Mourinho at full time: "Pogba a virus. You don't play. You don't respect players/fans" [Castles]

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Samid, Dec 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 11, 2018

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Racism will always be an issue within football but it is certainly not as prevalent as it once was. We have witnessed a marked improvement in this area over the last couple of decades, particularly in England where the Kick it Out campaign burns as strong as ever, but the idea that we will remove it entirely is pure fantasy.

Isolated incidents such as those experienced by Aubameyang and Sterling will continue to crop up, but they are the exception rather than the rule.
  2. Dec 11, 2018

Velvet Revolver Full Member

lol! There are rivalries at college sports level in America! what are you on about?
  3. Dec 11, 2018

Fault lies on both sides. Only thing is Jose can air his dirty laundry in the open while Pogba gets blamed for wearing a invisible headphone
  4. Dec 11, 2018

shamans Hoser

Trust me American rivalries aren't as bitter or deep. They're more fun and light hearted. Kinda waters it down for me. The clubs are "franchises" after all.
  5. Dec 11, 2018

you clearly haven't been to the midwest of USA! I just felt that statement of 'I am American i dont understand rival stuff funny thats all'
  6. Dec 11, 2018

Crashoutcassius Full Member

its a team issue and mourinhos hypothesis seems to be pogba's attitude dragging down other players. Seems to be correct in the two games since.
  7. Dec 11, 2018

Redlips Full Member

Laughable. Pogba has missed many games against actual decent teams and we've been garbage 90% of the time.

The only person dragging the side down is MOURINHO! We've seen a it all before so many times with him but yet some fans are in denial.

Our whole squad is inconsistent under his watch, but funny enough Pogba and Martial - two that he's tried to turn the fans against - have been our most productive this season.
  8. Dec 11, 2018

shamans Hoser

All I'll say is the Duke and Carolina rivalry that is labelled as one of the fiercest rivalries in college sports is so tame compared to Barcelona vs Madrid
  9. Dec 11, 2018

Crashoutcassius Full Member

thats your own narrative, that he has tried to turn fans against players. When he challenged players in public and it resulted in a title at every other club i don't think fans were in forums using that narrative
  10. Dec 11, 2018

It is not the intensity of the rivalry. It's the notion of what rivalry is. Also you cannot compare a college level rivalry with el classico. This is off topic converstion to this thread anyways.
  11. Dec 11, 2018

shamans Hoser

Only mentioned it because you did.

I'm just saying with American sports the Rivalry seems to come and go per match basis. It's all about who won the game today vs Man United and Liverpool where we spend decades to knock them of their perch.
  12. Dec 12, 2018

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

13. Dec 12, 2018

kendoka New Member

14. Dec 12, 2018

abdo99 Full Member

15. Dec 12, 2018

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

It's not 2018 stats. Thats his overall PL stats.
  16. Dec 12, 2018

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Plus generally lazy relates to sprints and distance covered
  17. Dec 12, 2018

GM K Full Member

What exactly has Mourinho done wrong with Pogba? This is the bit I just don't get. Let's set the biases aside, what has Mourinho done to Pogba this season? At a point, I actually started feeling Jose was sounding like an idiot kissing Pogba's behind at every opportunity, Giving him the captain's armband and so on. Each time, the lad or his agent responded with something disrespectful to his manager or the club. Yes, he is talented, we get that but hanging his inconsistency on his manager is unfair in my view.
  18. Dec 12, 2018

Rash Decision Full Member

19. Dec 12, 2018

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
  20. Dec 12, 2018

Fracture90 Full Member

Personally I think Mourinho should have either simply congratulated Pogba on WC win or simply said nothing. Those cryptic messages where he took a subtle dig at Pogba were completely unnecessary.
  21. Dec 12, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Pogba now firmly under that bus. Hope he's still alive by he time the driver pulls away.
  22. Dec 12, 2018

antohan gets aroused by tagline boobs

I think you missed the point.

He probably meant stuff like our "Manchester rivalry" doesn't register since he is not Mancunian. I tend to agree, over time you develop a basic sense of rivalry but it will never be the same as actually having bluenoses at work, the pub, the gym, family gatherings, etc.

I was at OT and absolutely thrilled at beating them 4-3 after the Tevez "Welcome to Manchester" summer, but I'm sure it wasn't even 30% of what it meant to our local fans.
  23. Dec 12, 2018

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

Mourinho will drive that buss off the cliff.
  24. Dec 12, 2018

laughtersassassin Full Member

Tru but I saw stats a few weeks ago that had Pogba among our top 3 I think in distance run per 90 minutes. He is in no way lazy and he never hides from games like some do.
  25. Dec 12, 2018

Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær Lutefisk is it!

Supports:
    Moanchester United
    To be fair, our entire squad is lazy compared to the rest of the league so being the third best in one of the laziest teams in the league isn't saying much.
  26. Dec 12, 2018

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

In a squad that includes Mata, Matic and Lukaku that's not much of an endorsement
  27. Dec 12, 2018

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate Scout

In CL he is in the same bracket as someones like Wijnaldum or Allan, he averages 10.5km/90mins while Wijnaldum averages 10.8km/90mins. There is actually nothing wrong on that front.
  28. Dec 12, 2018

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

So he's saying it now? Give me a break. Someone must justify to prospective new employers the fact that he's given the go ahead for 400m worth of talent most of which had failed miserably.
  29. Dec 12, 2018

I agree but that proves it is a trait of the team instilled by Jose rather by the players themselves. If I remember correctly it was Lingard and Fred who covered more ground. I would say they are a decent company in that regard.

When we lose the ball we always drop off and try hold a shape so our players simply aren't going to be doing a lot of running in that system. If Paul is lazy then we just about need to call out every other player too especially Matic who has been a joke in that regard at times this season.

Pogba simply isn't the problem with this team. It is an absurd notion by a manager who has performed absurdly bad.
  30. Dec 12, 2018

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

Former Juventus star and WC winner star and yet, he's reduced to a reserve in United's 8th place team. That's special indeed.
  31. Dec 12, 2018

He was just behind Fred and Lingard and as JPRouve said his distance covered stats are similar to Wijnaldum which is impressive considering we play a completely non-pressing game 99% of the time.
  32. Dec 12, 2018

Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær Lutefisk is it!

Supports:
    Moanchester United
    Like I said, the whole team is lazy. It's not just a Mourinho problem. It was evident in Fergie's later years, under Moyes and LvG. Players get to United, feel they've made it, can rest on their laurels and phone it in. They simply need to put in more effort. They'e professional athletes, it's not like they can't run harder and farther.
  33. Dec 12, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

That the media is talking more about Pogba than Mourinho's position can only be described as a work of art. It's incredible really.
  34. Dec 12, 2018

Jib Full Member

If Pogba was truely a great champion/leader, he should have responded.

Mourinho is a bully and Pogba is soft ;)
  35. Dec 12, 2018

Posh Red Full Member

Perhaps they need a younger, more inspirational leader that they can relate to in order to bring the best out of them and give them that extra motivation? Just seems weird that only United have this issue you describe. I know they are professionals, but if it was that simple then there would be no need to spend millions on top managers.
  36. Dec 12, 2018

Skills Snitch

Bollocks. Pogba played for a bigger club than us in Juventus yet that criticism was never levelled at him over there.
  37. Dec 12, 2018

Stepney73 New Member

Juventus are not a bigger club than Utd.

Not even close to our size.
  38. Dec 12, 2018

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

He's starting tonight as a member of the second string. Which obviously means him being included for the Liverpool encounter is not an option.
  39. Dec 15, 2018

VJ1762 Full Member

Saw this on r/reddevils.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/a65zir/interestingly_howson_says_that_pogba_is_the_one/

Like the first comment in that thread, I don't know what is true anymore.
    I really hope Pogba stays though. The Theatre of dreams should be a stage for guys like him. Not for the workhorses like Willian and Perisic that Mourinho likes.

P.S. I know the cafe is not particularly fond of Howson. But since so many on here say 'Pogba does not play for the badge', 'marketing machine', 'plays only for himself', 'plays only when he feels like it' etc. I thought this would provide another perspective.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  40. Dec 15, 2018

Jeppers7 Full Member

Always wondered why he's only a virus when he had a bad game ? Surely if he's a virus.....he's a virus ? Why wait until he isn't playing well ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.