Manchester United - January 2018 Ins and Outs

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Devil may care, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Dec 5, 2017

Devil may care Full Member

The January transfer window is fast appraoching and while we haven't done any buying in the last 3 January windows we did make a couple of sales last January and have used the window to recruit before.

I don't think we'll address the RW or #10 roles but I could see some fullback movement happening, with 2 of our current fullbacks going out and at least one coming in, likely a LB even with Young as the current flavour of the month.

I could see one of Rose, Grimaldo or even Alex Sandro being brought in with Darmian and maybe Shaw or Blind being sold.
  2. Dec 5, 2017

Bojan11 Full Member

Two of the three of the above sold and bring in a proper fullback. I would go with Shaw and Darmian being sold.

Controversial maybe but I’d look to also get rid of Mata or Mkhitaryan. One of them needs to go in January and a more productive attacker needs to be bought.
  3. Dec 5, 2017

NotQuiteManc Full Member

Supports:
    Higher Income Tax For The Rich
    I would think the likes of Darmian, and perhaps one of Mata and Miki to be sold, especially if the latter doesn't improve his performance in the next few games. Darmian, because Young is being trusted and having the form of his life so far. Blind to be the backup and can play at CB too. Lingard's recent form could influence Mourinho's decision regarding one or both of the M's too. Despite not being really skillful or good enough in the eyes of most United fans on CAF, he supplies the persistent willing and smart running, constant high pressing and important goals.

The likes of Shaw, and Tuanzebe to go on short term loan, and hopefully Shaw will improve his fitness and form so next season he would be ready (finally!) to play for United on consistent basis. Lindelof's improved form might finally give Mourinho's the trust he needed to let go Tuanzebe to go on loan, as well as Rojo's recovery and return to form. Shaw, well I think he just needs to go away for a while to regain his form, and confidence in a team that would play him regularly for the second half of the season. Probably playing in a team managed by Marco Silva at Watford would do him good. He seems like someone who knows how to utilise and maximise players' abilities.

Not sure about incomings, perhaps if Ozil could be enticed to come to United in January. Not to mention Arsene's willingness to let him go while he is still in contract. I think that depends on whether there are willing takers for either Mata or Miki. Maybe Goretzka, but still think he is Bayern bound. If he comes to United, Fellaini may be finally will be able to realise his dream to play in Turkey.
  4. Dec 5, 2017

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

It’ll never happen but if we could get £20m for Shaw and bring in Alex Sandro for £50m it’d take us to another level.
  5. Dec 5, 2017

Rojofiam New Member

I don't foresee much movement to be honest. Both Schneiderlin & Depay wanted to leave because they were unhappy with their playing time and seeked new pastures. Shaw on the other hand looks like he wants to prove himself and make it here.
  6. Dec 5, 2017

Lawman Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Is he better/different from Rose Pexbo?
  7. Dec 5, 2017

Relfy Full Member

Wouldn't be surprised to see Darmian move on with it being a WC year. Tuanzebe going on loan would be good for him if to a PL team, possibly Wilson too to a Championship club.
  8. Dec 5, 2017

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself

We'll sign Danny Rose IMO.
  9. Dec 5, 2017

SqualorVictoria New Member

Supports:
    City
    Darmian might find it tough to motivate himself for the WC though, given Italy haven't qualified.
  10. Dec 5, 2017

buckooo1978 Full Member

Shaw just seems to be a waste of resources if we aren't going to use him

otherwise the squad is too thin

If we brought a player or two in then it would be a different story
  11. Dec 5, 2017

Andycoleno9 Full Member

My opinion is that jose wants left back and one attacking player for right wing or no10. So my wish is:
    Sandro and griezmann in. Shaw and mikhi out
    It will be:
    Shaw on loan. Rose in.
  12. Dec 5, 2017

Plonker New Member

I think the only reason Shaw is still here is because nobody wants him or is willing to take a chance on him,he's never fit!
    There are lot of bang average players to choose from,
    Blind
    Smalling
    Darmian
    Shaw
    Surely someone wants to buy them so we can strengthen.
  13. Dec 5, 2017

T A New Member

Call Pereira back and we have a perfect winter window. Also I can see Blind set to leave
  14. Dec 5, 2017

DelPotro New Member

If Darmian can change his nationality, he will move on for sure.
  15. Dec 5, 2017

Ballache Full Member

:lol:
  16. Dec 5, 2017

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    We won't be selling in Jan. Unless someone states they really want to leave.
  17. Dec 5, 2017

Can7onA New Member

:lol:
  18. Dec 5, 2017

Relfy Full Member

Completely forgot they didn't qualify :lol::lol::lol:
  19. Dec 5, 2017

JoaquinJoaquin Full Member Scouse Lover

No way Griezmann moves in January. Can't believe so many people think that will happen. I think Rose will be our only addition, if anyone.
  20. Dec 5, 2017

Nick7 Full Member

Unless someone asks to leave we won't sell anyone. We won't sign anyone either.
  21. Dec 5, 2017

Smores Full Member

Given how much our performance levels drop without Pogba i think anoter midfielder to do his role has to be the priority. Maybe thats Periera but i think he'll see out the season in Valencia.

LB second priority really, although i think Rose deal is done and dusted.
  22. Dec 5, 2017

McGrathsipan Full Member

Shaw is the only one that might be loaned out IMO - with a view to the sale in Summer.

Dont see major changes - unless we can get a chance to sign a top player there will not be alot of business in January
  23. Dec 5, 2017

KranjskaKlobasa New Member

No transfers in, maybe few loans out for our junior players.
  24. Dec 5, 2017

Bwuk Full Member

This probably, although I'd happily see us chop and change a few.
  25. Dec 5, 2017

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    Smalling?

Our best central defender this season? Arguably our best pure defender? By far our best central defender at winning things in the air?

The others you named will likely be phased out either over January or at the end of the season, but there is not a chance in hell that Smalling will be one of them.
  26. Dec 5, 2017

Bojan11 Full Member

What World Cup is Darmian going to? Unless he’s going as a fan.
  27. Dec 5, 2017

Andycoleno9 Full Member

I believe that also but on the other hand; they are 99% out of champ league plus doomed for 3rd or 4th place in la liga.
    Griezmann lots of times is full of shit with his statements but i believe that he wants to win trophies. Buyout clause is there, we need / want him badly, can give him huge salary...
    So why wait ? Again i know i am dreaming here.
  28. Dec 5, 2017

Andycoleno9 Full Member

I hope that we will avoid spending on solid squad players or younger players for future who need to adapt. We have enough of that. We desperately need top quality on those 2 or 3 positions.
    I think that this is most important winter transfer window in years for us. Worst thing what we can do is to wait summer.

Edot: and yes, we must recall pereira.
  29. Dec 5, 2017

sammsky1 Pochettino's #1 fan

Agree with you. I think it’s clear that Mourinho is a bit under resourced in terms of quality Vs City.

Board really needs to decide if it wants to genuinely compete with them this season, and if they do, invest in January to help facilitate that.

If they don’t and city romp to the tilt Le, that may also affect next season in terms of momentum and motivation
  30. Dec 5, 2017

GazTheLegend Full Member

It’s the final call for Griezmann.

Costa going to atletico has greenlit his sale IMO and it’s just a question of where he goes. Hope it’s to us!
  31. Dec 5, 2017

KirkDuyt Full Member Scouse Lover

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    That Memphis kid at Lyon looks decent, maybe we can sign him :wenger:
  32. Dec 5, 2017

redpatron New Member

Nothings going to happen. We are club on a tight budget, so we aren’t going to overspend if we can get them cheaper in the summer like victor. I like to see axel go on loan though, he shouldn’t be sitting in the bleachers.
  33. Dec 5, 2017

Andycoleno9 Full Member

:confused:
  34. Dec 5, 2017

nokillingmoths Full Member

Not saying i want him sold but has smalling been our best cb this season so far?
  35. Dec 5, 2017

Acole9 Outstanding

I think so too and apart from outgoings that'll be it.
  36. Dec 5, 2017

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    I'd say he has, although an argument could be made for Jones who started the season very well before his latest injury.

But then leads us to another reason Smalling certainly won't be sold - over the last few years he's been the most consistent at staying fit. Last season he had a couple of injuries which kept him out for a while (and even so he ended up only playing a couple of games less than Rojo and Bailly), but otherwise he's been comfortably having the highest amount of games from our central defenders. Jones obviously can't be trusted at all, and unfortunately Bailly has had quite a few injuries in his time with us as well. Maybe Rojo can go well, but after a big lay-off like that it's quite common to get small recurring injuries for a while. Not sure how Lindelof is in regards to that; looking at his wiki stats it doesn't look like he's had many injuries.
  37. Dec 6, 2017

Bestietom Full Member

Bring Fosu and Pereira back from their loans. We are going to need them with all the games coming up in the new year. Both of these players are good enough to cover some of the areas we are looking at.

Fosu can play RB, CB, DM, while Pereira can play RW, AM, ....
  38. Dec 6, 2017

Toad Full Member

I don't believe bringing back Pereira would be a good move, he wants to stay in Spain for the entire loan. If he is brought back to play off the bench I think it will disrupt his development. We should ideally let him see out his current loan spell.
  39. Dec 6, 2017

Bestietom Full Member

If it is true that we have 80 million to spend in the January window then how do you think Mourinho will spend it.
    Ozil for 22 million is being talked about. We do need a Playmaker, but we also need a LB and a scoring right winger. Will players move on to create more funds for players, or will we make do with bringing in just 2 players in January and wait until the summer for others.
  40. Dec 6, 2017

Ikon Full Member

Quality retort :lol:...!!

If there is any truth to the rumours, then Jose has £80M burning a hole in his pocket.
    This could make sense and be the Griezmann money put aside from last Summer, so maybe it is possible that he does have that budget.

I don't think its unrealistic to think that Jose could possibly land both Ozil & Rose.
    Assuming they genuinely are two players that he wants.

Yes we all know how Wenger feels about Mourinho, but the fact is, Ozil will walk away for nothing in 6 months time, United could soften that blow by offering £20M now.
    There are a lot of pluses for United in this one:
    A hugely creative #10,
    Premiership proven,
    Previously worked with Mourinho,
    Eligible for the Champions League, (and the FA Cup).

Luke Shaw looked fantastic last night. Has the reality of being shipped out finally hit him?
    If he can continue with that type of display, I'd be all for giving him yet another chance to make it here, but we could also still sign Rose, who I think has burnt his bridges at Spurs, and we'd have that troublesome LB position well and truly taken care of with those two.

This would then mean that there is no opportunity for Blind & Darmian, and I am sure both experienced Internationals could easily be found a new club, and the money that we get for those two would effectively pay for Ozil...!!:devil: