Nicolas Pepe- Lille

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Inigo Montoya, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jun 8, 2019

Aloysius's Back 3 Full Member

Yes it would - how many seasons has it been now?

The fact is - alot of fans may talk about how average our players are like Martial & Rashford when playing off the left or Centre - but they play in a clearly lopsided attack where all the opposition defence have to do is play a lopsided defence to block them off.

Forget players ability - at Liverpool when Salah is blocked off then Mane gets tonnes of free space and vice versa. Its actually starting to make me feel sorry for 4-5 players that can play at LW because we don't have a single RW to widen or even distract their defenders.
  2. Jun 8, 2019

GledTheRed Full Member

I agree with this.
  3. Jun 8, 2019

BlueHaze Full Member

I've seen plenty of links to Liverpool now and all I can say is it would be criminal of us to let him end up there when they already have the best wingers in the league on each side. With Sancho not coming in imo we must make this a high priority signing. Our right side is so bad I want to puke.
  4. Jun 8, 2019

Kaglish10 Full Member

His stats are inflated by penalties. He scored 11 penalties I think. What I can say he's quite agile, very very agile but technically, he's not the best. He's got good pace but seems to slow down while he's on the ball. He's a cunning player also. I saw him often lift up the ball against opponent's hand and before it even hit him, he's already screaming for a penalty.

For a cheap price, I won't mind but anything above 35 mil, I will pass.
  5. Jun 8, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He also won the vast majority of them. Also as a wide forward his scoring record minus the pens was also very good, also count his assists.
  6. Jun 8, 2019

Rajma Full Member

We should close the shop if we aren’t going hard for this guy and Liverpool gets him.
  7. Jun 8, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Heard that we approached him and he told us to feck off cause of CL?
  8. Jun 8, 2019

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

He somewhat reminds me of Mahrez. Not Sane-esque fast but good close control and left foot.
  9. Jun 8, 2019

Garethw scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Laughable if true. What a cnut. This guy is mid table quality.
  10. Jun 9, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Sure he is :rolleyes:
  11. Jun 9, 2019

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

So he's above our level then.
  12. Jun 9, 2019

Cliche Guevara Full Member

How many times has he played in it?
  13. Jun 9, 2019

CognitiveNeuro New Member

Really don't see how this guy is worth £70m and I can't see Klopp getting him to track back like Mane and Salah and do the defensive work. He is atrocious at tracking back and helping out the team. He loses the ball a lot and is very individualistic.

I don't see Liverpool spending so much on him. I feel Klopp will want to spend on backup fullback positions and backup GK as well which won't make sense spending so much alone on him.
  14. Jun 9, 2019

Sayros Full Member

Does that really matter? If you're going to make the next step in your career, you want to experience the CL right away and not come into a rebuild project.
  15. Jun 9, 2019

meamth Full Member

But doesn't scream consistency at all. Worrying stuff.
  16. Jun 9, 2019

Adnan Full Member

I don't believe Pepe is good enough as a winger in the long term. His dribbling ability isn't good enough and neither is he as pacey as i'd like. Would be a improvement on Lingard but that shouldn't be a criteria for a potential incoming Man United transfer.

If possible we should be trying for Federico Chiesa who is the superior player but looks Juventus bound.
  17. Jun 9, 2019

PaulRich Full Member

All the more reason for him NOT to end up at Liverpool.
  18. Jun 9, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Im not so sure now. The Cancelo rumours are due to them needing to sell, apparently. Chiesa has a 3 year deal at Fiorentina, they’ll want big money for him if he does leave. More like prem kinda money... Get on it Woody!
  19. Jun 9, 2019

Adnan Full Member

Di Marzio reported that Juventus had agreed personal terms with the player and only a transfer fee with Fiorentina was left to sort out.

Chiesa for me is a no brainer and the best RW we could sign not named Sancho. I'd hope we over pay if we could sign him.
  20. Jun 9, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Yeah, I’m just very sceptical they’ll be able to agree a fee they can actually pay. There’s no way Fiorentina sells their best player with some dodgy structured deal. I think Fiorentina have new top brass as well.

I agree, he’s versatile as well and could play the false nine role, lingard player as well. I just wonder if we’re going to put all our eggs in the Sancho basket for next year.
  21. Jun 9, 2019

Adnan Full Member

I'd sign Chiesa this season and Sancho the following season to play either wing tbh.
  22. Jun 9, 2019

Ooge_ New Member

Supports:
    Werder
    Good player, but nothing special. Pretty much same category as Malcolm, Douglas Costa and Shaqiri. No wonder his club is aggressively offering him like it´s sale out.
  23. Jun 12, 2019 at 23:44

AshRK Full Member

I know you can't judge someone from youtube clips but seeing his assists and goals makes.me feel we should be after this lad. He reminds me of young robben(not surprised bayern were after him). I would seriously break the bank for him.