Manchester City 18/19 discussion

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Bergman, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Feb 11, 2019

Pass and Move Full Member

So you're saying he's correct.
  2. Feb 11, 2019

Tommy bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I reckon that second XI would beat Arsenal.
  3. Feb 11, 2019

adexkola Arsenal supporter

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    I wasn't trying to prove him wrong. I wanted to see what that second string looked like.
  4. Feb 11, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

They've been insanely consistent this season, no way they keep that up next season especially if they're not rewarded with a title this season
  5. Feb 11, 2019

kaiser1 New Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    How do you think this team below stack vs other teams in the league if properly coached

------------------Romero
    --------------Bailly-Jones-Rojo-
    -(Dalot)Valencia--Pereira--Fred---Darmian
    ----------Mata-----Lukaku---Alexis
  6. Feb 15, 2019 at 08:38

Riz Full Member

Higher mid table I reckon. The wide areas would be targeted a lot and create nothing, potentially decent fire power up front but it's not difficult to argue Mata and Alexis are over the hill and Lukaku's struggles aren't just down to bad form. I think the defence is fine, liable to a fair few feck ups but could be solid enough. The midfield would get overran relatively easily. Solid keeper. I'd say 7-10th.
  7. Feb 15, 2019 at 12:03

IronCroos37 New Member

Man city second team could win the EL ez.
  8. Feb 15, 2019 at 16:59

Gentleman Jim It's absolutely amazing!

Supports:
    city
    Playing at other clubs they’d probably be pretty good but many of them are disaffected at United because they know they have no future at the club and will not be inclined to bust a gut for you.
    Not a knock on United, most clubs have similar players in the squad.
  9. Feb 15, 2019 at 17:24

RedDevil@84 Full Member

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47257369

League Two Newport have never been past the fifth round of the competition, while City are five-time winners.

"They are taller and stronger than us. In some areas they will be better than us," warned Guardiola.

"They have done incredibly well in this competition. What they do, they do really well. We have watched many games to see what they do."
  10. Feb 15, 2019 at 17:37

Gentleman Jim It's absolutely amazing!

Supports:
    city
    We lost last season to Wigan (for the third time in recent years). He wants no repeat of a passionate stadium, a pumped up team keeping it close then scoring with their only chance like last season.

He’s serious about winning everything he can. That doesn’t mean that he expects or anyone predicts that it will happen but he sure as hell will get the squad to bust a gut to try.
  11. Feb 17, 2019 at 01:20

noodlehair "It's like..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47268185

Phil Foden thinks they can win the quadrouple.

Why is it constantly so difficult for players not to spout shite like this? They're technically still 3 points behind Liverpool and haven't done anything in the Champions League yet to suggest they can get close to winning it...let alone winning both at the same time and winning the two domestic cups on top. They haven't even played the first leg of their CL tie yet!

When you're top of the league, and in both an FA cup and Champions League final you can start seriously talking about stuff like this, but we seem to here it every time a team makes it beyond Christmas without being completely out of contention.
  12. Feb 17, 2019 at 03:31

RochaRoja Full Member

I don’t see what’s wrong with it. If a journalist asks him the question and he responds: “Everything is going well at the moment and we can definitely win every competition but it is going to be difficult.”

What’s he supposed to say? “Nah, we’re shite”?
  13. Feb 17, 2019 at 18:53

Denis_unwise New Member

The Quad is virtually impossible under normal circumstances. How the season has gone so far though think City have a real chance. They've played nobody in the LC & FA Cup & are already in the final of one. The only serious contenders left in the FA Cup are us & Chelsea & one of us obviously won't be getting through to the next round. If they get more easy draws they will have had a serene route to the final. They were in a poor CL group & have got a good draw in Schalke. They will very likely draw the winner of Porto/Roma in the Quarters. The big teams left in the competition are also not as strong as in previous years. The PL is a 50/50 call at this time. It will only take a couple of injuries for Liverpool for it to swing massively in City's favour.

Many think the Quad is impossible due to comparing it with how difficult our treble was. The quality of opposition we faced throughout our treble made it seem like it couldn't be done. We were knocked out of the LC by Spurs. We had a superb Arsenal team chasing us down in the league but won by a point. We had both Bayern & Barca in our CL group. After getting through this we then had Inter, Juve & Bayern waiting for us. In the FA Cup we knocked out Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal on our way to a Newcastle final. It would be nigh on impossible for any team to do the Treble again let alone the Quad with a run like this. City's run so far has been extraordinarily easy. If their luck continues the Quad could be done.
  14. Feb 17, 2019 at 23:52

winteriscoming New Member

Supports:
    City
    I agree.
    That shithouse journalist tried it on with Mahrez (more experienced and fended the question off with a straight bat).
    He then has a young inexperienced squad player, dresses up the question, Foden gives a positive answer and next thing
    'Have you heard this cocky fecker? Thinks City will 'Definitely' win the quad'.

To me it's just shithouse journalism.

My view on the quadruple is no chance.

League Cup - The best chance, with one game to play on a big Wembley pitch.
    But Chelsea will be no pushover, stung by that league defeat and Hazard turns up for big games.
    They allso now have a fox in the box striker in Higuaín. Game could go either way.

FA Cup - It is what it is. You would think City, United or Chelsea will win it. But the FA Cup doesn't do stuff like that.
    I fancy Wolves, which would kill Liverpool fans after Klopp bummed them out of the domestic cups, and played a few teenagers against an experienced Wolves outfit.

The League - Liverpool in the box seat. Had 2 Winter breaks now. They also have an easier run in, with only one game per week to play.
    Similar to when Leicester won the league.
    Leicester played something daft like 20 games less than the second place team (Arsenal).

Champions League - No chance. The competition is too tough. City's weak full back positions will get targeted and that will be it.
    I also don't think that booing of the anthem, when that refereeing team is stood there with their nice shiny Yellow UEFA strips, goes down too well with the referee.
    I know I would be thinking 'Who the feck do this lot think they are'? Bound to influence 50/50 decisions.

So with that summary, there is every chance we'd end up with nothing, never mind a quad!