Morgan Schneiderlin | Everton Player

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by prath92, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Sep 30, 2017

Robbie Boy Full Member

Everton fans on Grandoldteam think he's wank.
  2. Sep 30, 2017

Acole9 Outstanding

They would be right.
  3. Sep 30, 2017

Robbie Boy Full Member

Absolutely.
  4. Sep 30, 2017

Obiorahking_ Full Member

These days thats very true. Just half of a shell of what could have been.
  5. Sep 30, 2017

Robbie Boy Full Member

Yup. Was so excited when we signed him. Didn't want Schweinstiger but badly wanted Schneiderlin. I thought he was going to a clsss signing for us but it didn't quite turn out that way. He looks a shadow of the player he once was, the one that broke into the French NT while at Southampton.
  6. Sep 30, 2017

simonhch Horrible boss

Supports:
    Urban Combat Preparedness
    I never noticed anything good he did at Southampton. Just got swept up in the caf hype. Always seemed like so many other midfielders, OK at everything. Not exceptional at anything. And so it proved. He was no better than Tom Cleverley or Darron Gibson.

The much vaunted Schmidfield, was just about the shitest pairing we've seen since Park and Da Silva.
  7. Sep 30, 2017

Mike09 Banned

Performing better means he was actually performing better. He seemed perform better doesn't mean he was actually performing better. So it was just one single standard.

I make it into better words here. Schneiderlin was just a mid table player and after Wanyama came we thought he was ready to step up but it was never the case. He was never ready to step up & always been a mid table player.

LOL, I have already answered the question. The answer is on that sentence that you quoted. Read it again!

Morgan displayed much better ball playing ability?? Sorry but it sounds deluded to me. Morgan was never highly rated in his ball playing ability. Let's be honest and real here, he was only rated high with his defensive work which is why a lot of people not just United fans thought he can become from a box to box to a holding midfielder.
  8. Sep 30, 2017

Obiorahking_ Full Member

Still not going with me. You state that Schneiderlin was just a midtable player before Wanyama and you agreed that Wanyama coming here gave Schneiderlin more freedom would just expose his mid table qualities. So then why would people think that he performed better? It just dosen't make any sense.

I would also counter your point with the fact that Scheiderlin had already been playing really well before Wanyama, but then you'd make some stupid statement that Jack Cork(who couldn't even hold down a role at Southampton) was really behind Scheiderlin racking up the the highest tackles, interceptions, and highest workrate in EPL....tell me I'm wrong?

I never said that Morgan's ball playing ability was highly rated...just a lot better than Kante's.
  9. Sep 30, 2017

Mike09 Banned

If Wanyama didn't come, and Jack Cork stays as Southampton no 6, people wouldn't think so. What doesn't make any sense is how can a player that you rate so high like Schneiderlin can't keep up in top level and is now playing for mid table. Your point is just dosen't make any sense.

It's not that stupid because at least I can see the difference between Schneiderlin & other top box to box.

Well, the fact you said it's "much better" means it's highly rated. Because Kante himself isn't that bad but you made it sounds like Schneiderlin is a top midfielder. Waste of my time to talk about Schneiderlin mate so you can deny the facts & believe what you believe.
  10. Oct 1, 2017

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Wow, there's some long posts in this thread.

Why do you guys care so much?
  11. Oct 1, 2017

roonster09 Full Member

:lol: This has gone for weeks. Probably longest argument in caf's history.
  12. Oct 1, 2017

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    I know, and why does anyone care? He's the most anonymous player ever to play for United.
  13. Oct 1, 2017

IrishRedDevil Full Member

He's horrible. Just got shafted again for the Burnley goal.
  14. Oct 1, 2017

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    Getting sarcastic cheers by the Everton fans for passing forward.
  15. Oct 1, 2017

Obiorahking_ Full Member

He was already highly rated prior to Wanyama's arrival. He won Southampton and StatZone player of the year.
    Van Gaal played a big part in that.He just didn't live up to his potential, something that has happened to countless players.
    No...its pretty damn bad. In fact it was the reason we were able to demolish Chelsea last year by cutting off their wingplay and forcing them to play through the middle. Kante could hardly pass the ball forward.
  16. Oct 1, 2017

Obiorahking_ Full Member

To be honest, I'm just incredibly stubborn. I just can't help myself.

Besides I love a good debate on the Caf. I don't come to forums so that people can agree with me all the time.
  17. Oct 1, 2017

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Over one of the most forgettable players ever to put on a United shirt too.
  18. Nov 6, 2017

Bojan11 Full Member

Reports he walked out of training on Saturday with Mirallas.
  19. Nov 6, 2017

Robbie Boy Full Member

20. Nov 6, 2017

Revaulx Full Member

21. Nov 6, 2017

Jazz Full Member

Bad attitude it seems.... guess we were well rid..
  22. Nov 7, 2017

12OunceEpilogue Full Member

Shocking. I don't blame Everton taking a chance on him as if they could find Southampton Schneiderlin they'd have had a fine midfielder on their hands. Ultimately he's been a disaster for both of us.
  23. Nov 7, 2017

Wessex Saint Full Member

Supports:
    Southampton
  24. Nov 7, 2017

Antisocial Has a Sony home cinema

Did he have attitude problems at Southampton @Wessex Saint? I remember hearing he was a bit pissy about not getting a move to Spurs the season before coming to United, but he seemed professional enough when I saw him playing for Southampton.
  25. Nov 7, 2017

Wessex Saint Full Member

Supports:
    Southampton
    Nope, his attitude was good. He threw his toys out of the pram when we refused to sell him (along with all those that went to Liverpool) as it seems that he thought it was open season. Can't blame him really, as it did seem that way, but impressions can be deceiving.

But I think he was told to give one more year and then he could go. Which he did without fuss. When he left, I remember thinking that I was actually glad that it was him rather than Wanyama. I think Wanyama had the same "deal" - 1 more year and then he could go, but he had a much worse attitude. But no, Morgan was a consummate professional trying desperately to break into the French national squad and get a big move. All gone Pete Tong.

Now I don't really buy into it being more difficult playing for a bigger team because of expectation. It doesn't change you from a good player to a really average one, does it?
  26. Nov 7, 2017

SambaBoy Full Member

Out of interest, how was he for Southampton? Did you expect him to succeed at United or did you think it was a step too far considering how he had done for the Saints.

I always thought it strange he went from League 1 to the Prem without getting a move to a bigger club, it's not as if he was really young at the time.
  27. Nov 7, 2017

saintquin New Member

Supports:
    Southampton, Harlequins
    He was quite young when you think of the age of some other movers to "bigger clubs". Personally I thought he would fit right in at United.
  28. Nov 7, 2017

Antisocial Has a Sony home cinema

Thanks for that - I remember the Wanyama situation, but nothing more with Schneiderlin. Could still be an attitude issue I suppose, or we just all got it wrong about good he was/could be.
  29. Nov 7, 2017

Wessex Saint Full Member

Supports:
    Southampton
    Often players rely on their partner a fair bit and flatter to deceive. But Schneiderlin was the leader so to speak, which to me means that when he moves on to a bigger club, then as he has better players around him, he shouldn't have any problems fitting in. I look at the other good example of this, in Lovren, who had a defensive shield in front of him (ironically inc Schneiderlin) and has been found out at Liverpool.

As far as I can see the changes that have happened to him....

@ Man Utd - He had made it by being signed by a big boy, and got paid a lot, BUT he found that he was now not an automatic choice. At Saints he was pretty much first name on the team sheet.
    @ Everton - while it started while at Utd, he got married (something that surprised me TBH)

I think it fair to say that he looks pretty disinterested at Everton. Maybe it is disappointment in being rejected by Utd, or maybe he is more interested in his wife. People do get bored of their jobs, or their priorities change, but it seemingly doesn't happen to often with PL players. Who knows, but he sure isn't the same player that he was. It started while at Utd, and he was fairly average and I was impressed that Utd managed to recoup most of what they spent on him. I guess the transfer market moving so much helped, but still, £25m for him at this stage, looks like Utd got the better end of the deal.

I find it sad that a once very promising career seems to be fizzling out to ignominy. Maybe it is just a bad patch and he will rediscover his touch and flourish. He's 28 tomorrow, so has a few years left, although to me he should be at his peak right now. As I say, maybe just a bad patch, but if so, then that is a 2-and-a-bit season long blip.
  30. Dec 7, 2017

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

Reduced to playing with a bunch of youths.
  31. Dec 7, 2017

Hugh Jass Full Member

I remember the hype when we signed him. Just shows how people over hype some players.
  32. Dec 7, 2017

haram Full Member

Terrible mentality along with the likes of Depay, di Maria and Schweinsteiger. Van Gaal fecked us over.
  33. Dec 7, 2017

WackyWengerWorld Banned

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I'd imagine it's easier to be a ball winning midfielder in a counter attacking team who sits deep. In a more expansive attacking team there will be more space between the lines to cover and maybe less time on the ball as teams sit deeper against you. Pochettino/Southampton's system also got allot out of players
  34. Dec 7, 2017

FujiVice Full Member

Rashford and Martial is quite the check mate in the game of shit chess, though.

Van Gaal had his obvious bad points, but I dont know if I enjoyed a game more than when we beat Arsenal at Old Trafford and ended the game with so many players from the academy.
  35. Dec 8, 2017

MAME DIOUF 32 Full Member

I'm not sure that was it. He was impressive at Southampton. I think the issue was mental - either he couldn't cope with the pressure at United or he just stopped working hard enough because he'd got his big contract. His performances made me think the latter.
  36. Dec 8, 2017

Revaulx Full Member

The revisionism over this, and the mental gymnastics some posters have sweated over to deny it, is remarkable.
    Not sure really. He was a real grafter at Southampton. Hard working players don't usually just give up like he did.
  37. Dec 8, 2017

Ikon Full Member

The name of #63......S Lavery....:annoyed:
  38. Dec 8, 2017

noodlehair "It's like..."

He's up there as one of our worst ever signings for me. Not good enough at football and his application in games was somewhere short of pathetic. He'd literally just let people run past him and score. Been the same at Everton so hardly a surprise he hasn't exactly been a hit there either.

Didn't think all that much of him at Southampton when I watched him there either, but so many people seemed so adamant he was amazing that I just presumed there was something I wasn't seeing. I think all it proves is how many fans on the internet just borrow opinions from each other to try and seem more knowledgeable than they are.
  39. Dec 8, 2017

Revaulx Full Member

Absolutely!

Some people might beg to differ regarding Schweinsteiger...

Depay might have been (a) crap and (b) a bit of a knob, but there's little evidence of a "terrible mentality". If anything, he looked like he was trying too hard while he was at United.

It now looks that there really are problems with Schneiderlin's mentality, but I don't recall there being any evidence of it prior to him arriving at Old Trafford. Everyone was looking forward to getting a player with energy and commitment, which we had lacked in midfield since Fletcher got ill.
  40. Dec 8, 2017

ROFLUTION Full Member

And to think we got 20m gbp for him :lol: Nicely recouped Woody

Really says something about what a sleeping-pillow a transfer to Man Utd can be too. Some players thinks they've made it. Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay all fell asleep and stopped being good players.