Morgan Schneiderlin | Everton Player

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by prath92, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Jan 12, 2017

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

Funny when read out loud.
  2. Jan 12, 2017

saivet Full Member

Disappointed it didn't work for him here, really thought he would be a good signing for us. Things didn't work out and best for all parties this deal. Hope he does well for Everton and has a storming debut.
  3. Jan 12, 2017

squiggle Full Member

Supports:
    Ligue 1, Arsenal
    I thought he was much better for you than seems to be the common view here - I was sorry he didn't choose Arsenal - but this is a very good move for all involved. I'd like to see Everton move from being the best outside the top teams to being a top team again, and if he plays anything like as well as he can he should be a great help to them in achieving that.
  4. Jan 12, 2017

justboy68 Full Member

We've done well to recoup what we paid for him considering his reputation was at its peak when we bought him and is pretty much at its trough now. Good luck to him.
  5. Jan 12, 2017

Hed Zitin Full Member

He came here and just played it safe. He showed zero of his long range passing at Southampton. Crab football under LvG didn't help. I thought he was pretty poor in front of the back four too. Didn't track runners properly.

The club got a good fee, so well done to them. Hope that's a trend that continues.
  6. Jan 12, 2017

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Good luck to him. Was never convinced if he was quite good enough talent wise, but mentality wise he never quite cut it. Never stood out, never took charge or looked too confident. Shame, but oh well. He'll be an excellent signing for Everton I think, hope he starts it off with a big game against City.
  7. Jan 12, 2017

MounchesterUtd Banned

On one hand, it feels like we could've gotten a higher fee considering the money teams are throwing nowadays. On the other, Schneidi's handled the situation nicely and 20m up front for someone who's barely played this year isn't bad I guess.
  8. Jan 12, 2017

MartialsBeard Banned

Good luck to the lad hell be excellent at Everton. Good fee but thats his worth, they wont regret paying that. Lets hope he smashes one in.
  9. Jan 12, 2017

Mike09 Banned

I'm so happy with the deal. £22m + £2m adds on for a player with £100k per week wages. Good deal for us. Pretty much almost pay off the money we spent on Mkhytaryan. Good luck at Everton.
  10. Jan 12, 2017

TheNewEra Knows Kroos' mentality

He wants to eat football again.
  11. Jan 12, 2017

fellaini's barber Full Member

Looks like Rick Flagg or whatever in Suicide squad,equally as pointless
  12. Jan 12, 2017

Ekeke Full Member

Shame he didnt get a proper chance this season. All the best to him and fully expect him to be one of the better midfielders in the league again.
  13. Jan 12, 2017

golden_blunder Dreaming of a return to 4-4-2 Staff

His new partner at Everton will bring out the best in him.

He was not really suited for lvg team and now mourinho has better players

Good luck to him
  14. Jan 12, 2017

Brightonian Full Member

He could be really great for Everton, but we won't have any regrets. He had good games here, but never looked that special in them, never showed that extra gear required to become a settled starting XI player for us.

Good fee to, clear sign of a change of strategy from our former 'if we don't want them, we don't need to get money for them' approach.
  15. Jan 13, 2017

fishfingers15 Contributes to username and tagline changes

Against Citeh this weekend, no less.
  16. Jan 13, 2017

AR87 Full Member

Possible to show progress without winning the PL
    That's what bothered me the most. I think the Arsenal match at OT last year both of the goals were his fault, but the 2nd one was him switching off and just watching Ozil follow up for a rebound.

There were other instances but that sticks out the most to me.
  17. Jan 13, 2017

Macern SeARcHeS iMagEs oF fO0tbAlLeRs bAllSaCkS

Wish him all the best. Seems like a true professional, but he was never United quality. I'm positive to most transfers we make but I was very much against him so feels good to say I told you so :cool:
  18. Jan 13, 2017

ricky-romeo Full Member

Very happy when we signed him as i thought he would be the long term replacement for carrick's position.

But van gaal obviously does not know what to do with him and jose doesnt rate him.

A good deal for united in the end. It seems that under jose we are starting to get decent fees for selling our players. A year ago or if we are still under LVG we probably would settle for 8million pounds.
  19. Jan 13, 2017

DatIrishFella Band of Brothers, Thief

He's going to be great for Everton. Gutted we never saw the player that cemented himself as one of the best holding midfielders in the PL when he was at Soton.
  20. Jan 13, 2017

kr0nix Full Member

Pretty much. He seemed poor aerially too. I remember him losing headers quite consistently on corners and free kicks.
  21. Jan 13, 2017

starman Full Member

What step up are you referring to? United have not been a title challenging team for the last few years

Like Herrera he needs a consistent run of games in the team which he was not getting here. For the two years before he came here he was one of the best midfielders in the league, yet he gets singled out as a player that not good enough under Van Gaal (hes played less then 160 minutes this season). There were lots of players not good enough under Van Gaal.
  22. Jan 13, 2017

stu_1992 Full Member

Shame it never worked for him, I thought he would be a great signing at the time. Can't say he'll really be a miss though, hasn't even been seen enough this season to be missed.
  23. Jan 13, 2017

ti vu Full Member

"... get Everton where it belongs..." Where does Everton belong?

Buttner

I think this is the key. LVG's style would require the players to be creative with keeping basic "safe play" philosophy at the same time. Not many players can switch gear like that. Schneiderlin definitely can't.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  24. Jan 13, 2017

worldinmotion66 Full Member

Don't think he was ever utilised properly at United, but Everton can bring the best out of him again. Think he'll do well there.
  25. Jan 13, 2017

JoaquinJoaquin Full Member

Are you the same guy that said Mhki was ''really,really bad in the first half of the season'' on the basis of not much?

Schneiderlin wasn't ''really,really bad'' at all. He was bang average. Happy to settle for a 6/10 every game without exerting himself. That's about it. Some people love to exaggerate on here.
  26. Jan 13, 2017

sun_tzu The Art of Bore

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
    I was just thinking the same...and with barkley in front of them (should he recapture a bit of form) and Lukaku up top they are looking pretty solid in the middle - (could still probably do with a wide player or two and a centre back and I doubt they have the cash to get all of that covered)
  27. Jan 13, 2017

marjen Desperately wants to be like Noodle

Good signing for Everton. Good sale for us as he never managed to lift himself while playing for us.

Perhaps lacked the character to really enjoy being at a club like United.
  28. Jan 13, 2017

Danillaco Full Member

Me too. Very good player that didn't work out for us.

But got to admit it was great business.
  29. Jan 13, 2017

izec Full Member

He will tear it up at Everton, i am sure of it. Their midfield is pretty good now.
  30. Jan 13, 2017

Danillaco Full Member

Jose really brings the best out of everybody!
  31. Jan 13, 2017

CG1010 Full Member

Agent Schneiderlin to work his magic over the weekend.:cool:

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Its not like Everton are in a relegation zone or something. They are seventh, and that's probably the ceiling for them. Maybe long-term they can aspire to compete with Spurs but not with the rest 5 clubs.
  32. Jan 13, 2017

squiggle Full Member

Supports:
    Ligue 1, Arsenal
    I don't see why they shouldn't aim for the top with some more investment. Any club can get there, and Everton have an advantage over most in having a very sturdy historical basis. With the most seasons in the top division and nine championships they're one of the clubs everyone's heard of, even if they don't follow football.
  33. Jan 13, 2017

King.of.Red New Member

well good luck morgan. I like him at Southampton and really happy he come to OT. just he is so useless for us. sigh..truly a pity..
  34. Jan 13, 2017

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

Playing next to a proper DM who runs around and tackles a lot will be a god-send for him. He'll do very well at Everton, but he'd have never done well enough for us to justify him being here. A good move for everyone involved.
  35. Jan 13, 2017

DatGuyRich Banned

Liverpool 2-0

Spurs 3-0

West Ham 3-2

The guy was solid for Soton but couldn't live up to expectations here.
  36. Jan 14, 2017

RedMachine03 Poster of Articles

Schneiderlin explains why he doesn't blame Mourinho for Manchester United exit
    The 27-year-old has swapped Man Utd for Everton after completing his £24m move to Goodison Park.

Morgan Schneiderlin insists he bears no ill-feeling towards Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho after leaving the club for Everton.

The France midfielder has joined the Toffees for £24m in his search for regular first-team football after making just three starts under Mourinho.

Amid intense speculation over his future, Schneiderlin had not been included in a match day squad since November.

But, despite barely featuring under Mourinho, the 27-year-old holds no grudge towards his former boss.

"No anger at all, Jose has been good to me," he said. "We had some explanation and I can accept the decision he made.

"I have to move forward and I am glad he accepted my decision when I went to see him and said I couldn’t see myself spending a year on the bench.

"I’m a footballer and I don’t like to spend one year on the bench."

[​IMG]
    Schneiderlin had three seasons of Premier League experience before joining United
    Schneiderlin was one of Louis van Gaal's final signings as United boss in 2015 after he joined the Reds for £24m from Southampton.

It proved to be a frustrating 18 months for the France midfielder after he made just 47 appearances under two managers at Old Trafford.

And Schneiderlin feels it could have been different if he had an extended run in the side.

"I went there with big ambition and I wanted to do the best for the football club, but I don't think I arrived at the best time in Manchester United's history," he added.

"It is true that last year we didn't always play very good football, it wasn't very attractive and there was a lot of criticism around the team.

"From my point of view I didn't have the run of games that I was expecting, I didn't enjoy it as I wanted to. I didn't fall out of love with football, but of course when you don't play it is a different game.

"Happiness is the most important thing in life and hopefully I will find that here and now."
  37. Jan 14, 2017

RaptorSlo Full Member

Like Pogba?
  38. Jan 14, 2017

Leroy The Red Full Member

Wish him the best, whilst he seemed to break under the pressure of playing for United I never felt we used him correctly. I think he could have worked as B2B but far too often we used him as a very defensive holder. That's on LVG like a lot of things tend to be. He also never showed any faith in Schneiderlin despite forking out 25 million for him. He'll do well at Everton, Koeman knows how to use him and it would be nice if he starts that tomorrow.
  39. Jan 15, 2017

MounchesterUtd Banned

On the bench for Everton against Citeh
  40. Jan 15, 2017

Woodzy Full Member

Morgan Schneiderlin | Everton Substitute