Paul Pogba

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by dhstriker, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Mar 14, 2012

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

The most obvious course for Pogba and his agent to take is to say they are still thinking about their options. Keeping both United, and future purchasers sweet. Play the waiting game whilst the contract is running out.
  2. Mar 14, 2012

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    I'm sure that's what they've been saying all along. Be stupid to say anything different.

It wouldn't explain the brief spell when he was "frozen out", mind you. Of course he probably just had an injury.
  3. Mar 14, 2012

ArmchairCritic You got pets me too mines are dead

I didn't watch the WBA reserve game but was there any mention of an injury by MUTV? What I find interesting in all this is the disparity in reports between British and Italian press, I have a feeling Raiola might be feeding the Italian side.
  4. Mar 14, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    There was no mention of an injury. Most journalists said he was still in training at the time. As I said in my last post, we could just be trying different approaches to make him sign. Trying to freeze him out didn't work, so time for a new plan.
  5. Mar 14, 2012

Maybe, we'll find out soon enough whether he wants to stay anyway.
  6. Mar 14, 2012

Solius Has a massive ginger bush

Pogba Mahone
  7. Mar 14, 2012

The Wizard Full Member

I very much doubt this, becasue in the reserve games he missed, Paddy and Steve kept completely quiet on Pogba, they avoided the subject totally... he is probably our best reserver team player and you'd have expected at least some comment on him being injured if he was. Clearly a sign they were told by the powers that be not to mention him.

I would perhaps speculate that he had some kind of row with Fergie, demanding first team ball and was put in his place for a whil? Or on the more positive side was told not to come near the club again until he signed a contract... and he did.

The bottom line is no one knows what's happening for sure until Fergie and Gill say he signed or he's off.
  8. Mar 14, 2012

lynchie Full Member

They may have agreed a deal in principle and just be waiting for the solicitors to write up a contract. It's not like there's any reason to rush it through, and it's sensibly cautious to not make an announcement till the actual piece of paper is signed.
  9. Mar 14, 2012

pocco loco

I'm not sure if that twitter account is actually Mino Raiola's, but 'he' said that it will be sorted in the summer not long back. I hope that isn't the case as I think there'll be one outcome.
  10. Mar 14, 2012

Didn't that account also say he was Juve bound at one point?
  11. Mar 14, 2012

Actually that does sound plausible.
  12. Mar 14, 2012

pocco loco

I'm not sure. If it is him, he seems very 50:50 about what will happen. Some of the things he says are a bit odd and contradict other things he has said, but I just put that down to his bad use of English.
  13. Mar 14, 2012

His most recent comment on the situation was:

Since then he's just posted different variations of "no comment". Most recently 4 days ago when he said

14. Mar 14, 2012

Not sure about that account, doesn't seem legit. We'll see anyway.
  15. Mar 14, 2012

lynchie Full Member

Shit, sorry. I mean... we're probably playing him so that he trips over a divot and knackers his knee. Then he'll be useless to Juve forever.
  16. Mar 14, 2012

Skywarden Full Member

I think this is what is happening now.
  17. Mar 14, 2012

Stretch Full Member

I'm really hoping this is the case
  18. Mar 14, 2012

jakec nightclub John Terry

David Grays birthday should be a holiday.
    I reckon lynchie Is spit on here, I don't think SAF would play him if he was leaving, especially at his age and attribute levels.
  19. Mar 15, 2012

moses control

If anyone is spit on I'm closing this thread, that's gross.
  20. Mar 15, 2012

sajeev Full Member

:lol::lol::lol:

yeah close the thread
  21. Mar 15, 2012

Garethw Full Member

I'll spit on Poggie if he doesnt sign that fecking contract extension.
  22. Mar 15, 2012

Kelvin Banned

Juventus director Beppe Marotta insists the club will not give up in their pursuit of Manchester United starlet Paul Pogba.

The midfielder looked destined to sign for the Turin giants in the summer as reports claimed he had agreed to move there.

But since then, it has been suggested Pogba has decided to remain at Old Trafford and sign a new deal at the club.

His existing contract expires in the summer and, having recently come on as a substitute in United's 2-0 win over West Brom, some sections of the home support booed the 18-year-old.

Pogba's future remains in doubt, however, and Marotta says he will do all he can to get the Frenchman to move to Turin.

Marotta told Tuttosport: "I am optimistic regarding Pogba.

"I know that Manchester United are trying everything to keep him there but he has a bright future if he finally comes to Turin."

oh feck off he has a bright future too if he chose to stay with us.
  23. Mar 15, 2012

Ringo 07 Full Member

The fact that he hasn't signed yet is headwrecking. You would hope he gets some minutes against Bilbao and decides to just sign but if he had made his mind up to sign for us then he would have signed by now. You wonder if himself and his agent are hidign something from Fergie so that he doesnt have to train on his own for the last months of his contract with us!
    His agent being a sneaky Italian means that he would probably prefer to see his client sign for an Italian club.
  24. Mar 15, 2012

Shimo Full Member

Nah - his agent isn't one to care about players going to Italy. He said himself that about Mario Ballotelli couldn't go back to Italy because they couldn't afford him.

Raiola seems to be the type to look for the best pay day both for him and his client.
  25. Mar 15, 2012

The Neviller Banned

I'd be very surprised if Fergie bothered giving him minutes in any game if he had no indication that Pogba would sign a deal. I'd also be very surprised if Pogba and his agent were able to trick Fergie into thinking he was going to sign just so he isn't left out in the wilderness at United. Surely Fergie has seen too much to be fooled by a play like that.
  26. Mar 15, 2012

pocco loco

It's becoming more obvious that we're still no closer to getting him to sign. Thus is going to drag on till the summer.
  27. Mar 15, 2012

How'd you figure that?

The fact he was promoted back into the squad is a fairly big hint that there's been progress behind the scenes.

What's got "more obvious" since then?
  28. Mar 15, 2012

Maciek Arrogant prick who is best ignored

Pogba suddenly disappears and is not with the squad - we're still no closer to getting him to sign.

Pogba is with the squad, comes on the pitch in the league for 18 minutes - we're still no closer to getting him to sign.

Only on the Caf, Pogue.
  29. Mar 15, 2012

Shimo Full Member

BTW - Today is his Birthday apparently ... 19 years old and still hasn't cemented his place in the first team? Good if he is off 8D
  30. Mar 15, 2012

Laidback Levo Reclining

Not going to bother with any other threads after this performance but wanted to post in here.

Has looked so far our best player which is saying something considering he's 19 and has only had a handful of 1st team action. Looks the only one comfortable on the ball and actually seems to be a lot more involved.

Hope he stays because he looks a special talent.
  31. Mar 15, 2012

kouroux Full Member

If he's given playing time then surely he's signed or about to sign a contract no ?
  32. Mar 15, 2012

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Probably announce his signing after todays dire team performance. Dampen the blow of the loss.
  33. Mar 15, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

I think he looks good. Big and strong. Should certainly try and keep him.
  34. Mar 15, 2012

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    i want him to stay
  35. Mar 15, 2012

pocco loco

Since we apparently signed him last week, nothing has materialised at all. Fergie also said he's still making his mind up. Any that think he is closer to signing at this moment in time have zero proof and are reading into things.

Anyway, I hope he is going to sign. He looked decent tonight, all things considered.
  36. Mar 15, 2012

giggs-beckham Clueless

I thought he looked special tonight, that was him stepping up to the first team proper. SAF has to seriously consider him for the first team now. So that's a positive.
  37. Mar 15, 2012

steeeb Full Member

A good stint today. I hope he stays and can step it up a gear in the next couple of years and become a world beater. You can see hints of potential.
  38. Mar 15, 2012

Shimo Full Member

Goodness hope people don't get carried away with him, we've already done it with Cleverley and now after one poor game those views are being questioned.

Hope he signs on soon so we can just put it to bed but, hope we aren't pinning our hopes on him if we do.
  39. Mar 15, 2012

Aporkalypse Full Member

Looked lively, had some decent touches.

The booking he got was ridiculous.
  40. Mar 15, 2012

RyanGoggs Insists on dating women in public places - for the

Unfortunately missed the game but glad he came out with some credit. Getting more and more convinced he will sign now. Morrison must be kicking himself