1. We are delighted to have been nominated for Best Forum in The Football Blogging Awards. You can vote for us on their website here and via twitter here. You can read the caf thread here. Thanks to anyone who votes for us.
    Dismiss Notice
Paul Pogba image France flag

Paul Pogba 2018-19 Performances

Jump to: Barcelona 3:0 Man Utd

View full 2018-19 profile

6.1 Average rating
42 Appearances
16 Goals
14 Assists
6 Yellow cards
1 Red card
  1. Apr 14, 2019

Swiss_Red89 New Member

Brilliant yesterday. We need him to perform like that on Tuesday if we want to stand a chance.
  2. Apr 14, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

Yes he does have the ability and still there is only so much one player can do surrounded by average and under performing players.

Well you don't seem to grasp the fact we've a poor side in your judgement of Pogba. To judge his role in the side you need to look at mitigating factors as well like lack of movement from our forward line. It's no coincidence his best run of form coincided with Rashford playing consistently up front, you know the guy who gives us the most movement? That makes runs in behind the back line?

Since his injury and others Pogba's role in the side has changed and our performances have also dropped of...

What a shocker.
  3. Apr 14, 2019

laughtersassassin Full Member

And I would bet a lot of those penalties were one from through balls and passes he has played no? Also I remember him winning one or two so.....
  4. Apr 14, 2019

That's a team problem. depending on one player no matter who he is, is a shite idea and unbelievably unfair on said player. Because they also get the blame then for every loss.
  5. Apr 14, 2019

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

Well yes, it is. Ole needs to find a way to get the best out of his other players. Something he has failed to do so far.
  6. Apr 14, 2019

DRM New Member

Supports:
    SteveJ
    Holy feck balls, didnt realise he's scored 16 goals :eek:
  7. Apr 14, 2019

Raw Full Member

Well like half of them were penalties, but it's still impressive nonetheless. Had a mad goal scoring + assisting run in the early Ole days but he's died down in that aspect. I think this is his highest goal scoring season ever?
  8. Apr 14, 2019

dirkey Full Member

Neither was i when I did it.
  9. Apr 14, 2019

BrianMcClair'sBarnet Full Member

Good against Barca and one of a tiny few who performed well yesterday.
    Good to see his form slowly coming back because we're in desperate need of it.
  10. Apr 14, 2019

BrianMcClair'sBarnet Full Member

Imagine if he gets 20 :drool:
  11. Apr 14, 2019

TsuWave Full Member

here you go being shameless again. your posts were using random reviews and a bunch of looney opinions in this thread as corroboration for them.
  12. Apr 14, 2019

dirkey Full Member

Nope. I stated that from watching the game, he didn't have a good game. Number of us did. We were told we were haters with low football iq. I simply pointed out that numerous reviews of the game thought likewise. I guess those journos are all simply haters too.

But great to see irony completely lost on you. Shameless and clueless.
  13. Apr 14, 2019

abdo99 Full Member

Yes pens weren't being counted for Lampard or when Kane scored nothing but pens in the World Cup. He should've got the hatrick of pens just for the banter.
  14. Apr 14, 2019

2 man midfield Incestuous Modern Woman (Dumper!)

Our top scorer? He has one more than Lukaku.
  15. Apr 14, 2019

While I agree slightly it is more a problem that our team is absymal. So Ole needs to get rid of most and build a real team.
  16. Apr 14, 2019

TsuWave Full Member

See, corroboration. One of your very first engagements with me was “did you read match reviews?” then you tried to substantiate it with a bunch of low football IQ (using your words) and agenda driven opinions here. No shame.
  17. Apr 14, 2019

dirkey Full Member

You mean , where I'm pointing out that this place isn't nuts, by pointing out that this place isn't the only place you see the same comments on his performance??

Agenda driven opinions? My god, you really are an idiot.
  18. Apr 14, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

Even Scholes saying he has reverted back to Mourinho Pogba in the last few games.
  19. Apr 14, 2019

Stacks Full Member

Certainly impressive numbers but POTY needs more consistency and not so many ineffectual games, especially in a row. I would very much him to get to 20 goals
  20. Apr 14, 2019

TsuWave Full Member

You think redcafe as a trademark and exclusivity deal on nutters?

yes, agenda driven posts as the narrative they push do not reflect reality. for example, people in this thread said Pogba was nonexistent defensively vs West Ham, but the reality is that he outworked everybody else in midfield and had the most defensive contributions. Against Barca the erroneous notion was that he had a bad game, he didn't.

shameless, i say.
  21. Apr 14, 2019

dirkey Full Member

He did have a bad game. I saw it. Numerous people here saw it. Numerous unbiased journalists also saw it. It's you who has agenda.
  22. Apr 14, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    I think Pogba showed some promise of regaining his form against West Ham. Hopefully his two great penalties gives him a confidence boost ahead of the away game in Barcelona. We need him to either be really effective and contribute with goals or assist, or he needs to be a lot more disciplined and committed in his pressing than in the home game, he needs to follow the rhythm of the team.
  23. Apr 14, 2019

dirkey Full Member

His second penalty in particular was incredible. Saw someone call it perfect, it basically was.
  24. Apr 14, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    Yeah, showed us some cool there. Very important to not feck around with those.
  25. Apr 14, 2019

dirkey Full Member

Yeah, I didn't love his first penalty. But it went in, that's what matters. But second was just incredible. Ballsy too.

We need a big performance from him in Barcelona now, only hope of going through in my opinion. He's the key. It's a big ask though, to be honest, coming 4th is the main thing at this point.
  26. Apr 14, 2019

El Jefe Full Member

My main issue with Pogba is how unnatural his defensive instincts are. Honestly speaking he's poor off the ball and no matter how good he is on the ball, it always presents problems for us off the ball. No one is asking him to be Kante but there's a certain level of off the ball work you expect from a PL central midfielder and Pogba IMO consistently falls below that level. Unlike others I'm not accusing him of being lazy, I just think he's very poor at it.

The likes of the D.Silva, B.Silva, KDB, Eriksen, Ramsey and many more can do the basics defensively very well. When watching Pogba, you can see so many flaws and schoolboy errors in his off the ball play. It's no surprise that Jose ended up having issues with him.

Mctominay in his first few games for the club showed more maturity and concentration than Pogba off the ball despite Pogba already playing up to 250 professional matches.
  27. Apr 14, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    Well. It depends. The main reason we won against PSG was that we had an incredible team effort and passion, and we played probably our most disciplined match in years, I doubt we would have managed that with Pogba in there sadly. He is pure quality but on his own terms completely. A team performance is what we need and that is not necessarily a right fit for his terms to perform so he'll be redundant.

If he plays he just has to fit in with our team or else he becomes a passenger and we'll then just rely on him to be contributing goals and assists against the tide, which may be very difficult for him. It is unfair on him too, so I think the best choice might be the wrong choice and start the game without Pogba on the field.
  28. Apr 14, 2019

dirkey Full Member

I get where you're coming from. I agree that we probably wouldn't have won in PSG with him in the team. It required exactly that performance, sit back, catch them when they make mistakes. Not sure he could have been involved in that.

However, I don't think you can leave him out of the team. He is the best outfield player. The reason I say we need him to play well is ... if he's in the team, the only chance we have of winning is with his flashes of genius. Because it won't be the ultra strategic type of victory we were able to pull off in Paris.
  29. Apr 14, 2019

Janson Full Member

Yeah, I agree.
  30. Apr 14, 2019

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    So 2 goals from open play all season? Should be more really. Can’t knock his assists total, though. And none of them are from set pieces (we never fecking get assists from set pieces)
  31. Apr 14, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Only 2, are you sure? i don't think thats right
  32. Apr 14, 2019

:lol: Muppet.
  33. Apr 14, 2019

Actually, yeah. 4 from open play. 8 from penalties. With his ability you’d be hoping for Paul Scholes type numbers but Scholes never had to play in such a dysfunctional team.
  34. Apr 14, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

Wow, took you all those hours to come back with that.

I'm delighted you did cause it proves to me you haven't a clue and also you know you're wrong.
  35. Apr 14, 2019

It took me all of 5 seconds to come back with that. Seriously, though, what an arrogant prat. Telling other people what they do and don’t know about football because they have a different opinion to you about a player’s performance. Have a word with yourself :rolleyes:
  36. Apr 14, 2019

Keefy18 Full Member

It's not arrogant, I'm judging your opinion based on what you posted. You showed yourself as not being knowledgeable in regards to transitions in defence to attack.
  37. Apr 14, 2019

Dve New Member

Not bad on the ball, but also slow on the ball. He slows down United´s attack by being such a ball fiddler. In his first matches under Ole he made quick offensive passes when he received the ball in the middle. Now he´s back to being Mourinho Pogba and that´s the one thing he needs to change.

I think he´ll shine against Barcelona.
  38. Apr 14, 2019

FootyGirl88

Even Scholes doesn't think we should let him go and said he's one of our best players.
  39. Apr 14, 2019

11101 Full Member

He has. Considering the overall performance of those around him, he is night and day to what he was last time the whole team was this bad. He is working much harder and playing much more sensibly than he was in Mourinho's last few months.

Letting him go without a fight would be more indicative of our problems as a club than any renewed contract we've done. He's our best player and we should building the team around him.
  40. Apr 14, 2019

redDNA New Member

Played well against West ham ;was my second MOTM after Fred.

I noticed something against west ham.Whenever Pogba looks up to pick a forward pass, there was lack of movement from the forward players which makes him to hold onto the ball longer than necessary or play a backward pass.This changed a bit when Rashford came on.

Only God knows how much impact and assists Pogba would have had if we had good forward players that have a lot of movement.

This may not be a popular opinion, but apart from the RB and CB positions.The forward positions are much more a priority for us to sign players than the midfield.

I have always questioned his commitment, but i wont blame him if he leaves next summer, if we fail to improve.Anybody who has played football at any level knows that football is much more fun when you have some teammates who can play football.

If you remove Pogba, Rashford and Shaw.Wolves have a better outfield line up than we do.