Morgan Schneiderlin | Everton Player

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Raoul, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 11, 2017

Bwuk Full Member

Think a lot of it with Coleman, McCarthy is simply that, there Irish and the Irish fans over-rated them. Baines yes but the other 4 you listed were never good enough.

What are Everton fans making of this?
  2. Jan 11, 2017

BigDunc9 Full Member

Supports:
    Everton
    Everyone is very happy with it. Mostly because his Southampton form is still ingrained into everyones head because he has gone off the radar that much at United.

The potential partnership of him And Gueye could be great for us aswell, whiles lacking creativity I should imagine them pair will be a nightmare for the opposition to play against with how much energy they have. Schneiderlain instead of Barry will probably see us pushed 10 yards further most games allowing us to press how Koeman wants aswell. We just need 3 top quality signings for the positions behind Lukaku and things will be looking up again or Barkley needs to step up finally.
  3. Jan 11, 2017

SambaBoy Full Member

Had my doubts when we signed him. He was good for Southampton but not outstanding. He seemed to go into his shell at United after a few games. His weaknesses were exposed, terrible passing for a 'top CM' and poor attacking contribution, and defensively he was solid enough without being the amazing ball winner he was touted to be. I don't think he can be used as a B2B midfielder for a top team, he just doesn't have the talent.

It will be a good signing for Everton, but now they have spent £50m on Bolaise and Schneiderlin, two decent Premiership players which isn't great business IMO.
  4. Jan 11, 2017

Hugh Jass Full Member

I would agree.
  5. Jan 11, 2017

SilentWitness ShoelessWitness

Supports:
    Everton
    I think he'll reignite his Southampton form and go to PSG for 30m+ in a couple of years.
  6. Jan 11, 2017

RedDevil-85 New Member

Finally we get a respectable fee for one of our players,nice to see.
    Good luck to Morgan
  7. Jan 11, 2017

Oneunited26 Full Member

Yeah haha, its not a hate campaign when the performances he puts in for the club is utter garbage, its a hate campaign if a player say like carrick is hated because he was never roy keane in terms of the style lol
  8. Jan 11, 2017

diarm Full Member

Barkley will have zero excuses to hide behind now. If Koeman does employ Morgan and Gueye behind him he couldn't ask for better protection and more scope to attack with freedom.

I was in Singapore last year and went to the preseason tournament between Everton, Arsenal, Stoke and Sing. He was the best player on the pitch throughout the two days and just oozed class throughout.

I know that was only preseason but it's frustrating to see how good he can be versus what he puts out consistently.
  9. Jan 11, 2017

BigDunc9 Full Member

Supports:
    Everton
    It genuinely makes me angry knowing how good he could become. Even against Southampton the other week he absolutely ran the show after weeks of bad form and it gives you hope it could be the game the penny drops with him and then the week later he was invisible. As you said now though he has a great base to work with.
  10. Jan 11, 2017

tomaldinho1 Full Member

I think both clubs have done well. We usually get done over with fees so nice to see us pretty much recoup what we paid & Everton pay a normal price given PL money these days.

I think he will always be a good player in a one dimensional way, which isn't necessarily bad, and do a solid job in front of the back four. A base of Gueye and Schneirderlin with Barkley in front could actually be a decent combination. Maybe one wide player short of a very good team...

-------Schneiderlin - Gueye-------
    --------------Barkley---------------
    Bolasie-------------Mirallas/Lennon
    --------------Lukaku---------------
  11. Jan 11, 2017

Bojan11 Full Member

He'd be 29 in a couple of years and I seriously doubt PSG would spend £30m plus for him then.
  12. Jan 11, 2017

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    See that doesn't hold weight for me. Herrera and Pogba function well with Carrick with a bit of defensive responsibility. Schneiderlin was supposed to be better than them defensively, so why can't he function with Carrick? Unless you think he needs no defensive duties but that isn't true and not how he played for Southampton.
  13. Jan 11, 2017

SidRed New Member

Simply a poor man's Carrick. However will do well at Everton.
  14. Jan 11, 2017

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    He's 27 and spend almost his entire career in England.

He's a good player but the last two players you got from us have been unquestionable flops( Cleverely and Gibson). Reading GOT, seems the Everton fans hate them more than we did.Its not a done deal at all, he's not a certainty to do well there.
  15. Jan 11, 2017

Full bodied red Full Member

Had huge hopes when we signed him....

Not really too disappointed he's leaving - he just never semed to be as good for us as he was for Southampton, for whatever reason, and he deserves a starting place somewhere in the PL rather than fading into complete obscurity.

Best Wishes and Good Luck at Everton.
  16. Jan 11, 2017

K2K Full Member

Van Gaal played him with Carrick in a double pivot.

That didn't work either.
  17. Jan 11, 2017

Hemil Banned

Supports:
    Chelsea
    There is a lot of difference between Carrick and Wanyama.. Isn't it? Carrick can't run and tackle and is not a play-breaker like wanyama for sure. Schneiderlin doesn't need a passer next to him... He needs a destroyer.
  18. Jan 11, 2017

K2K Full Member

It seems like some players have a long line of excuses lined up for them.

Yes,Morgan did well once with Wanyama but that doesn't mean he will replicate it elsewhere. He's succeeded once with Wanyama and failed once without him.So from a probability scenario, either outcome is likely even with a new destroyer.

His United failings cannot simply be explained by a lack of a Wanyama like player.
  19. Jan 11, 2017

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

As soon as you start saying a player "needs xxx player" next to them, at a team like United, you know you're facing a losing battle.

It's Manchester United, you should be an excellent player to even get here!
  20. Jan 11, 2017

AR87 Full Member

This. Unless you're some Pogba level talent that can lift the team when things are put in place to maximize your skills, then you need to be more versatile.
  21. Jan 11, 2017

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

It's been a worrying time over the last few years. We spent colossal sums on midfielders, yet people still reckoned we needed another couple!

However, this team now look the real business. We look a powerhouse outfit befitting Manchester United now.
    Just a shame we had that ropey spell. But you have to go through those sometimes.
  22. Jan 11, 2017

BigDunc9 Full Member

Supports:
    Everton
    Who did Schneiderlain play with in Southamptons first season back in the Prem? Wanyama didn't join til the second season did he?
  23. Jan 11, 2017

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls

It's not that simple, the problem is when what you described is applied to a squad player, in rugby they use the expression "utility player" when you are not at a starter level you need to be flexible and useful in almost everyone scenarios, those players are extremely valuable. But it wasn't the case for Schneiderlin.
  24. Jan 11, 2017

Skills Snitch

Davis and Lallana I think
  25. Jan 11, 2017

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls

Cork, the Chelsea lad.
  26. Jan 11, 2017

paulscholes18 Full Member

He's out for about a year
  27. Jan 11, 2017

tomaldinho1 Full Member

Poor chap - make that two wide players then!
  28. Jan 11, 2017

Drifter American

He wasn't great but he wasn't bad either. But Jose seems to fancy Fellaini over him so he'll get more game time at Everton.
  29. Jan 12, 2017

Ferguson Full Member

Fellaini was ahead of Schneiderlin too.

By bench I just meant Schneiderlin's place in the squad, not the substitutes for any particular match.
  30. Jan 12, 2017

fallengt Full Member

when you had Rooney in that setup, nothing'd have worked
  31. Jan 12, 2017

prath92 Full Member

How does Rooney upfront make our midfield underperform?
  32. Jan 12, 2017

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Why does he need a destroyer when the more attack minded Herrera and Pogba don't? I just don't buy it. It's not even like he's some superb attacking talent, he's probably better defensively himself.
  33. Jan 12, 2017

2cents Full Member

It's weird, I was led to believe Schneiderlin is a 'destroyer', whatever that means. Just feeds the conclusion that he's not really defined himself as a player and is not good enough at any one thing to do so.
  34. Jan 12, 2017

Stobzilla Official Team Perv

Would have been interesting to see him get a game or two ahead of Ander as I think that is his direct competition (in terms of best position) but Ander's form has been too good to allow for it.

Didnt work, thanks for the effort, move on.
  35. Jan 12, 2017

Golden Nugget Full Member

It says on Wiki that he has played 32 games for us, 29 last season. It doesn't take into account how many sub appearances and that - but I can barely remember any performance from him, good or bad. (Except one moment where we were 1-0 up against someone, Memphis lost the ball and Schneiderlim who just came on, slowly jogged back while the other team equalised).

Felt he would be a great signing based on what I saw at Southamtpon but it was just not the case. Wish him the best of luck, apart from when it's against us.
  36. Jan 12, 2017

Fortitude TV/Monitor Expert

He's going to play like a man possessed against us in future encounters, which will be annoying given the way he mentally collapsed here.
  37. Jan 12, 2017

R300k T A

38. Jan 12, 2017

Zebs Clare Bald'ings Daughter

United just made it official.
  39. Jan 12, 2017

Zoo Full Member

40. Jan 12, 2017

kopviolator Full Member

I had high hopes for him. What a let down

I guess if we can offload Depay as well this will be regarded as a good transfer window.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.