Our next 8 fixtures

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Raoul, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Dec 10, 2017

robinamicrowave Wanted to be Bran, ended up being littlefinger

Supports:
    Man City
    Bournemouth - W
    West Brom (a) - D
    Leicester (a) - W
    Burnley - W
    Southampton - W
    Everton (a) - D
    Stoke - W
    Burnley (a) - W
  2. Dec 10, 2017

minoo-utd Full Member

Really good to see some positive opinions in this thread, yes we need to focus on our self and don't wait for city to drop points just us get the job done and they will eventually drop some surely, and and after these 8 fixtures it's going to be 14 games remaining so let's hope the gab can reach 6 points I say, then things are possible for sure. Jose must pick the team up, no time to regret.
  3. Dec 10, 2017

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Some of those away games are tough. Everton under Big Sam will be tough to crack. Leicester are the best team outside the top 6 imo. If Vardy/Marhez aren't nulifyied they'll be problems in that fixture. Burnley is Burnley.

2/3 draws in that run I think, maybe one defeat as xmas period is tough for everyone.
  4. Dec 10, 2017

iKeano Full Member

You genuinely believe we can catch city after that performance today?! Not a chance, they didn’t get out of second gear.
    We’re miles off the pace mate, I think at this rate we could struggle for top 4. Bindippers coming good and Chelsea nipping at our heels, José playing defensive tripe at home, let alone away. We’ll be miles off the pace come May - we’re miles off the pace and it’s December.
  5. Dec 10, 2017

Hed Zitin Banned

Nice run of games for Jose to show some bottle.
  6. Dec 10, 2017

Utd7 Full Member

The problem is City’s next eight matches are quite winnable too. Playing against Spurs is tricky depending on which Tottenham team shows up but considering the form city is in right now, they’re unplayable.
  7. Dec 10, 2017

royboy16 Full Member

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
    Everton is going to be a hard game to win at Goodison now I think.
  8. Dec 10, 2017

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Yes. For that will be the extent of any blip they will have. And I dont expect us to win all our fixtures. Heck even you dont believe we can win all our very winnable next 8 games....
  9. Dec 10, 2017

FrenchRed Full Member

Really, this is over the top.

I’d take a step back and take a deep breath.
  10. Dec 10, 2017

sammsky1 Pochettino's #1 fan

And in the process, desperately need Lukaku to get back into form and advance some of his technical; skills, Ibrahimovic to become properly match fit, and solve the issue with Mhkitariyan (get him back into form or replace with Ozil).

So that we can be absolutely flying for the next round of matches vs top 6 teams.
  11. Dec 10, 2017

ROFLUTION Full Member

They all look winnable. Nice programme to get Zlatan back in. Just win the next two, and Pogba will be the leader during the other easy games.
  12. Dec 10, 2017

sammsky1 Pochettino's #1 fan

Don't believe that is true at all. Squad is very committed and have done very well so far.

We are just not as good as City. Just have to admit that for now.
  13. Dec 10, 2017

Frank Grimes Full Member

United's point total is decent, problem is City have only dropped 2 points all season. League is obviously over but let's win our next 2, get Pogba back and see how many points we can finish on. I would be happy with mid eighties and a cup this season.

I think we could do with a couple of signings in January too.
  14. Dec 10, 2017

Swift Football Banned

The fixtures look like winnable, but you never know like we saw at Huddersfield. On top of that, today's defeat will mentally effect our game. In this congested fixtures, I see at least few points dropped from those 8 fixtures.
  15. Dec 10, 2017

Dave89 Full Member

All we can do is keep winning and put the pressure on city so they have to avoid dropping points. If we'd won today it'd be the same.
  16. Dec 10, 2017

NotoriousISSY $10mil and I fecked it up!

I think we have some players who are going to be affected by today’s result. And it won’t be until we get the lift of Pogba’s return until we get back to it.

We’ll beat Bournemouth unconvincingly. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went away to West Brom and drew.

Lukaku needs to find the back of the net. Matic and Herrera need to stamp their authority on some games. Rashford and Martial need to demand the ball and put people on their arses.

There’s an opportunity at the very least, to create a gap between us and those below. But it’s important to completely ignore City until the reverse fixture now.
  17. Dec 10, 2017

Ss3bba Banned

This defeatist attitude that has permeated every nerve here is quite sickening. City are playing well and we were poor but there are still enough games to catch up. We have 2 games this week if we concentrate on 6 points you never know we could start next week 4 points better off than this week. There are so many games to go show some love to our players and manager.
  18. Dec 10, 2017

Ss3bba Banned

The league isn't over, people are saying City will win all their games while we shall lose to big Sam as if you've forgotten that we don't lose to Big Sam! We shall win that game quite comfortably. Jose will come out fighting after this shitshow
  19. Dec 10, 2017

peridigm Full Member

Well, atleast he's only missing a week's worth of football.
  20. Dec 11, 2017

iKeano Full Member

You think we can catch city the way we’ve been playing? Deep breath has been taken, the outlook is no brighter this morning.

Fair enough, but frustrated that we don’t play until we’re up against it, whether that’s the manager or the players, I don’t know.
    What I do know is that the social media dancing clowns best not show their dabbing faces for a considerable period of time after that humiliation.
    Oh, and the alleged fight in the tunnel... show more fight on the pitch and maybe they could accept being beaten gracefully.

If we’d won yesterday the gap would be 5 points.... not 11. Not the same.
  21. Dec 11, 2017

Chaky_Best Full Member

We'll never win playing like this the 8 coming games.
    Matic and Fellaini are injured leaving only Pogba and Herrera in midfield.
    Our full backs are tired and our striker is poor...
    Win our home game and we'll draw some of the away games.
    Bournemouth --> WIN

West Brom (a) --> WIN

Leicester (a) --> DRAW

Burnley --> WIN

Southampton --> WIN

Everton (a) --> LOOSE

Stoke --> WIN

Burnley (a) --> DRAW
  22. Dec 11, 2017

TMDaines Full Member

Always a classic. We have this thread every year. Last year we got 15/27 points points on offer from the 10 games (after one of the matches was postponed) in our “ded ezy” run.

I’ll go for 16/24 here. Sweep at home. A win, a draw and two defeats away. Everton, Burnley and Leicester will all be right up for it and I’m not convinced by us controlling the game away from home at all. That is our weakness still.
  23. Dec 11, 2017

minoo-utd Full Member

It will depend on how we pick our selves up after the city game, if we win 2 in a row we will look good, and hopefully City draw a game or two during these games it will help.
  24. Dec 11, 2017

Bestietom Full Member

Concentrate on each game.
  25. Dec 11, 2017

GM K Full Member

That loss to City hurt but let's chin up guys. Looking at the overall picture, we are making progress. City is just in flying form and we just have to live with that.
  26. Dec 11, 2017

Green_Red Full Member

Anything can happen in football. Not a bad run of fixtures, hopefully put a gap between us and the chasing pack too would be good.
  27. Dec 11, 2017

diarm Full Member

We take 24 points from those 8 and beat City at the Emptihad later in the year and we'll be within striking distance come May. City will have a wobble.
  28. Dec 13, 2017

Marcky411 Full Member

Looking at the table is just depressing, we must take one game at a time and lets hope we can come out of these games unscathed and with maximum points. Sometimes it's the easier fixture where complacency creeps in and trips you up, e.g. Stoke and Huddersfield.
  29. Dec 13, 2017

The Outsider Banned

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Potential banana skins are Burnley and Leicester, both capable of upsets on their day.
  30. Dec 13, 2017

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Leicester away atm is probably one of the toughest fixtures in the league, Vardy-Mahrez playing at 15/16 level again. Pogba will be back though.

WBA got 0-0 at Liverpool tonight and you know what they're like if you don't score an early goal against them.

I'd be surprised if Man. United got 6 points out of the next two given how they played tonight but may be balanced out by Man. City finally dropping points against Spurs.
  31. Dec 13, 2017

esmufc07 Elvis has theft the building Scout

You wonder if their attentions could switch to the CL when that resumes. Probably living in false hope at the minute, but 11 points isn't insurmountable and I don't think the league is over yet.

Get it back down to 9 by the new year, and chip away at it.
  32. Dec 13, 2017

Bojan11 Full Member

I don’t see us winning all those games.

Leicester are in good form under Puel. Everton are improving and hopefully Lukaku keeps his head in check for that game because he is going to get so much abuse.
  33. Dec 13, 2017

BenjaminP Banned

I really do see us winning all 8 fixtures.
  34. Dec 13, 2017

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Will get good odds I reckon.

United away at Leicester and Everton at least will probably be close to evens. Maybe Burnley aswell.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  35. Dec 13, 2017

minoo-utd Full Member

Next to Westbrom is very tough but hopefully Spurs get something from City game before us play then it will be huge, otherwise I'm not feeling ok with this fixture we need to start really well get a goal and play better much better than our game against Bournemouth.
  36. Dec 13, 2017

Guy Incognito Full Member

Burnley (a) and Everton (a) strike me as the banana skins.
  37. Dec 14, 2017

Son Of Sam Full Member

If Pogba comes back, we win all those games easily. None of them is as tough as going to Watford & Arsenal.
  38. Dec 14, 2017

RedFish Full Member

We can win them all, need to show some balls and get the job done.
  39. Dec 14, 2017

TheRedHearted New Member

Not even half of the season has been played. Come the transfer window, if we pick up pace on the wings and fullbacks we could win the title. All it takes is De Bruyne or Silva to be injured and City could wobble. If we had played 27-30 games and the gap was 11, there would be a lot more to be worried about. We are incomplete and we are second, City are complete if you ask me and are 11 points ahead. We have to stay in the fight, for more than one reason. And we have to hope our New Year presents are plentiful. Woodward and co will go for the kill.
  40. Dec 14, 2017

DaRussianRed New Member

Supports:
    Mourinho
    I think that the closer we make this chase, the more hungry the players will get to win the title. Even if we don't win, if we show some grit then it will have a tremendous impact on next season. Just imagine the siege mentality Jose would create.

Giving City a run for their money has a special zing to it as well.