Mourinho dismisses Guardiola's claim Silva could miss derby

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by newsdevil, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dec 6, 2017

Can7onA New Member

He should be more like Fergie, don't respond but inform them all most of our players are injured. Then rock up full strength. :devil:
  2. Dec 6, 2017

Adisa Full Member

Some will use anything to attack Mourinho.
    Hes simply mocking Wenger and Pep ffs.
  3. Dec 6, 2017

Rightnr Full Member

People complain Jose's an arsehole and slag him off constantly but that's why I love him.

If you are on his team, you know it. There's no middle ground or space for compromise or 'congratulating' the other side. Just how a United manager should be.
  4. Dec 6, 2017

ChaddyP Full Member

Supports:
    Banned from Pogba thread
    He said that yesterday. im talking about after the Watford game and leading up to the arsenal match. Jose said it was an important injury and was a doubt for the arsenal game. Pep has said now that silva is a doubt for the derby. How is that any different than what Jose did the following week? Wenger was the cnut that said lacazette was basically officially out for our game then game day he magically appears and plays 90.
  5. Dec 6, 2017

willowisp New Member

I'm with you.
  6. Dec 6, 2017

shamans 1 set of sheets, optimistic about chances of sex

I like Mourinho but I don't understand why people enjoy these comments so much. Do you really think Pep or any professional who is busy getting ready for a big game is going to get affected by it?

I have nothing against the comments. It's light hearted fun but there are comments on here saying this is the reason he should be our manager. I don't see how. It's meaningless in the bigger picture.
  7. Dec 7, 2017

Marcky411 Full Member

Pep and Klopp, media somehow always find a way to make excuses for them. Last year it was Conte and his passion but this year he seems to have lost his mojo with them, bunch of twats.
  8. Dec 7, 2017

Andrew Wolf New Member

FYI, Silva has an ongoing neck issue. Torticollis i believe. Needs rest which is why he has been playing just the once a week. Will most likely play but it is a genuine issue.
  9. Dec 7, 2017

Offsideagain New Member

Jose is just saying what he,and millions of others, know only too well. Successive City managers have used this tactic. It’s usually Aguero that is doubtful only to do a Lazarus and sprint out for the game. Another favourite is to announce a player has signed a contract extension and is committed to City until 2050.

It’s all designed to cast doubt in the opposition minds and would work on a weaker manager/team. The badge kissers only went for the money (Walker especially) although it has been reported Messi turned them down this Summer after a €1m a week and huge signing on fee was offered.
  10. Dec 7, 2017

Offsideagain New Member

Why ‘Pep’ and not ‘Jurghen’. Why not Guardiola and Klopp. All you hear is Pep when it comes to the Bitters.
  11. Dec 7, 2017

ROFLUTION Full Member

See this is what happens when people don't listen to Wu-Tang.

Protect ya neck!
  12. Dec 7, 2017

SaboTaj Full Member

This is the Mourinho I love. Hope he reverts back to this version of himself quick!
  13. Dec 7, 2017

Adarsh CU New Member

It was funny seeing Guardiola hide when he was questioned. The journo asked him specifically which body part is injured and Guardiola said "It's nothing major.. It's something and I don't know..." It had to happen for you to know. At least plan your lies well :)
  14. Dec 8, 2017

Crazy Horse New Member

He say's "Zlatan big chance" Certainly threw me. Me being one of the few people on this site who has questioned the whole affair of bringing him back. Remains to be seen what part he plays in Sundays game. If he plays any part at all. Wouldn't like to think José would use Ibra in that way just for his mind games
  15. Dec 8, 2017

kaiz New Member

I agree it was a banter, nothing more, nothing less. I think United fans are pleased because he sounds cheerful and humorous and because nothing scares me more than a miserable Mourinho. I'm fully prepared for that meltdown in his third season. Hopefully he will justify it by the success this season.
  16. Dec 8, 2017

DevilRed Full Member

Basically confirms what Ibra says. The bald cnut is a coward and a poor excuse of a man.
  17. Dec 8, 2017

Dike_Manc New Member

My sentiments exactly.
  18. Dec 8, 2017

Womp Full Member

Doubt it'll happen here. There is no player power or politics involved in this club like there was at Chelsea and Madrid.
  19. Dec 8, 2017

Offsideagain New Member

So Silva plays:eek:
  20. Dec 8, 2017

Judas Open to offers

What a surprise! If Pep was any sort of man he’d have had Silva not play just to prove a point.
  21. Dec 8, 2017

SirAF Ageist

Obviously - otherwise Guardiola hadn't blown up in that presser in Barcelona. Just the way I want it.
  22. Dec 8, 2017

van der star newprawn warrior

I guess you could say Pep pulled a Judas :cool:
  23. Dec 8, 2017

tomaldinho1 Full Member

He betrayed Mourinho by pointing him out in the olive garden, where he was inconspicuous amongst his disciples Marco Silva, Tony Pulis etc, by kissing him on the cheek. Soon after he was seized by the Romans and then crucified.
  24. Dec 8, 2017

adexkola American Arse

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Quotes from said presser...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/apr/27/josep-guardiola-jose-mourinho

Real did get pasted 1-3 at the Bernabau after that, so hopefully history doesn't exactly repeat itself :nervous:
  25. Dec 8, 2017

Ish Lights on for Luke

:lol:
  26. Dec 8, 2017

VancouverUtdFan Full Member

Supports:
    Canucks + NE Patriots
    The fact Pep thought he could play mind games with José is hysterical :lol:
  27. Dec 8, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

The funny thing about that Guardiola meltdown incident is that Madrid were playing against 12 men in the CL semi's. Alves faked an injury and went on a stretcher to get Pepe sent off, and in the second leg Higuan's perfectly good goal was disallowed because of a Mascherano dive 10 feet behind the ball.

That Barcelona team were masters of gamesmanship. In almost every big game they conned the referee.
  28. Dec 9, 2017 at 10:21

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

The CL semi final? Pepes tackle was pathetic and he was correctly sent off. Real could do nothing but kick Barca because they weren't good enough. Besides, for all that you wrote, I seem to remember Messi dribbling past the entire Madrid team and scoring. So maybe that played a part too.

Anyone who watched those games and thinks only one of the two teams playacted, worked the ref etc then they're pretty great at delusion.
  29. Dec 9, 2017 at 11:53

breakout67 Full Member

I think you're the delusional one, Real Madrid did very little to try to trick the ref. They played a physical game and let the ref decide whether they did too much. That is completely different from simulation. Its quite simple, Real Madrid were punished for their physical game while Barcelona were rewarded for their simulation.

I'm not surprised that a football hipster like yourself would see things like that, as if Barcelona are allowed to dive just because Madrid were physical with them. After all, Barcelona play better football so they can do whatever they want :rolleyes:

I dislike Real Madrid and their fans, but it was obvious to see that Barcelona flopped to the floor at any contact against them.
  30. Dec 9, 2017 at 12:41

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

Alright mate. Madrid tough, Barcelona cheat. Sounds like a balanced view indeed.