Our lack of ability to retain possession under pressure.

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by MaxiPaxi, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Feb 1, 2018

MaxiPaxi likes to shove his mum's boiled eggs up his rectum

Find it quite staggering that we're so shockingly bad when teams press us. Surely, we have enough technical quality in our squad to play football under pressure?

We have Matic, he showed us early on in the season that he's a deceptively decent dribbler and has good technique. Herrera, who was brilliant at Bilbao and for Spain U21 - so he does have ability on the ball.
    Valencia, who used to be a really good winger, and I seem to remember him being able to retain the ball quite well.

Then we have Mata, Martial, Lingard, Rashford and Pogba who are all good technical players.

So why do collectively shit ourselves when we're in possession? There is enough quality there to try to beat the press by actually playing football.

I mean if the likes of Swansea under Laudrup, Rodgers, Martinez et al. played some technically excellent stuff with far more limited players than we have - then why the hell can't we?

It's really infuriating.
  2. Feb 1, 2018

R10Football New Member

I may be alone in this, but i sense a lack of unity in the team. From the defenders to the attackers. People are just playing their roles, no fluid movement between the lot. Jose has to take some blame. I would love him bring on new coaches. One that can teach the ways of scoring.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2018