Mesut Özil

Discussion in 'Classic Threads & Posts' started by charleysurf, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 28, 2010

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

Ozil at 20 million is an absolute steal.
  2. Jul 28, 2010

Escobar Poster originally known as Michel04

I went to England many times, but everytime I was in Manchester I enjoyed it the most, always had a fecking great time (not just for football reasons). I dont understand why people think Manchester is shit (for me, London is a bit of a shithole), might be different if you life there. And whenever I was in Manchester, it never rained!

Back to topic: I think Özil will remain at Bremen for another season and maybe move then to Barca or Bayern. I doubt we are in for him
  3. Jul 28, 2010

Top for all gif enquiries, contact Olly

But that shouldn't be enough to make you jump on everyone's throat.
    Fair enough, you don't believe what Cheltenham Red is saying, but that's hardly an excuse to go all Raoul Moaty on everyone who dare not share that opinion.

The difference between the Newbies and here is that people up here have already proved they're not only here to make up bullshit rumours.
    Cheltenham is a very down to earth guy, who has backed up his words in the past - even when he claimed that he had mooned the Google Streetview car. His daughter probably didn't see Özil in a an airport, she was probably just wumming him, which he then fell for.

Like I said, just take it down a notch, if it really annoys you that much just ignore the thread.
  4. Jul 28, 2010

Welcome to the Transfer Forum. Its been like that since ever, so you shouldnt be surprised people jump onto every single hint we might buy a great player and go bananas... take it with a pinch of salt
  5. Jul 28, 2010

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

"Roul Moaty"

Nice
  6. Jul 28, 2010

Rado_N Grinner ruined my tagline

Manchester is great :)
  7. Jul 28, 2010

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Or she saw some other German bloke - who looked a bit like Ozil - and made a genuine mistake. If CR's claim about her sharing her mother's single digit IQ is true she might even have been looking at a bunch of dudes talking Dutch.

I don't doubt the information was passed on with good intentions and the whole thing provided an amusing diversion (when I say "amusing" I'm not including all the shite sub-Plechazunga song-writing efforts) for a few hours. Hardly worth getting anyone's knickers in a knot over.
  8. Jul 28, 2010

EricaNo7 Full Member

i think manchester is lovely :nono:
    we love coming down for the weekend
  9. Jul 28, 2010

I dont disagree! Met beautiful girls, enjoyed first class football, good food, nice weather (!!!), nice town, good bars / clubs... couldnt ask for more. Even thought about moving and working there for half a year or so
  10. Jul 28, 2010

FranklyVulgar Full Member

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
    People mix up wumming with banter. I mean CR did spark a bit of madness but unless he's a right devious fecker i agree that it was a genuine mistake. After the claim a bit of harmless banter ensued which during the off season is more than welcome in my opinion.
  11. Jul 28, 2010

Carl has permanently erect nipples

I heard betting was suspended on him joining us last night.
  12. Jul 28, 2010

Maajid Formerly Mad

Yes, both Paddy Power and Skybet had suspended betting last night which was discussed at length by the then attendants of this thread.
  13. Jul 28, 2010

If the nice weather travels with you then come back now!
  14. Jul 28, 2010

Carl has permanently erect nipples

Oh.
  15. Jul 28, 2010

Cheltenham Red Full Member

Never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down
    Just spoke to my daughter and she was adamant it was him but she was obviously wrong so I can only appologise if I mislead anyone.As I said that is not what I am about and I have better things to do with my time than play childish games.

Once again to everyone who had there hopes raised by my post then I am genuinely sorry and to all the posters who think that I am a WUM do one.
  16. Jul 28, 2010

Adzzz Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner

I feel very sorry for the guy she confused with Ozil, it sadly means he also has bulging eyes, poor lad.
  17. Jul 28, 2010

CLK_FPC Fists of Fury

So Cheltenham Red ad the Cafe have brought the interwebs to a halt :lol: when someone said the rumour had been originated from here I just laughed!
  18. Jul 28, 2010

sglowrider Against Oral Equality

CR:I wouldnt worry about it. Just continue to call it as you see it. Its a forum. Any if people are expecting oracles to pontificate our future or tidings in this forum, then I suggest they visit their local church.

Whatever we spew out here is half truth at best and complete rubbish at its worst, which is most of the time.
  19. Jul 28, 2010

Chrisjn Banned

abc
  20. Jul 28, 2010

Pexbo Takes body parts and sells them on Amazon.

Baseless article.

Have we actually had any solid links with him yet?
  21. Jul 28, 2010

Chrisjn Banned

I very much doubt it. Just thought i'd share it. The glazers have had our inner muppets chained up for years now, signing Ozil doesn't bare thinking about...
  22. Jul 28, 2010

Eirik Raude Full Member

Skybet did the same just before Ronaldo joined Real Madrid. We can only hope they got it right this time as well.
  23. Jul 28, 2010

They also did the same with Benzema to us, Ribery to Liverpool, the waiter to leave Liverpool about 93 times before it actually happened, as well as many many other things that mean bugger all. Odds follow money as much if not more than rumours.
  24. Jul 28, 2010

Chirag Euro '08 League Winner

Chrisjn_ - I posted that article yesterday..
  25. Jul 28, 2010

Eirik Raude Full Member

They also did the same with Cole to Liverpool and Lescott to City. I guess they fail more often than not, but there's got to be a reason why they do it.
  26. Jul 28, 2010

Chrisjn Banned

My bad, didn't see it.
  27. Jul 28, 2010

Why would they have more information than newspapers or whoever? It's a non-story imo, based on pure guessing
  28. Jul 28, 2010

Thoraximus Latin for deep throat

This is now the second longest thread in this forum, after the Benzema one, I do love you muppets!
  29. Jul 28, 2010

Transfer United Till I Die I am totally in the know, honest

James ducker tweets that senior officials say united have no interest in ozil, though why they'd tell a cunting journo if we were in for him I don't know.
  30. Jul 28, 2010

There comes a point where betting will be stopped on every event that happens, it doesn't mean the bookies know anything we don't. The thing that moves odds more than anything is betting patterns, the story about Ozil being seen in Manchester airport yesterday became quite widespread and will have caused a flurry of bets being placed. When lots of money goes on a market the odds tumble and eventually betting is suspended as the bookies wonder if people know something. Once the rumour is found to be baseless the Market settles.

Odds on these things are absolutely meaningless.
  31. Jul 28, 2010

charleysurf Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored

32. Jul 28, 2010

Pexbo Takes body parts and sells them on Amazon.

I've said before, it's betting patterns.

Sometimes its someone putting a whack load of cash on one bet which alerts them and they assume the bet is with prior knowledge and other times it's down "trend" betting which is a large amount of small bets being placed which could be down to a news paper article strongly linking a player with a club.

The article could be completely made up bollocks but if there are enough people betting on it the bookies suspend bets on the off chance it does happen to protect themselves from having to do large payouts.
  33. Jul 28, 2010

Eirik Raude Full Member

Thanks for explaining, you both make sense.
  34. Jul 28, 2010

Chirag Euro '08 League Winner

I doubt that will make any sense.. He may transfer somewhere else.. Or may not transfer this season altogether.. Either way it will be discussed in your thread or a new one someone creates.. Besides what do you gain by deleting it? So many posters have posted their opinions articles, quotes etc. Besides if you do delete it they will just ask a MOD/Admin to restore it..

I still do not get why that thread was locked.. It makes no sense.. If a few posters get irritated by it they should simply ignore it.. If it was to be locked it should have been locked when he signed for Real last season.. Its like the Mods/Admin are trying to say you do not have the right to talk about Benzema.. WTF is that about? I mean unless he transfers to another club or retires and possibly even signs a new contract should a thread be locked IMO. Not otherwise..
  35. Jul 28, 2010

Decotron Full Member

:lol: good lad.
  36. Jul 28, 2010

acnumber9 Full Member

If you feel that strongly about it why wait until tomorrow to delete it? Did you just want the attention?
  37. Jul 28, 2010

charleysurf Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored

Because I'm still hoping Real will announce they have signed him and the thread can be put out of its misery naturally.
  38. Jul 28, 2010

ha_rooney Full Member

Journalists and their 'sources' are often the ones who are the most clueless. Prime example is the Vidic saga. So many 'sources' saying he's going to Madrid, he wants to leave because of some bust-up with SAF etc. Even SAF said he doesn't know what's going on with Vidic, only for it to be announced 2 days later he had agreed a verbal extension to his contract "3 or 4 weeks ago".

If we are to sign Ozil, or anyone for that matter, I think it will be done before we play Chelsea in the Charity Shield. I don't think we'd sign a 'big-name' player after the PL starts, unless our hand is forced by a serious injury.

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned but Real apparently want an agreement that Ozil will join them as a free-agent next summer (wonder where all their millions have gone?) I still think if we want him, he's there for the taking. But the longer we wait to make a move, the less likely anything will happen.
  39. Jul 28, 2010

EdWeatherall TFD

I agree with that, as it seems Barca and Real have eyes on other targets this summer, so he'd be something of a back-up choice for them, so if a team wanted him, they'd be best doing it asap whilst those two are still looking at their primary targets
  40. Jul 28, 2010

MG Full Member

:lol: That was bitchy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.