Mattéo Guendouzi

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by MyOnlySolskjaer, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Dec 5, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt Scouse Lover

You have to praise Emery for giving him the platform. Has had a number of meh to poor games but keeps getting played.
  2. Dec 5, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Did he look good in France last season? Hadn't heard of him before he signed for Arsenal but you'd have thought Monaco would've been all over that signing.

Him and Torreria is Arsenal's midfield for next 5 years.
  3. Dec 5, 2018

Bojan11 Full Member

I hate when people make predictions like this because this time next year they could be asking for them to be dropped or they not been as good as they were in the first season.
  4. Dec 6, 2018

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    He's a very exciting talent. I love that he plays with balls and experience beyond his years, he certainly hasn't been overawed by the transition.

That hair pulling by Fellaini was absolute dog act. Can't believe someone who would surely have experienced that himself would do it to someone else.
  5. Dec 6, 2018

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    Everyone makes predictions like this. I think best case scenario is that these two form the base of our midfield unit moving forward, with Xhaka and AMN.
  6. Dec 6, 2018

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    I like him. Think he plays very mature for his age, and obviously still has a lot to go on. Think he might reach top level
  7. Dec 6, 2018

Beagle Full Member

Does it mean we have to praise Jose too for keeping faith with Matic and Lukaku? :angel:
  8. Dec 6, 2018

Raees Legal Guardian of the Football forums

His shielding of the ball is still too risky at the moment - his lack of strength allows people to nick the ball of his far too often - against a top side he would have given away too many counter attacking opportunities last night.

His through ball passing needs to improve in terms of execution though his vision is there.

His ball carrying was probably his best attribute last night but even then has the tendency to overrun it.

Like the lad but it was a raw performance with lots of poor moments mixed with lots of exciting moments - a good united side should have exploited his inexperience last night, not let him run the show.
  9. Dec 6, 2018

sev1 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Guendouzi is raw but he’s got talent. I would love to see him get on that Iwobi fitness plan. (He got huge in the off season!) He’s still got a boys physique and as he matures he’ll become stronger.

Also he needs to improve his feel for pressure which should come w experience. I thought he was all hype in the beginning but he has been player that Emery has relied on this year and you have to admit that’s impressive.
  10. Dec 6, 2018

Trizy Full Member

Very raw but it's to be expected for his age. He was literally everywhere! Always wanted the ball and moved it well.

Excited prospect, terrible name.
  11. Dec 6, 2018

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    He only played last night because Xhaka was injured. He had been dropped because of some “meh to poor games”. I suspect he’ll be dropped again as soon as Xhaka is available. He wasn’t great last night. Some very sloppy/careless moments.
  12. Dec 6, 2018

gza the genius Full Member

I am probably giving Fellaini too much credit (there's a first time for everything) but I honestly don't think he did it maliciously. I think he was grabbing for his jersey like he was leading up to the hair pull and he just grabbed whatever he could get ahold of.
  13. Dec 6, 2018

broccoli Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Supports:
    FCPorto
    Started dominating the midfield once Lingard went off, and Pogba came in..
  14. Dec 6, 2018

youngrell Full Member

Agree. I'm leaning towards giving Fellaini the benefit of doubt due to him probably being on the receiving end himself at some point. He instantly apologised, too.
  15. Dec 6, 2018

golden_blunder Site admin. Manchester United fan Staff

Fellaini realised that he wanted long locks again and tried to take some
  16. Dec 6, 2018

harms Way Staff

Take a closer look.
  17. Dec 6, 2018

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate

He started dominating from the the last ten minutes of the first half until the end of the game.
  18. Dec 6, 2018

Fredo Full Member

Can't believe he's only 19, plenty of potential, credit goes to his coach for playing him in most of Arsenal's games despite having quite a poor start. Kept constantly growing and had a really good game against us yesterday, plenty of energy going forward and backward, lucky Arsenal.
  19. Dec 6, 2018

gza the genius Full Member

I don't think he was particularly careful about what he grabbed but I still think he just grabbed whatever he could rather than it being a deliberate hair pull.
  20. Dec 6, 2018

ThatsGreat New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I see a bit of Pogba about him truth be told. Also has the same issue of dwelling too much on the ball.
  21. Dec 6, 2018

jeff gurr New Member

Supports:
    Leicester City
    I like his high energy style of play & think he has good basic skills. He will need a fair bit of coaching to be a Premier league top player but the potential is there.
  22. Dec 6, 2018

ElvisMozart New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Xhaka wasn't injured. He was suspended because he got his 5th yellow card against the Spurs