Our last 8 Goals (5 Matches) have been scored by summer signings.

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by 432JuanMata, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Dec 18, 2016

432JuanMata Full Member

Everton 1-1 Ibra
    Zorya 2-0 Miki, Ibra
    Spurs 1-0 Miki
    Palace 2-1 Pogba, Ibra
    West Brom 2-0 Ibra x2

Was reading the thread about how Mourinho needs 2 more windows and I'm in agreement with it. We made 4 summer signings all of which are top players. Mixed in with Mourinho getting Jones,Rojo and Valencia playing well.
    We might be 6th but I am very happy with the direction were going.
    Also the summer was one of our best transfer windows ever.
  2. Dec 18, 2016

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

We started buying from the upper echelon, and they deliver, surprise, surprise.

If you want to compete at the very top and be in the upper bracket then you buy players from that bracket. Of course they have to fit in, but the end product is never greater than the accumulation of all your pieces.

Continue to buy the best or the potentially best and things will be alright, no more Young type of signings instead of a Hazard, no more Fellaini instead of a Saul or Herrera etc.
  3. Dec 18, 2016

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

We were fishing in that pool before, we just didn't get the right fish or they didn't fancy the bait.

Mourinho is one big fat juicy rag worm.
  4. Dec 18, 2016

Trurl Banned

Yeah, they actually outscored the old guard in all, just about. Most importantly, transformed and shot up the team's entertainment value by about x10.
  5. Dec 18, 2016

Schmiznurf Full Member

And to think the one with over half of them was a free, Mou did good work in the window.
  6. Dec 19, 2016

432JuanMata Full Member

I think so he went for top proven players something LVG didn't do
  7. Dec 19, 2016

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

It's all good but other members of the team need to start contributing. I'm looking at players like Martial, Rashford and Rooney in particular.
  8. Dec 19, 2016

VanGaalEra Full Member

Martial and Rashford. If we get them two to develop there game and start delivering goals, we'll be a top side.
  9. Dec 19, 2016

Robertd0803 Full Member

Could do with Martial and Rashford and the midfield remembering how to score as well.
  10. Dec 19, 2016

Trurl Banned

Let's not forget Martial and Rashford, will they bounce back?
  11. Dec 19, 2016

ravi2 Full Member

I believe LVG did sanction bids for muller, bale and neymar.
    He wanted top talent, but his targets were unrealistic and were never going to leave their respective teams.
  12. Dec 19, 2016

AgentP Full Member

This is one of the reasons Jose is more suited to our club. He has a clear plan in the transfer market and he also has the pedigree to attract the top brass players. We might have signed all the other players without Jose but Zlatan in my opinion wouldn't have joined us if it wasn't for him.
  13. Dec 19, 2016

Cheekiey Full Member

I'm actually quite excited to see who we sign next, Our attack is sorted imo unless/until we sign Griezmann
  14. Dec 19, 2016

iluvurmummy Full Member

Supports:
    The return of Comeback Kings
    Another huge part of it is the balance of our midfield. We all knew Herrera needed to play, but never quite got him going in a system that brings out his best qualities. Carrick sitting behind him and Pogz means we'll always bed the fine lady and the foreplay will be good - just need Martial (and Rashford to a lesser extent, he's playing a new role and will consequently learn new aspects of the game albeit needing a bit of time) to deliver for her to leave feeling wow'd. :D

Jose like any other manager will have hit and misses, but this summer in particular was very calculated. We needed a finisher, creativity, pace and steel - and he's delivered on all account. What is becoming more and more clear though is we need a striker of Zlatan's profile if we want the team to continue playing in this particular style. He doesn't necessarily need pace, but strong hold up play, a good pass, skill and obviously finishing is a must.
  15. Dec 19, 2016

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    And they wouldn't want to play for him.

That's a massive difference.
  16. Dec 19, 2016

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    Pogba too.

Can't see him coming here if LVG was still manager.
  17. Dec 19, 2016

sunama Baghdad Bob

We previously bought in some other expensive players. Moyes broke our transfer record. Then LVG broke the British Transfer record.
    LVG spent huge I believe we were the biggest spending team in the World, during LVG's 2 years.
    Di Maria was an absolutely top class player when he played for us. He was in the FIFA World XI. Under LVG he did not deliver and ultimately bailed.
    So your argument that "buy upper echelon and they deliver" is not necessarily true.

The difference under Jose is that all his signings have worked out and Jose is a Galactico class manager, able to go toe to toe with other top managers. Since Fergie left, we have not had this.
  18. Dec 19, 2016

Woeisme Full Member

Di Maria was a top class player going forward. He showed us that at the start. Then the life was strangled out of him by the 'Philosophy'. He was completely unsuited to slow recycling go backwards football. Less suited to sitting on the bench watching the likes of Young, Fellaini, Blind and Lingard all play ahead of him.

I guess thats a big part of why he 'bailed'
  19. Dec 19, 2016

432JuanMata Full Member

But Di Maria didn't want to come here. He wanted to go PSG. The only reason we got him was paying nearly double what he was worth.
  20. Dec 19, 2016

AndyJ1985 Full Member Verified Moaner

That's because our summer signings are our best (outfield) players. We still have too many mediocre players in our squad and I'm sure Mourinho will be looking to replace half a dozen or so in the next couple transfer windows.