Napoli

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Suedesi, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Dec 6, 2017

BarcaSpurs Full Member

Shakhtar getting really underrated in here.

Always a great team this time of the year, shame they always fall apart by the time the last 16 comes around because its essentially during their pre season.
  2. Dec 6, 2017

Paul_Scholes18 Full Member

Yeah that would be a good factor for teams wanting to get them. Sevilla, Porta, Shaktar and Basel the teams to get in general though. The other 4 games will be big ones!
  3. Dec 7, 2017

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Understimated shakhtar in the first game, lost that one, then the schedule(ane city hitting juggernaut form right around the time of their encounters) did the rest
  4. Dec 7, 2017

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    No, they are good. They just have a tiny squad and underestimated Shakhtar.
  5. Dec 7, 2017

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    It's not about their squad. They fecked up in Ukraine, admitted they underestimated the opponent, and got beaten. The schedule then did the rest. Invert Napoli and Shakhtar's schedules and Napoli are probably playing City for 1st place at home, the current city, not the one from a month ago...
  6. Dec 7, 2017

VanGaalEra Full Member

All bark, no bite? Let's see how the season pans out but it won't be a surprise to me if they win nothing.
  7. Dec 7, 2017

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    That's true in the Champions League, but their tiny squad will take its tool in the long run.
  8. Dec 8, 2017

RooneyLegend Full Member

Still don't understand why they did what they did in match day 1.
  9. Dec 8, 2017

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Arrogance. They admitted as much. Thought Shakhtar wouldn't be as good as they were. Probably underestimated the impact of a possible loss with their schedule, too
  10. Dec 8, 2017

RooneyLegend Full Member

Whatever the reason, its a shame. The competition is poorer without them. While Shaktar also play some good football and are good for an upset if things go their way, its going to be harder for them without a competent striker.
  11. Dec 16, 2017

van der star newprawn warrior Scout

Marek Hamsik has equalled Diego Maradona’s all-time record of 115 goals for Napoli, with his goal against Torino tonight. It has taken the 30-year-old 477 competitive appearances to reach this number.

12. Dec 16, 2017

SambaBoy Full Member

Seems like he will retire if he wins the Scudetto. Hasn't been as good this season in all fairness but is still only 30. I could imagine he could play for another few years but you would have to give him respect if he decided to bow out at the top.
  13. Apr 24, 2018

Tanel Banned

Amazing how this team is left so far behind.. Playing one of most eyecandy like football. The first love came when they had Lavezzi, Cavani, Hamsik in front 3 and dismantled Chelsea the season they eventually reached the final. Since then they have been on verge of breakthrough always on touching distance to Serie A Scudetto. This is it's finally coming closer and closer.
  14. Apr 24, 2018

Trizy Full Member

I hope they win it. Good for the competition.
  15. Apr 24, 2018

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I hope they win too because Juventus showed me an ugly side of them (they're always ugly tbh but I never cared much for them) in how they reacted for the penatly given for Real Madrid. The competitions are unrelated I know but still the way some experienced players displayed their true nature and delusion, I say "feck them" and honestly Napoli would be a great champion considering the quality of the football they play
  16. Apr 24, 2018

Trizy Full Member

How would you react? Soft penalty given in the last minute of the game after you came back, away from home against the current champions and favorites to win the competition? I'd have lost my shit.
  17. Apr 24, 2018

B20 HALA MADRID!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I like Napoli. They are like the Italian version of Liverpool only less successful.

Would love to see them win the scudetto
  18. Apr 24, 2018

marukomu The Gatekeeper

So they're going to win the league next year?
  19. Apr 24, 2018

DonFerguson Banned

How are they the Italian Liverpool?
    I always think of Milan when I think of Liverpool. They're less successful domestically than Liverpool but have the edge in Europe, while Juventus are undisputed lead-dogs in Italy even though they haven't caught up in European cups.

In terms of playstyle, they're currently very similar to City, but I'm not sure that's what you meant, when making the analogy.

I agree, though. I'd love to see them win it. I think they're more exciting than Juventus currently. The only reason I'm half-pulling for Juventjs that I don't want to see Buffon retire on a low.
  20. Apr 24, 2018

Jacko21 Full Member

Irrelevent for 30 years?
  21. Apr 24, 2018

Vialli_92 Full Member

Supports:
    Juventus
    I'm super envious of their coach, he is an amazing coach and the style of play and results he has been able to deliver in the league this season is quite extraordinary

I wish my team was able to play even half of the football they do, their movement, pressing and quick passing is so good to watch

I think they are celebrating too early if i'm honest, still 4 games to go and they trail by a point so we may still win the league and all their celebrations will be for nothing
  22. Apr 24, 2018

Bwuk Full Member

Really like Sarri as well. Loved him sticking up the middle finger to the Juve fans.
  23. Apr 24, 2018

B20 HALA MADRID!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Historically important, yet unfashionable and downtrodden, city in comparison to the wealthier parts of the country, its dominating working class creating a virtual sub culture of their own and finding a strong identity in its closeness and passion for its local club.
  24. Apr 24, 2018

Pagh Wraith Full Member

Don't like them, solely because of Marek Hamšík. Hope Juve win it.
  25. Apr 24, 2018

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

It was a clearcut pen but besides I can understand the reaction during the game but afterwards ?