Mata has been offered Man Utd deal but has other options, says father

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by kouroux, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Apr 13, 2019

WireMUFC New Member

Mata is a lovely bloke but so is my grandad, I don’t want my grandad playing no.10 for united though, time for him to go. When he was at Chelsea he was a match winner but not anymore. Like a lot of Spanish players his legs have gone and it’s a shame, but time to move on, it’s time for us to get a bright young winger in the side.
  2. Apr 14, 2019

NinjaZombie Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Get rid. He's pointless. I'd rather see an Academy player get his minutes next season.

Same goes for Herrera. There's no point overpaying for these guys because you're not getting proper quality players who are driven to succeed.
  3. Apr 14, 2019

SteveW Full Member

Surprised they offered him a deal. Hope he decides to move on.
  4. Apr 14, 2019

Feed Me I'm hungry

Why have we offered him a new deal? The bloke can barely move. He's been a crap signing and sums up why we are an also-ran club now. Chelsea took us to the cleaners.
  5. Apr 14, 2019

-Supreme- New Member

We have picked up on his pace a lot of times, but even his passing has been so poor lately - I don't understand what he's good at anymore....
  6. Apr 14, 2019

JJ12 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Absolutely right.

His passing has even gone missing.
  7. Apr 14, 2019

RD94 New Member

Get rid.Runs like a old man,soon he will need a stick.His time has passed,rather give youth a chance.We are becoming too sentimental with players who are not good enough for what we want to become as a club,him and Herrera.
  8. Apr 14, 2019

daveskimufc New Member

Mata has never been used properly over long periods for us. At Chelsea he played the left of midfield and had runners all around him, which left him space to move and pick out passes.
    At utd he is usually on the right wing with noone to aim at, no overlapping fullback, and no movement around him.

We should not renew,
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
  9. Apr 14, 2019

Vadim Banned

Mata is depressingly slow and basically not good enough for how we want to play under Ole.

He’s one of them players that make me grumble as soon as I see his name on the team sheet. He’s a luxury player, in some people’s minds he is still the cute/sexy Spanish playmaker. People like to moan about Lukaku and Rashford but Mata is the one that I’m convinced isn’t good enough. And of course Ashley fecking Young.
  10. Apr 14, 2019

NotoriousISSY $10mil and I fecked it up!

Mata doesn't play anywhere near enough to moan about.

I agree his time is clearly up if we want to move on to bigger and better things, but he plays so rarely that it's not as big an issue as Lukaku or Young for example.