Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by AlwaysRedwood, May 12, 2011.

1. May 12, 2011

AlwaysRedwood Banned

I've never paid attention to Scottish Football. I've never watched a match, so I have no idea what the deal is with Neil Lennon. I don't think I've seen him play, or if I have I don't remember.

Obviously, there is quite a bit of religious tension involved but why is he suddenly the magnet for threats and attacks?

He's been sent bombs, and today a bullet, attacked on the sideline, beaten on the street, etc. on and on, it seems.

Sounds like he's a lightening rod and that's not good for Scottish Football.
  2. May 12, 2011

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

3. May 12, 2011

stubie Full Member

I can see Sunday being his final match in charge for Celtic. Would not be surprised if he walked away from Football permanently.
  4. May 12, 2011

Aaron Banned

I think he'll go but he won't quit football outright. He'll just try for a career in England.
  5. May 12, 2011

Rooney24 Full Member

Im not his biggest fan by any stretch, but what is happening to Lennon at the minute is shameful and an absolute disgrace.

Yes, he is a bit aggravating, but he surely doesnt deserve what he is getting based on his religion.

Scottish football needs to have a long look at itself and sort this shit out.
  6. May 12, 2011

Randall Flagg Worst of the best

How dont you know anything about Neil Lennon? He was a good premiership player for Leicester City for about 5 years in the late 90's. Helped them to a couple of league cups too
  7. May 12, 2011

McGrathsipan Full Member

Neil warnock is a twat but doesn't deserve to be attacked does he, football is full of knobends but violence is not acceptable in my mind

Lennon and the hate squad after him is pure and utter sectarianism. They are not football supporters. The only reason he's getting threats and shit is cos he's catholic. You can blame rangers fans but it's scummy bigots doing this not football fans. Bigots tarring the name of rangers. I'm not a rangers fan but rangers have denounced this behaviour which is positive.

Just pure scum inbred bigots doing this , grow up and get a grip it's 2011 for crying out loud!
  8. May 13, 2011

AlwaysRedwood Banned

We didn't have any Prem games televised here in the 90s.
  9. May 13, 2011

Lynott New Member

Neil Lennon has been subject to the sickest abuse and threats ever encountered in football. Nobody under any circumstances should have to endure what he and his family have had to endure.

He should, however, concentrate on being the manager of a football club and chanel his passion into his club and team. He does not need to be addressing opposition fans, players and managers with inciteful actions and words. Seriously, he really does add fuel to the fire.

He and McCoist, between them, will be responsible for the lowest ebb in relations between Celtic and Rangers I'd say.
  10. May 13, 2011

Rooney24 Full Member

Can you elaborate on what he has said that is inciteful as I have heard a lot of people say this now?

While I am broadly aware of what is going on around him and in Scotland I havent read into it yet in any great detail.

I heard a rumour that McCoist said to him "You'll be getting a bullet in the post" which is why he reacted why he did that time on the touchline at the end of the Old Firm a few months back.

Like I say, rumour.
  11. May 13, 2011

FranklyVulgar Full Member

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
    What will it take for scotland to gets it's head out of it's ass.... I hate it, total disgrace. I'm no Lennon fan and would probably be a fan booing him etc but i wouldnt abuse him any more than a bit of panto.

But the reaction of a section of fans here is outrageous.

What will it take? the death of Neil Lennon for people to stop and think about what they're doing? He's a fecking ex footballer player who is now a manager, he's not fecking Gedafi...
  12. May 13, 2011

utdalltheway Sexy Beast

inbreeding; get rid of that, and educate their lower classes and this will all go away.
    until then everybody's stuck with the stupid jocks and their sectarianism.
  13. May 13, 2011

FranklyVulgar Full Member

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
    it's a very small minority. It's the families. They raise their kids into a life of hatred and bitterness. It's a sad state of affair for the poor people of scotland. Few rise above it.
  14. May 13, 2011

utdalltheway Sexy Beast

understood. the situation is so bad it made the radio over here last night. the US (or was it a Canadian station?) were surprised that this stuff is going on. they had no idea of the history in Scotland.
    They had a professor Devine on telling them all about it and the links to high unemployment, etc.
  15. May 13, 2011

Red Hand Devil Plan M ish

"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
    Tbh man, that matters feck all. The fans havent denounced it & i'd bloody guarantee that most Rangers are delighted with the campaign. I've a few Rangers fans mates from Norn Iron (non-sectarian btw) & they have the opinion that Lennon deserves everything he gets, yet they cant exactly tell me why.. "it just is... sure everyone hates him..."
  16. May 13, 2011

Jesus man, thats a tad harsh all round there...
  17. May 13, 2011

Gaz. Well-Liked Assman

I hear he's replacing Worthington as the Northern Ireland Manager :wenger:
  18. May 13, 2011

:lol:
  19. May 13, 2011

utdalltheway Sexy Beast

yes. but it's not far off the mark is it?
  20. May 13, 2011

I wouldnt go generalising man - you should add Norn Iron in there aswell just for full effect..
  21. May 13, 2011

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
    :lol:
  22. May 13, 2011

So Cutch - dya fancy trying to get this thread closed aswell?... ya fecking *?@/&-"%

Only jokin mods.. me & Cutch have arranged for a sectarian fight on the border - full contact bar toe-pokes tho..
  23. May 13, 2011

Hi boy, dont be blamin me, i'll do yer ballix in :)
  24. May 13, 2011

Aye wineeeeeeeed yer buckin neck in dare bay or i'll give ya a buckin clout round the aul bake ya ball bag ya... :lol:
  25. May 13, 2011

Stick Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Take it to the Boyne for full effect.
  26. May 13, 2011

Good thinkin Stick...

Us taigs always wanted a buckin rematch... bring that Raymond Barneveld too & i'll give him a clout round the baaaaaaake aswell for buck saaaaake laaack...
  27. May 13, 2011

Donkey's Ears Full Member

Lennon clearly is more controversial than he needs to be at times. That doesn't justify any of the crap he's getting but it does perhap explain some of it.
  28. May 13, 2011

In all seriousness, despite clearly not being a fan of Neil Lennon, it's not to say i don't respect Celtic football club. I've as many Celtic supporting mates as i have Rangers, and as many mates south of the border as i have north.
  29. May 13, 2011

utdalltheway Sexy Beast

I wasn't generalizing at all, it's limited to the sectarian scum element. most Scots are fine. although that's difficult to know sometimes as it's hard to understand the feckers ;)
  30. May 13, 2011

Stick Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Dont forget Jan Venegoor of Hessellink...........probably claimed a pile of land here! ;)
  31. May 13, 2011

bazalini The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012

Nothing new - Lennon was getting death threats playing for N. Ireland as a Celtic player. He was captain of N. Ireland at the time and walked away. N. Ireland footballers did nothing. Its was a disgrace.
  32. May 13, 2011

I wasnt bein sarcastic man, i meant that. Some amount of my fellow Cuntrymen are same scum we see in Scotland. Hope things are good with ya btw dude. Hopefully we'll have a great start to the day tomorrow
  33. May 13, 2011

McGrathsipan Full Member

It's mad that they hate a man that they don't even know.

He's not that important at the end of the day and if people condone violence and bomb threats just because of a bit of football winding up then they are no better at the end of the day.

It's ridiculous. There's no excuse for it
  34. Nov 1, 2018

Barca84 Full Member

Supports:
    Doesn't support Barca
    Throwing himself to the ground as a manager now. How punchable is he?
  35. Nov 1, 2018

WelshManc Full Member

Utter bellend, the coin hit him on the chest and went down holding his face as if a sniper had him, cnut.
  36. Nov 1, 2018

.Rossi ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

He's a pantomime villain.

He's like The Big Bossman or Triple H
  37. Nov 1, 2018

Pink Moon Full Member

Supports:
    Celtic
    The coin hit him on the face then bounced downwards hence why it looked like it hit his chest. A few inches here or there and it could've blinded him. But aye, he's a bellend for being a bit of a wind up merchant at a football game. Totally deserves for that to have been his second time being physically assaulted in that stadium and to have had bombs and bullets sent to him in the post.

I'd wager that he's spent the full game getting abuse from the fans behind him. As soon as he gives a bit back he deserves to be attacked?

I don't think he should act the way he does on the touchline but how warped do you need to be to blame the victim rather than the thugs simply because you don't like him?
  38. Nov 1, 2018

Barca84 Full Member

Supports:
    Doesn't support Barca
    No one condones chucking coins but if you're goading and inciting fans, as he likes to, you're likely to get an unsavoury response. And yes he was feigning injury.

The man's a massive dickhead. He was on the pitch and he remains one off it.
  39. Nov 1, 2018

Kostur Full Member

So basically he's sent bomb threats and he's decided that the solution to that is winding people up even more?

Yeah, he's not a bellend. He's a fecking idiot.
  40. Nov 1, 2018

Bwuk Full Member

Doesn’t deserve what happens to him by his antics encourage it.

You’d think he’d know better by now.