Mass Effect 3!

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kaos, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Mar 15, 2012

Solius Having a party in his car

How does the game go with Garrus in it?
  2. Mar 15, 2012

Ralaks Full Member

The same as without him except that you got Garrus in your team. I doubt theres any big difference really.

I'm glad I let him live, was my main man throughout the entire series, only big shame is that
    there was no Krogan in your team. Both Grunt and Wrex were amazing. Really dig those two, loved the drunk message from Grunt, top moment
  3. Mar 15, 2012

Cina Jimmy Lumsden (Moderator)

He joins up with you on Palavan to help you find the Primarch etc, and then you can keep him in your squad after that. There's some great 1-to-1 scenes like a 'shoot the bottle' contest with him. Him and Tali also hooked up in my game.

So yeah, lots of dialogue but I don't imagine the game or story would be much different without him. He's just fecking awesome though.
  4. Mar 15, 2012

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Who do you use on missions? I've most often gone with Garrus+James. James is tank and as an infiltrator takes a lot of heat on him.

Liara has got too little health. Only about 300 ffs. In missions with small spaces she's as good as dead. EDI is okay-ish. Her powers aren't that great.
  5. Mar 15, 2012

I used Liara and James. I enjoyed using Liara's Singularity, plus my only other choice for most of the game was EDI and she kept confusing me with her Decoy thinking it was an enemy.
  6. Mar 15, 2012

Liara and Garrus are definitely the best combo. EDI was a bit crap.
  7. Mar 15, 2012

Only three people? That's pretty shitty. I currently have 5 since I let Ashley on board. Didn't play the 1st game so she didn't die there.
  8. Mar 15, 2012

I never got round to banging that reporter. I was going to do it and then tell her to get the feck off my ship.
  9. Mar 15, 2012

I'm going to do that. I knew who Jessica Chobot is long before this game was made so this is the closest to actually banging her I'm going to get. They did plump her up a bit. With Miranda they duplicated the actress very well but they didn't do the same with the reporter.
  10. Mar 15, 2012

Ralaks Full Member

That's what I'm going to do the next game. Took the morally good choices this time around, next time I'm going to be a mean motherfecker.
  11. Mar 15, 2012

Xander45 Know-It-All Champion May 2009

My fem-Shep got down and dirty with Chobot, didn't realise she swang that way.
  12. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

She goes both ways.
  13. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

Garrus and Javik most of the time. Sometimes Garrus and Liara.
  14. Mar 15, 2012

Mickey Banned

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
    So i just got to the bit where i have to p
    ick between races like my bro did.
    Its paused and im contemplating doing the same (starting again) :lol:
  15. Mar 15, 2012

Is that the Geth and Quarian? You can save both but only if you've done certain things in the last game
  16. Mar 15, 2012

Mickey Banned

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
    Yeah. I couldnt save them both. I picked the chick since im banging her, and
    apparently you cant achieve a peaceful ending if she dies
    but now i hate her for doing this to me :(
  17. Mar 15, 2012

After that drubbing by Bilbao I'm off on the final part of this. Let's see if that makes me more annoyed, judging by the reactions from other people the chances are it will.
  18. Mar 15, 2012

I'm almost 30 hours in and my next step is
    talking to the Quarians.
    I always do everything possible before moving on to the priorities.
  19. Mar 15, 2012

So, finished it.

Loved the big space battle before you landed on Earth, and the fact you could speak to all the old crew mates just before heading out on the final push. That was a really nice touch.

Thank god there were a lot of red phone boxes around or I might have forgot I was in London...

Liked the run to the conduit, the slow mo killing of the husks was pretty cool. Watching the Illusive man squirm as I gave him a few home truths and then shooting him in the gut was quite satisfying, I was hoping I'd get to kill him.

I went with the synthesis ending, the killing all synthetic life option was a no go as it would mean the Geth and Joker (amongst many others) would die. I was tempted by the controlling them idea as I didn't really see a downside to that one but chose the beam.

And then the very short ending happened, it made it seem like anybody with synthetics sort of merged with them and I can only assume that synthetic life got freewill.

To be honest it's not as bad an ending as I imagined considering the shit storm it seems to have created. It's not a Deus Ex Machina as the whole build up of the game is "The Crucible will get rid of the Reaper threat" and the ending does exactly that.

The bit after the credits hints very, very heavily on there being a DLC that offers a true ending (much like they are doing with Final Fantasy XIII-2). It makes it seem like the three games were all being told to a kid by his grandad (in a Princess Bride fashion). Then the kid asks for another story about Shephard which the grandad replies "ok, one more story". That's basically a nod at Shephard surviving and something else happening, also the fact that Garrus popped up behind Joker and EDI after the Normandy crashed got me thinking something was up because he was with me on Earth in the final fight and I presumed got killed by the Reapers when I was on my way to the Conduit. We'll have to wait and see on that but I'd wager a pretty penny that this is not the actual ending.

Anybody else agree with that last para?
  20. Mar 15, 2012

Team Brian GB Baby Cameron loves X-Factor

The Deus Ex Machina is the fact that all of a sudden the reapers have an overlord which governs the galaxy, something not hinted at or foreshadowed completely coming out of nowhere.

With regard to the 'stargazer' scene I think you are right, I had a save right before the citadel and replayed the final moments tonight and picked up on that line you mentioned.
  21. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

I don't know about that last part.

I had Garrus and Javik with me on Earth, and they both presumably died.
  22. Mar 15, 2012

The OST for the games is just so good.

I agree with you Xander. After looking at all theories and twitter comments from Bioware themselves, I would imagine a DLC will contain the real ending.
  23. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

I got them both. Of course, in the end it pretty much didn't matter. I could have genocided the Geth for all of the end-game consequences that would have had. All it gained me was a few more war effort points, which in the end didn't matter at all.

I'm not sure about this "over 5k" theory. I've seen a youtube video of all the endings next to eachother, and it seems I did indeed get the best possible one. Which is depressing, since it was so bad.
  24. Mar 15, 2012

You should fix that spoiler box in your post sharpish:p

Well I kinda assumed that the Reapers had some sort of leader, everybody else in the series has. But yeah I can see why people would be angry at that.

So who came out of the Normandy behind EDI and Joker for you?
  25. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

That would be the biggest dick move in the entire history of gaming. If they really release a "real ending" DLC, I will never buy a BioWare game ever again. I can take incompetence and poor judgment, but not outright devious evil like that.
  26. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

Liara. Maybe Tali, can't remember.
  27. Mar 15, 2012

Alan Wake did the same thing, as has Final Fantasy XIII-2. It's not a new thing.
  28. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

They did. It was Harbinger. But no, he turned out to be essentially absent, except for that last, not very involved part.
  29. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

They had "false" endings on purpose, and then released dlc's that pretty much said "this is the real ending"?
  30. Mar 15, 2012

Yes.
  31. Mar 15, 2012

niMic Curve god

That's terrible. I am glad I played neither of those games.
  32. Mar 16, 2012

Jesus Brian. Learn to quote.
  33. Mar 16, 2012

What about EA games? They're the biggest culprits.
  34. Mar 16, 2012

What's your take on the whole realism aspect of this game (assuming of course that the sci-fi bits are real)? Is Shepard too much like Jack Bauer.

Quarians:
    Just talked to them. Now, most missions sound like suicide missions but this one is just ridiculous. Going aboard this huge dreadnought to disable a signal. How are you suppose to escape that? Wouldn't you get shot on your way back given the range and power the ship has?

It's more real than games like Uncharted because those are supposed to be in our world with some myths being real. He kills up to thousand people using mostly hand guns and being alone. Not even trained for that shit. He's also like spiderman without the ability to shoot web.

At least Shepard is the most badass dude in the universe. His reputation is huge. And he's more than human. But you do die in this game. I'm playing on hard core but I'd assume I'd die as well on normal. That's what makes up for all the super dangerous things he does. They wouldn't of course pan out. You do die. You're not James Bond which doesn't get a flesh wound if he's not played by Daniel Craig. I still think some of the missions are a bit too far fetched. I can't complain because the game isn't advertising itself to something that it's not. But I'm struggling a bit with the consistency within the game. Most cities on Earth have been wiped out. That happens already but you're not there so who cares. And I read the codex'. Something like 1,64m people are harvested per day in one of these factory thingies that harvest humans. If they have 100 of those things it will take them a little over a month. They probably don't have that many on Earth alone but how much time ingame does the story span?
  35. Mar 16, 2012

Drainy Full Member

The ending reminds me a little of 2001: A Space Odyssey, seems a little bit non-sequitur (although to nowhere near the extent) but you can apply your own understanding of the lore to make it make sense if you get what I mean.

I don't think it needs more explaining, but if theres money in it I guess they will do
  36. Mar 16, 2012

DomesticTadpole Full Member

I hate the part of the game I am on...trying to sort the cure for the krogan genophage and that salarian bitch asked me to sabotage it...what did you do?
  37. Mar 16, 2012

I delayed telling them til the end and then told Mordin of the plan.
  38. Mar 16, 2012

DomesticTadpole Full Member

hmmm, I just told Eve about it...wonder what will happen
  39. Mar 16, 2012

gaz1185 Full Member

Did exactly the same, I wasn't sure what I was going to do throughout the mission... then came to me that if I was going into a battle I'd rather have the Krogan's on my side - so I told Mordin at the end! Shame he had to die mind you! :(
  40. Mar 16, 2012

I told them right away. Game interrupted me the first time. The 2nd time I told them and Mordin sorted it out.