, 2012

Niall All Powerful Super Being

There is no denying that Monday's result was extremely disappointing, as was the game for many neutrals. Man City are now clearly in the driving seat but it seems the bookies may have overreacted a little with their title odds, Man City are now 1/2 with Man City at 15/8. City have eight goals in their favour currently but United have the easier run in with a home match against Swansea and an away game at Sunderland compared to City's trip on Saturday to Newcastle before a home match against QPR.

Nothing but a win will do on Saturday but it would be one of the shocks of the season if Man Utd didn't win this match. United were the first team to win at the Liberty Stadium this season (they have still only lost three league games since at home) whilst Swansea are in worse form now than they have been all season. United are the red hot favourites in the betting for this match, those looking to back United just to win the game can get odds no better than 2/9 at the time of writing. The draw is the next best option at 6/1 whilst Swansea are a whopping 14/1 to pull of their biggest win of the season.

There won't be too many people who can have a meaningful bet on that 2/9 on a United win so the handicap markets should make the betting a bit more competitive. If you fancy United to win this giving Swansea a one goal head start you can get 4/7 with most bookies but the bet that is going to appeal to most is United winning this game giving Swansea a two goal head start, meaning United will need to win by at least three clear goals for this bet to be a winner, and that outcome is as big as 6/4 at the time of writing.

This game has never been played as a Premiership fixture at Old Trafford so it should pay to concentrate on recent form from both the teams to decide the best bets in other markets. We know plenty about United's recent form, Man Utd have scored four in their last two home games but also conceded four on the last of them and it is also worth noting that United have scored precisely two in four of the last seven league home matches. Swansea are one of the lowest scorers on the road in the Premiership with just 17 goals in 18 matches so if United are going to score two or four goals the most likely correct scores are probably 2-0 and 4-0 and they can be backed at 6/1 and 10/1 respectively. A win to nil for United covers both of those outcomes at evens and that looks a good bet on the basis that United have kept six clean sheets in their last nine league games.

The United goalscorers should also be popular and of course the favourite is Wayne Rooney who was disappointed along with many on Monday but has generally been in good form this season with 26 league goals. That record means he has a better goals to games record than the league's top scorer robin Van Persie and Rooney looks a decent bet at 10/3 to open the scoring against Swansea and 4/7 to score at anytime. He is still in with a decent chance of being the top scorer in the league this season, he has two goals less than Van Persie, and a hat trick would be a great result for Rooney, that outcome is 12/1 with a few bookies and as short as 6/1! If there is a player who is overpriced for United it is probably Paul Scholes at 12/1 to score first and 7/2 to register a goal at anytime.

Weigh your tips in with the other 92.4% OLBG tipsters tipping a Man Utd win here. You could win cash prizes for correct tips!
  2. May 6, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

Scrappy 1-0 win it is then.
  3. May 6, 2012

moses control

Swansea rarely win scrappily.
  4. May 6, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

7-7
  5. May 6, 2012

2Bullish Full Member

Niall in "I'm begging you Niall, I don't want to follow your tips as it would leave me living in a bin in Toxteth" shocker.
  6. May 6, 2012

Dave89 Full Member

"Man City are now 1/2 with Man City at 15/8"

I'm gonna make a fortune off the arbitrage
  7. May 6, 2012

Cold_Boy Banned

Ahhhh a draw or narrow win it is then.

Can someone do a statistical analysis about how many of these predictions have been right and how many worng?Just for sun.
  8. May 6, 2012

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    these threads bring bad luck....
  9. May 6, 2012

2Bullish Full Member

I'm not doing anything for the Sun. Justice for the 94.

But if I had to stick my neck out, it would attract the axe of poverty.
  10. May 6, 2012

Anderson's Cat AC

Did they win?