Martin Keown

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Grinner, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Feb 16, 2008

Jopub From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b

"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
    Now you're getting closer

As has been documented even by your own manager ( Nou Camp) "we used up more luck tonight than you get in a whole season"
  2. Feb 16, 2008

Interesting your take on Keown

Outside of your hatred for him you'd miss that he's one of the most articulate intelligent guys to have played the game in recent times.

All he's displayed is his passion for the club he served with loyalty and distinction often in the face of direct intimidation which you lot showed against us from 2001 -2006. He was part of a team that did not stand for it for a second and often came up a winner - against you.

He was often the main reason why we have beaten you understandable that you'd hate him so - makes him even more lovable for us:devil:

Although of course as a player he cannot compare to Roy Keane he has everything that Keane exhibits that you love him for - never say die, always in the fight, ready to die for the badge...funny that

Martin Keown © made from Arsenal rock :drool:

He's a Fvking Arsehole!
  3. Feb 16, 2008

"It's certainly been a hell of a rivalry over the years. In 1999 they dominated the whole of Europe, but we felt like their equals, and if Dennis Bergkamp had put that penalty away [in the FA Cup semi-final replay] they wouldn't have won the Treble, would they? Actually, I think it helped them in Europe that they had such strong competition with us in their own back garden." I file away the exciting theory that really it was Wenger who won the European Cup for Manchester United, and ask Keown whether he was pleased to see it happen?
    A telling pause. "I think it underlined to us how good we were. They only won the League by a point, and we made it very difficult for them." I try again; was he pleased when they won it? "I was more stunned by the manner in which they won it. But of course, you have to hold your hand up and be respectful. It was an outstanding achievement."

Just in case any of you muppets may have some visual 'problems'

Excellent article - interesting theory about how close competitiveness of the two sides gave Utd the edge in going for the treble

Not sure about England winning Frances world cup though:D

Arsenal fvking great and an Arsenal fvkng legend

Keown:keano:
  4. Feb 16, 2008

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    My thoughts exactly
  5. Feb 16, 2008

Bollocks argument

Why should he be pleased, he's Arsenal through and through although he respects the achievement as he said

Ask Roy Keane if he'd be "pleased" if we won the league this year - course not But like Keown he'd have respect for the achievement

He's Utd through and through always will be..........of course you have worshipful respect for that attitude don't you :rolleyes:
  6. Feb 16, 2008

:lol: You dont get it do you? He is a legend. An excellent defender and an Arsenal great. But I detest him. I always thought him an insufferable cnut like Dennis Wise. It makes me feel great that he is clearly irked by the fact we won the treble. whether he respects it or not.:D I don't freaking need him to be happy. Where would my joy be then? :p

It makes me feel even better that he deludes hismelf they felt our equal. Or that our winning the league by a point meant the some how contributed to our success:lol: So I really don't get where your "bollocks argument":houllier: thing is coming from. Seriously....So though I respect Keown..I detest him, especially after that Ruud incident. So the article put's a huge smile on my face.
  7. Feb 16, 2008

Wonder Pigeon 'Shelbourne FC Supporter'

And about a dozen in your comments.
  8. Feb 16, 2008

that too
  9. Feb 16, 2008

The fact that you ignore wether he respects it or not illustrates the 'know feckall about football fool' that you are.

As a professional who played at the highest levels he has his intense loyalty to his club (just like Keane or Neville) but that admirably doe'snt stop him acknowledging such a great achievement as that treble was. That alone deserves some respect for the man

He did not say he contributed to your success but observed that it was probably in Utd's favour that there was such fierce competition from us at the time - a very astute and probably correct assumption

Its easy to detest him - he embodied everything that Utd hate - a ferocious rivalry against Utd that would never submit to your intimidation under any circumstances a thorn forever in your backsides who came out on top against you many a time

Fking love him for that

Puts a smile my face ...always :)
  10. Feb 16, 2008

Up yours Jopub. You clearly know feck all about life in general! I don't have to fecking like him or repect him. Like you so deseparately want me to do! I don't give a shit if he respects our win. He aint being sicne. so IO say feck him AND you! I fecking despise him as a character, so I'm happy our win hurt him. That aint rocket science. But to an airhead like you it clearly must be.....

You don't deserve any repect when you behave like used to on the pitch and then try to justify it. Like he has done in that article. I don't care if he is a legend.....I hate him for the same reason? I hate that areshole named Romario...Another natural born despicable cnut

:rolleyes:What's the fecking diffrence? Are you that dumb that you can't see it's the same thing? that he is claiming that on "some level" ARSENAL HELPED US TO THE TREBLE? Which is clear disrepect of our treble wining achievement?

You wish. :houllier:It's easy to hate him because he used to act like an arsehole on pitch. Which he clearly isn't in the least bit ashamed that he used to. On top of that you claim that he "often came out on top" against us is fecking laughable.:lol: You want to talk about a fierce rival, who was a real thorn in our side, who used to get on top of us...bring up Patrick Viera..a player who I will never ever hate. Not Mr ape man....

Yeah. For things you deluded yourself. Like United fans hating Keown for his "fierce rivalry and tenacity, a " ferocious rivalry against Utd that would never submit to your intimidation":lol:. (When the pathetic fecker was always trying to intimidate our players often failing miserably) Typical of airheads. It pleases me when they expose themselves like you have in the above post.:)
  11. Feb 16, 2008

Man Utd Mrs We all love our MUM

12. Feb 16, 2008

Girl, If Mike Tyson could have a Squaw. So can he...
  13. Feb 16, 2008

Eyepopper Lowering the tone since 2006

[​IMG]
  14. Feb 16, 2008

[​IMG]
  15. Feb 16, 2008

Hmmmmm.......he's not married ,is he?
  16. Feb 16, 2008

since 1987 Banned

Founder and Chairman of the Kill Sjarkus Club. Oth
    If Paddy had played that game on OT he would have killed Keown! Too bad he didnt.
  17. Feb 16, 2008

Not any more he isn't....But you get the drift I believe...:D
  18. Feb 16, 2008

MUFCgal Full Member

"It's certainly been a hell of a rivalry over the years. In 1999 they dominated the whole of Europe, but we felt like their equals, and if Dennis Bergkamp had put that penalty away [in the FA Cup semi-final replay] they wouldn't have won the Treble, would they? Actually, I think it helped them in Europe that they had such strong competition with us in their own back garden." I file away the exciting theory that really it was Wenger who won the European Cup for Manchester United, and ask Keown whether he was pleased to see it happen?"

I find this line of bullshit very amusing indeed and no we didn't just rule the whole of Europe Mr. Keown, we ruled the world as well because did we not win the World Club Championship :D
  19. Feb 16, 2008

KingEric7 Conspiracy enthusiast

I'm sure he's gone on record saying something similar to that. :D
  20. Feb 16, 2008

Smith's Cove Full Member

All the more reason he should be ashamed of his drooling, cackling retard impression. Jopub you seem to forget here that if you now ask neutral fans what they remember about Keown's career the first thing the majority of them will say is "Retarded monkey impression". What a way for "one of the most articulate intelligent guys to have played the game in recent times" to be remembered.

No visual problems here Jopub. The bit you've put in bold tells us all we need to know. But of course, you have to hold your hand up and be respectful. It was an outstanding achievement." Said through gritted teeth. Look in the history books and weep Keown you bitter bastard.

Not a bollocks argument at all. Grinner said that United fans probably wouldn't enjoy reading the article. Some of us actually enjoyed reading how much that season hurt him. I hope he thinks about it every day and goes off into one of his rants about everyone else cheating.

No it doesn't, the article leaves you with the impression that Keown's remarks indicating that he respects the achievement were said through gritted teeth. If he didn't acknowledge what a great achievement it was he would look like a bigger twat than he actually is. The treble has only been achieved on four occasions and only once by a team from a big league. For all Keown thinks they were United's equals his Arsenal have never won the Champions League and can't even manage to string back to back titles together, even Chelsea have done that. It just proves that Keown is a bitter feck and we think that that is funny.
  21. Feb 16, 2008

How did keown attract a female in the first place? Is he rich?;)
  22. Feb 16, 2008

francobaresi Full Member

:lol::lol:

''the bells, the bells!!"
  23. Feb 16, 2008

:lol: Complete idot
  24. Feb 16, 2008

Clueless causes posters to develop an inability to understa

Didn't he punch Ole Gunnar in the face too once?
  25. Feb 16, 2008

Who supports a team thats won the Champions League...
  26. Feb 16, 2008

noodlehair "It's like..."

What? :lol:

Has Keown never played against Alan Shearer then? That's all it takes to develop "bad blood" with another player, yet he's supposed to be a hard man?

What a girl
  27. Feb 16, 2008

Nialler Alex's Dad

fair dues and I can understand why he was popular among Arsenal fans

we have loads of ex players in that category from our very recent past some of whom could be categorised "legends" all of them with much larger medal hauls than Keown

bet that winds you Arse twats up no end :D
  28. Feb 16, 2008

Watching Arsenals defending in the first half there, I now fully understand why Keown is considered a great... :lol:
  29. Feb 16, 2008

Pathetic come back. Throw in ths towel before the damage gets any worse:smirk:
  30. Feb 16, 2008

rocha Full Member

You Ass-anal cnut.... :smirk:

Goals 4 -0
    Shots 14-0

I know why you Ass-anal fans think keown like a defender god ... :lol:
  31. Feb 16, 2008

Justin Full Member

They say species generally stick together, but then there's a limit to it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  32. Feb 16, 2008

Crispy71 Banned

You're right - an arse-nil great but not a football great because the difference is immense. What a self absorbed tit!!!:wenger: :rolleyes:
  33. Feb 16, 2008

topper Clown

Dirty graceless cnut - that interview of his should make you cringe not sanctify the bastard - says a lot about you too and it aint good
  34. Feb 16, 2008

Diver ....and nobody likes a diver.

Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
    the only post in this thread of any worth.
  35. Apr 26, 2012

SharkyMcShark Horrified

Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
    Anyone else hear him last night on the BBC talking about the 20 Premier League awards, as ever advertising how little he knows about football?

Highlights:

- Arsenal in 1999 were as good if not better than United
    - Cantona was not a great player
    - Picked Gerrard ahead of Ronaldo on the right in his PL Fantasy XI.
  36. Apr 26, 2012

Mannheim Red Full Member

Old ''Leather Head'' in anti United shocker. What a tool.
  37. Apr 26, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

I saw he didn't have Scholes or Ronaldo in his Best XI. Ridiculous on both if you ask me.
  38. Apr 26, 2012

SharkyMcShark Horrified

Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
    There was this moment of like "What do you mean Cantona isn't a great player?" and then the idiot said "yeah I played against him a few times for England against France".

Intellectual midget.
  39. Apr 26, 2012

Crustanoid Full Member

40. Apr 26, 2012

Sparky_Hughes Donkey Buggering Tyrant who cheats at Monopoly

There is a reason His Royal majesty The King Eric Cantona is still revered world wide, recognised as a catalyst that reawakened our club, and is one of the most adored players ever, whilst Martin Keown is a chimp faced bitter little arse biscuit weasel of a man. How dare you claim the King was not great.....fecking peasant.