Mourinho press conference - Huddersfield home

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Damien, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Feb 2, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

Would have been nice if they asked a question or two about who is likely to play tomorrow - a good one would be about Shaw in for Young as it makes the most sense but I'm doubtful as to whether that'll happen.
  2. Feb 2, 2018

el3mel Full Member

All these injuries aren't really helping Fellaini situation to renew. He has become very injure prone this season and has barely played, at nearly 30. I think he'll be off in summer.
  3. Feb 2, 2018

Rozay Not good at posting fixture lists

Terrible time for Fellaini personally to be injured. If he were out for months he loses much of his leverage in any contract negotiations. He’s lucky he didn’t do his ACL, although we probably would have almost certainly extended his deal then anyway so we can show the world how ‘classy’ we are.
  4. Feb 2, 2018

AshRK Full Member

I really hope he doesn't drop martial.
  5. Feb 2, 2018

Marcky411 Full Member

I expect Young, even though Shaw has started to get back to his best and is the better defender. Young is too focused on getting forward and often leaves that side totally exposed when we loose possession, Mourinho will choose Young.
  6. Feb 2, 2018

youngrell Full Member

Young will probably get the nod at LB as we (should) dominate possession at home and Young offers more in the final third to try and break down a stubborn defence.
  7. Feb 2, 2018

Rozay Not good at posting fixture lists

We owe these cnuts one.
  8. Feb 2, 2018

whatwha Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

No other retirement home can match us :cool:
  9. Feb 2, 2018

Murder on Zidane's Floor You'd better not kill Giroud

I do.
  10. Feb 2, 2018

Fully Fledged Full Member

He was poor even when he was put back on the left in the second half. It almost seemed like he was sulking because someone had taken his starting birth on the left.
  11. Feb 2, 2018

Oldyella Full Member

If he is going to play wide right he might as well. Preferably its a fluid front three of Martial - Lukaku - Alexis
  12. Feb 2, 2018

AshRK Full Member

I understand he was poor but before that he was in great firm, and Jose must give time for martial and Sanchez time to gel together. I feel sanchez may do better at number 10 and lingard or rashford can play rw and martial play Lw.
  13. Feb 2, 2018

Van Piorsing Lost his light sabre

If it's really nothing that serious he could be back on FA Cup game, maybe fully ready on Sevilla, but If Mourinho will be constantly forced to be careful with him, perhaps it's indeed better for player to just move on.
  14. Feb 2, 2018

I'm not saying that he shouldn't play. I think that he should play but I do feel that he is a moody player if he feels slighted then he can go missing.
  15. Feb 2, 2018

BluesJr Full Member

Wow what a boring irrelevant press conference. I’d really hope there’s actually been questions on Pogba, tactics, results in big games etc. You know, stuff that actually matters I couldn’t care less about Fellaini’s injury if I’m honest.

Hopefully a bit more substance comes out when the papers are out later tonight.
  16. Feb 2, 2018

Murder on Zidane's Floor You'd better not kill Giroud

Great form? We really have low standards nowadays.
  17. Feb 2, 2018

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    What the feck are you on about, what would you call good form then?

11 goals this season, 3 in the last 5 games.

The World's greatest footballer, KDB, also has 11 goals this season, 3 in the last 5.

Which team to you support, btw?
  18. Feb 2, 2018

Mr H Full Member

No, it's just specific to Martial in here, you can't drop him, you can't hamper his development, you can't say he played bad .... Rashford was droped as soon as Martial form came back. it's only natural that Marcus gets the nod in this game. he was definitly sulking against spurs, one of the moments that marked me during the game against spurs was Martial losing the ball, walking when Sanchez was making the extra effort to get it back.

Martial should be dropped, and i'm not saying that only because of his form as all the players were shit against spurs but also because of his attitude in the game. Valencia should be dropped, i would argue that he shouldn't even be our starting right back. Jones and Smalling should both be dropped, it won't influence anything the next game as we play huddersfield but just to make a point.
  19. Feb 2, 2018

Mr H Full Member

Com'on now, you can't compare the two players, they don't pay in the same team. why did you choose KDB and not Salah or Sterling or even Sane as they play in the winger position like him.

edit: i'm not saying he wasn't in good form, he clearly was, just saying that the argument you put up doesn't make sense.
  20. Feb 2, 2018

Nick7 Full Member

some of you have really really odd agenda's.
  21. Feb 2, 2018

AshRK Full Member

Cannot waste to argue to a reply like that.
  22. Feb 2, 2018

el3mel Full Member

It's useless, mate. All our players have become trash after one bad lose.

Sell the whole team and get a new set of players.
  23. Feb 2, 2018

Sterling 1 goal in the last 5
    Salah 5 in the last 5
    Sane 3 in the last 6

Happy now? Martial is in good form, everyone was shit against Spurs.
  24. Feb 2, 2018

youngrell Full Member

Why should Valencia be dropped?
  25. Feb 2, 2018

AshRK Full Member

You cannot drop players on the basis of one game. We have lost many games even under sir alex, didn't mean sir alex used to drop most of his players. The sole reason martial has to play is to build an attacking relationship with Sanchez, which is very important. Martial at LW has done pretty well, he may have sulked against Spurs but you dont drop your inform player for that.
  26. Feb 2, 2018

Yup, someone got there already:

27. Feb 2, 2018

el3mel Full Member

:lol:
  28. Feb 2, 2018

AshRK Full Member

He was trying too much to impress against spurs, martial is generally not known for being selfish which is the complain we fans have regarding him, but against spurs he ted to do too much to impress. Dropping him will only complicate matters.
  29. Feb 2, 2018

AshRK Full Member

Exactly. I cannot understand when our fans have become like this. We are still second, we were never going to win the league. People act as if we are 10th and everything is crap associated to us.
  30. Feb 2, 2018

As I said I don't think he should be dropped.
  31. Feb 2, 2018

Billy Blaggs Flacco of the Blaggs tribe

I agree. I feel he throws strops.
  32. Feb 2, 2018

Greck Full Member

People are projecting their own emotions into this situation. There was nothing wrong with playing Martial on the right and he had no problem with it. We saw him play better on the right than the left. If he was sulking he wouldn't have made an effort to perform on the right
  33. Feb 2, 2018

walkinhop Full Member

You know what we need? A good old thrashing, a response, a revenge, a statement, a character, some passion. Good old 5 nil for the fans.
  34. Feb 2, 2018

I actually made Martial my MotM, he made some great 'trademark' runs, just a shame nothing came of them.
  35. Feb 2, 2018

whatwha Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Martial has done very well this season.

You're clearly not a United fan. Why do you rate our players? 3.1 average rating from you this season, your highest rated game is a United loss.
  36. Feb 2, 2018

Mr H Full Member

Com'on now, you compared Martial to KDB, you compared their stats since the begining of the season then you hand picked the stats to compare to make your point. we can't discuss something if we don't do it in good faith.

It's clear that Martial was in good form, i haven't at any point said otherwise, re read my post. i was merely pointing to the fact that the argument you made doesn't make sense.

Valencia isn't about this game, he offers nothing for me on the right flank attacking wise. now i know that we have no alternative

I haven't said that they should be dropped because of this game. i agree with the first part of your post. the part about Martial however, i don't, i've written above why he should be dropped. maybe i haven't explained my viewpoint well, so here's it:

Jose, from the begining of the season, tried to create a healthy competition between Rashford and Martial. it's only fair for me, that Martial should be dropped in favour of Rashford to maintain these healthy competition. the fact that he sulked against spurs is another reason for me to tell him that he should do more when he doesn't have the ball.

That's not fair from the two of you, don't generalize. My post isn't a kneejerk reaction to the game and it's hardly an unreasonable post. we were always going to lose or draw against spurs. the points i made were all justified:

• Martial: Rashford should have his chance in the same way Martial had his when Rashford's form dropped.
    • Valencia: If you dig up my posts in his thread the last months, i always said that he should be upgraded, that he offers us nothing in attack.
    • Smalling and Jones: Why should they be dropped ? Lindelof and Rojo (who is arguably at least as good as them) deserve to be back in the team.
    I haven't talked about the hole team have i ? Pogba and Matic were arguably our worst performers Wednesday, i would have began there if it was a knee jerk reaction.
  37. Feb 2, 2018

Mr H Full Member

@Sassy Colin @el3mel

And just to add a small point.

You have two types of forums:

• You have the Rawk kind of forums, everything is always good, don't say a bad word, about any player or manager ....
    • You also have the Arsenal Mania kind of forums, when you win, we'll win the league, our players are world class, when they lose it's the end of the world. that's what the cafe is becoming these days.
    Now, i remember the cafe being sensible. "not as crazy as the last months" is a better adjective i think. you could discuss a point with other posters without being labeled of a Rawkit or a Primadonna.

I understand that the state of the forum lately make people bored and angered by some of the reaction we have on the match day. hell, i extremly limit my reading and posting on the forum after a defeat. i understand that in those times, it's easy to answer with :

But we should understand or at least try to understand the points made by the other posters before replying with posts like these that don't add anything to the discussion. the only thing that does is stop the discussion.
  38. Feb 2, 2018

tomaldinho1 Full Member

Please start Rashford or Tony at 9. Please Jose.
  39. Feb 2, 2018

Ish Lights on for Luke

It really is.
  40. Feb 2, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

He wants us to sell Martial so little point arguing.