Monaco (and Jardim) appreciation thread | Sacked

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by kouroux, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Oct 11, 2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Don't think appointing Henry would be a good choice. He wouldn't be capable of getting them out the mess they are in atm.
  2. Oct 11, 2018

ZAGREB RED Full Member

I didn't realise Jardim was still actually there, I read a couple of reports the other day saying he had left and Henry was coming in, although I think it might have been the same day that it was all over the media that Henry and Terry were taking over at Villa.
  3. Oct 11, 2018

saivet Full Member

4. Oct 11, 2018

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate

The situation is a bit confusing, apparently he is the one who told them that he was leaving, if it's true they probably don't have a successor yet.
  5. Oct 11, 2018

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Henry?
  6. Oct 11, 2018

He is seen as the favorite but other names have been around Wenger, Gallardo and Henry.
  7. Oct 11, 2018

Greck Full Member

Are we going to have one of those premature Welcome to Manchester videos like some fans did for Willian and Alderweireld?
  8. Oct 11, 2018

RedB4ndiT New Member

I hope we sign him. Won a league he had no business of winning and knocked out Pep... two things we'd love to have right now.

I'd prefer Zidane like most of you but he's not going to us let's be realistic. I see him going to PSG in a couple of years after they've fired Tuchel and he's had his rest.
  9. Oct 11, 2018

FootyGirl88

10. Oct 11, 2018

FootyGirl88

11. Oct 11, 2018

laughtersassassin New Member

Would take him in a heartbeat. Yes he has done terrible this season but every year he starts the season with a new team that's worse than the last.

The team he built 3 years ago where phenomenal. Give him the money to do that again.
  12. Oct 11, 2018

Jando Full Member

His 2016/17 team was some of the best attacking football i've ever seen on occasions, breathtaking stuff, I remember when they played City in the CL they ripped them a new one when it came to attacking but there glaring weakness was defence,

Jardim still has a lot to offer, with the right support around him and given the chance to improve rather than weaken his team every year I think he can achieve a lot,

Very interested to see where he goes next
  13. Oct 11, 2018

Morpheus 7 Full Member

Interim manager to the end of the season to see how he gets on. He really couldn't do any worse than Jose. If we keep the Grinch he'll be gone by Christmas with us having nothing to play for. I think most of the people who want Jose deep down know this is coming, why wait?

People can say what they want but Jardim would be a good fit for us. Plays good attacking football, be great with Martial and the younger players. He would lift the atmosphere of the club and make us better to watch. The confidence of them players are getting worn down, it's nearly a new player every week. Why not go for a brave appointment, we have nothing to lose this season. He could surprise many, the man will get more of the attacking players we possess. No more 2 DM at Old Trafford against shit opposition, hoping for a dull one or two nill. Go at teams fast at Old Trafford, play to our strengths and use the crowd.

I want to enjoy watching United again, I'm not demanding the CL this year but there is nothing wrong with wanting good football. I think Poch would be a good fit but hard to get him from Spurs. United can't go for an Allegri, Conte or Simeone. We need to go with a style that connects with the fans and club.
  14. Oct 11, 2018

RikRuud Full Member

Had most most of his team picked to the bare bones. No surprise they have struggled this term.
  15. Oct 11, 2018

red woppit New Member

Total agreement. See if he would take temporary charge for the remainder of the season, but realistically he would probably want a contract to the end of this season, with 3 year contract after that if he wanted it.
  16. Oct 11, 2018

laughtersassassin New Member

The thing is though, whoever the new manager is we have to let him sell every player he wants and bring in whoever he wants where possible. We need to let them build their team asap. If we half back again its just asking to fail.
  17. Oct 11, 2018

No club does that, even City mainly let old players go at the end of their contracts. This team is young enough and has solid enough players to build around it. Some players might have to be sold in order to make room or money but no manager should be allowed to sell every player, it's extremely expensive and ineffective.
  18. Oct 11, 2018

RedDevil@84 Full Member

Building a team does not happen asap.
    The process to build a team can start asap. Sell a few players and replace them.
    You don't sell everyone the manager does not fancy. It is impossible to get so many replacements and it is way too expensive to break existing contracts, leave alone buying new high profile players.
  19. Oct 11, 2018

Okey New Member

I'm a big fan of Jardim. Sad to see how it's ended at Monaco but not a surprise given they're basically a feeder club, selling their talent season after season. He's been near the top of my list to replace Jose for a while. I'd have him in a heartbeat. One of those guys you'd love to see what they can do at a big club with a big budget.
  20. Oct 11, 2018

Van Piorsing Lost his light sabre

Feel sorry for the guy as Monaco's last years of success is truly his project but that just gives United more options and less excuses for the board not to try something new.

If Woodward says Mourinho is a proper guy then fine but then again, don't say after few years that we didn't had a choice.
  21. Oct 11, 2018

Kaos Full Member

Would happily take a punt on him over Zidane.

At the very least we’d play football more easier on the eye.
  22. Oct 11, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

They sold 750 million pounds worth of talent in the last 4 years. That says it all.
  23. Oct 11, 2018

Chairman Steve Full Member

As a Utd fan I think we should definitely keep tabs on him. Ideally if we get a DoF structure in place... I think he’d do a lot better with that type of structure above him.

His tenure somewhat mirrors Klopp and Dortmund. Maybe a change of environment is good after a long stint there (4 years quite long in these times) and being at a club where your league rivals don’t bully you for your best players, as well as the rest of Europe.
  24. Oct 11, 2018

Andy_Cole Full Member

Whilst we have bought in the same amount.
  25. Oct 11, 2018

Aloysius's Back 3 Full Member

@JPRouve bit of an old question but how do you see him using martial here at United?
  26. Oct 11, 2018

Hugh Jass Full Member

Jesus. That is good scouting.
  27. Oct 11, 2018

Greek9 New Member

Supports:
    Panathinaikos
    How are Spurs and Arsenal main rivals, when was them winning the league ever a probability? City spent tons last years they don't need to do it now if they already spent so much money before and have their squad set, pool broke records for each position they lacked quality, for each team you mentioned we finished above them, we didn't do so by the one team that spent more , this season is irrelevant yet as it's too soon.
  28. Oct 11, 2018

Honestly, I don't know. Jardim saw him as a striker that can be used as a wide forward, so I guess that if he was managing United, he would use him the same way. A complete guess would be something like that:

----------------
    Lukaku
    --------Martial
    Pogba---Matic---Herrera---Fred
    Shaw---Bailly----Smalling---Dalot
    -----------De Gea

Sanchez and Rashford could easily be the ones playing instead, Lingard could also play instead of Fred.
  29. Oct 11, 2018

Aloysius's Back 3 Full Member

Thanks - would he try get Martial providing crosses for Lukaku or would he try get that more from the fullbacks is the question that really bothers me.
  30. Oct 11, 2018

FootyGirl88

You don't think he would use Rashford and Martial up top? ❤
  31. Oct 11, 2018

As far as I can remember outside of when Carrasco and Dirar were used, the fullbacks have always been the ones holding the width and providing crosses.
  32. Oct 11, 2018

I don't know I put these two for no particular reason.
  33. Oct 11, 2018

SuperiorXI Full Member

Okay, so why did Monaco sack him if every man and his dog knows if you take apart a team like that it's going to perform really badly?

Shades of when Klopp got sacked at Dortmund, he has gone on to do alright... although the jury is still well and truly out.
  34. Oct 11, 2018

Antisocial Has a Sony home cinema

So, which of our rivals do we think will sign him up? :rolleyes:
  35. Oct 11, 2018

Ecstatic Full Member

Supports:
    PsG
    Dear Lady,

You forget the most important thing for the management

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More recently, mbappe is 180millions btw

[​IMG]
  36. Oct 11, 2018

FootyGirl88

My friend ❤
  37. Oct 12, 2018

Zoo Full Member

38. Oct 12, 2018

Xaviboy New Member

Would be interesting to see if Berbatov gives us his thoughts as to see if Jardim would be a good fit for the club. Didn't he play under Jardim?
  39. Oct 12, 2018

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

If he could get Martial performing to his potential that would be great. I didn't realise that about his first season at Monaco them being very solid defensively, thats actually really encouraging because it shows he can adapt his tactics to the squad. Really hope we are looking at / considering him.
  40. Oct 12, 2018

André Dominguez Full Member

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    Nice analysis. That would probably be much close to his team selection

This is actually quite the Jardim football style: a 4x4x2 with double pivot on the midfield and two creative attacking midfielders that can provide width at times, but the fullbacks will do that job. Although I don't think Fred has enough ability and vision to play in this system, so I guess Jardim would swap him by Lingard.

Martial did the free role, then Mbappé also did it, both of them with success under his management. I do think Lukaku would score more goals and would be less instructed to receive direct game, and would play in the empty space.