No partnerships on the pitch

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by TheReligion, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Aug 27, 2018

TheReligion Abusive

It's evident throughout the team hence the misplaced passes and people running out of sync.

Defence; we have a massive issue in pairing two CBs. We can't keep them fit or they make howlers individually and lose their confidence.

Attack; we have Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Sanchez primarily as our goal scorers but how we set up changes so much how can they develop any really understanding like Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez or Yorke and Cole?

I think the midfield is fine and the least of our worries but I'm convinced whatever happens we need to pick a first choice CB pair and front three and let them develop and play this out.
  2. Aug 27, 2018

2 man midfield Incestuous Modern Woman (Dumper!)

It's true, and Neville touched on this post match. There's 11 names there, and apart from a couple you could jumble them up and put them anywhere on the pitch. There's nothing rigid about the side, not spine, no partnerships and certainly no best 11. This is on Jose, and something he needs to sort out moving forward.
  3. Aug 27, 2018

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Smalling and Jones have played more than enough times together for them to know what each other does, it's got nothing to do with partnerships it's the fact that neither are particularly good
  4. Aug 27, 2018

donkeyfish Full Member

Not that it says much, but it was better relations today than against Brighton.
  5. Aug 27, 2018

TheReligion Abusive

I'm referring to all over the pitch. The CBs is one aspect but up front we have nothing either. Passes go astray, people miss time runs.. it's all down to partnerships to me.

We need to decide on a consistent CB pair and just play them. We also need to (in my opinion) opt for Lukaku and Sanchez as a two, with Sanchez where Lingard was tonight in behind. Stick to it and build the rest around.

Only way I feel.
  6. Aug 28, 2018

That's just part of football, again got nothing to do with partnerships
  7. Aug 28, 2018

The Real Treble 99 New Member

I would like to see this outfit because nothings working anyway & we might as well go for it now.

DDG

Valencia Baily Rojo Shaw

Lingard Sanchez Martial

Pogba

Lukaku Rashford
  8. Aug 28, 2018

TheReligion Abusive

Disagree totally. That understanding is built up by developing playing partnerships.

Quick example would be Salah, Mane, Firmino. The opposite would be Sane looking off the boil last v Wolves having been dropped with Mahrez.

You need a first XI and you should stick to it as often as possible in my opinion.
  9. Aug 28, 2018

Carolina Red Moderator Staff

Oh...
  10. Aug 28, 2018

LingiBW New Member

Glad you not the manager mate. We all want the team to play attacking football, but this defines suicide.
  11. Aug 28, 2018

donkeyfish Full Member

It does, the frequency of such errors seems much higher with poor relations than with good ones.
  12. Aug 28, 2018

Key word 'seems' you'd have to do some serious digging to see if you could back up perception with facts

To take this one step further in the case of Sanchez and Lukaku for example is it a case that they don't have a partnership/understanding or is it a case that one can't pass to a red shirt and the other can't control a pass?
  13. Aug 28, 2018

Vidyoyo Self-confessed coffee shop chat-up expert

We're severely lacking in constellations.