Paul Pogba

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by dhstriker, Dec 6, 2009.

1. May 6, 2012

Escobar Poster originally known as Michel04

Au revoir
  2. May 6, 2012

davisjw Full Member

In some cases, like Pogba, in a way it's karma. We out paid his original club to bring him and now someone is doing it to us. We've done that for years and have gotten into a wee bit of trouble at times for it.

Kids who we can buy at 16 from their parent club are always going to go to the next bidder when the time comes.
  3. May 6, 2012

Cantona07 Full Member

Most Games are played with ONE Ball but the REAL g
    What goes around comes around:nervous:
  4. May 6, 2012

Will Absolute Full Member

There's no guarantee he'll live up to expectations anyway. There's always been a little bit of Anderson about him for me.
  5. May 6, 2012

Striker10 "Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

c'mon...thats just absurd. Andersons not even like Anderson let alone Pogba. Nothings 'final' though, the press can swivel until it's legit.
  6. May 6, 2012

Drifter American

Could have been our Ya ya.Oh well.
  7. May 6, 2012

Will Absolute Full Member

I'd make a devastating reply to that, if only I understood it :confused:
  8. May 7, 2012

Ekeke Full Member

Exactly why its so dissappointing. There arent many players of that kind and at least offensively, Pogba has similar tools in his game. It would obviously be a long term project but much better than not having that kind of player in the squad and most likely needing to pay £30 million for a player of that type should one pop up around europe.

But if he doesnt want to stay what can you do?
  9. May 7, 2012

Stretch Full Member

Wait, Pogba's left?
  10. May 7, 2012

GCHQ Glazer Crevice Headquarters

Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
    I can't say I'm particularly bothered. He's miles away in his development from playing regular first team football at the top level and we have enough projects as it is (Cleverley, Anderson).
  11. May 7, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Am I missing something here? Is this just a quoteless Daily Mail article?
  12. May 7, 2012

We were kind of forced into that tactic though due to Howard fecking Wilkinson and his 90 minute rule. If ever one man summed up the failure of English football over nearly half a century then it's him. fecking dinosaur.
  13. May 7, 2012

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

If we thought the same about every 19 year not being ready we might as well close the academy. No one is saying he's ready, but the potential is very obvious.

Has there been a significant clamp down on the type of contracts for kids at United these days?
  14. May 9, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

15. May 9, 2012

bosnian_red Full Member

That site is completely bollocks, they always just give random news that isn't remotely true. I'm pretty sure they came out with he's staying a few weeks back.
    Either way, it is looking increasingly unlikely that he will stay. I'd love him to, but I just think that he will end up going.
  16. May 9, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

He's striking me as a Rossi type - thinking very highly of himself and in a rush to immediately find first team action elsewhere. Probably also being too coddled by hangers on and vultures (i.e. agent/advisors/family/friends).
  17. May 9, 2012

Ringo 07 Full Member

Strikes me more of an Anelka type. Looking to get that massive contract at a massive club as quickly as possible without putting career first. Juventus wont be a bad move for him at all but he has screwed over 2 clubs already and he is still an unproven kid so good riddance. Obviously that fat muppet Raiola gave him the 'Your one of the family' Italian treatment to get him to sign for Juve as he laughs all the way to the bank at his clients expense.
  18. May 9, 2012

Baxter Full Member

Bit harsh on Rossi. I've always liked him and I didn't think he screwed us over. He had a bad loan at Newcastle and was going to struggle to get first team games. He moved on and it has worked out well for him and I'm sure he still thinks of us highly. Pogba has taken the piss from everyone at the club, assuming this is true, and is being poorly advised I think.
  19. May 9, 2012

bosnian_red Full Member

Did we not offer him the same wages as June did? And did raiola not accept our offer? I understand people will be disappointed if he does leave, but this is about more than money I think. He might just generally like the serie a more, or he thinks he would have a more promising future there.
  20. May 9, 2012

gooDevil Worst scout ever

I think that's the story, but who knows. With United being so much better than Juve over the least few years, makes sense a young player would fancy their chances to break into their team before ours.
  21. May 9, 2012

Amir Full Member

Except Juve have just won the Italian title, have some very good midfielders and the big italian teams don't tend to fast track youngsters... A loan is more likely for him before he really does anything in the first team.
  22. May 9, 2012

That's the problem with signing 16 and 17 year old foreign youngsters. They don't really have any attachment to the club and most frankly only joined because we were able to offer them a better salary than their previous clubs. Homegrown youngsters like Welbeck and Cleverley however have been at the club for many years and are much more likely to show patience and wait for their chance.

I don't actually like the policy of clubs bringing in under 18s from abroad but we were pretty much forced into it by Howard fecking Wilkinson and his 90 minute rule.
  23. May 9, 2012

Hal9000 Full Member

Has he left yet?
  24. May 9, 2012

Amir Full Member

Thing is, a few years down the line you look at it and wonder what it has given us. We've brought in some good talent - Rossi, Pique, Zieler, Pogba. Doesn't look like we'll enjoy any of that.
  25. May 9, 2012

elmo Can never have too many Eevees

Rossi left because he expected to be part of the first team selection for us, but we wounded up getting Tevez on loan, he isn't going to get many games with Rooney, Ronaldo, Saha and Tevez all ahead of him. Not forgetting to mention Solskjaer who retired a few days after Rossi had moved on.
  26. May 9, 2012

::sonny:: Full Member

Strange decision, probably he knows that is not good enough for United and money is his god.
  27. May 9, 2012

Its obvious that the local boys have a different relationship to United than those from abroad. Nevertheless, football is a global game and we need to get the best young talents to the club from all over the world (combined with locals and british lads). However, we might have to change the set up in a way or the other as the output has not been great yet
  28. May 9, 2012

Striker10 "Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

You didn't understand my reply so i'll make it simple. Sir Alex thinks he would for a start. The 'there's always been a bit of Anderson about him' is absurd. What does that exactly mean? He isn't a party nut, he's not been involved in a car crash, he has no weight issues etc....
  29. May 9, 2012

Rednails Full Member

DT reporting today that his agent has written to Gill saying his client wants to go to Italy.
  30. May 9, 2012

ArmchairCritic You got pets me too mines are dead

fecking hell can't he be a man and tell him to his face. It's times like this I wish Roy Keane was still in the dressing room to sort out these prima donnas. Man the feck up Pogba.
  31. May 9, 2012

Carl has permanently erect nipples

What a fecking saga this is. I honestly couldn't care less if he stays or goes I just want this resolved one way or the other.
  32. May 9, 2012

Rednails Full Member

He has made fools of Fergie and the players. Did anyone else notice that in the warm up before matches, players like Rooney and Ferdinand went out of their way to high-five Pogba at every opportunity? I thought at the time that they were doing their best to encourage him whilst he was supposedly making up his mind. But I just knew he was going to go.
  33. May 9, 2012

feck it. Losing Pogba and Morrison this year is a blow but their attitudes stink. If this is what the next generation is like I don't like it one bit.
  34. May 9, 2012

If you read through this saga, you'd think we talk about a CL, World Cup winner on 120k a week. Ridiculous
  35. May 9, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    If Pogbas attitude is so bad and yet Fergie is still keen to keep him then maybe we should be worried. I've got a feeling it could be another summer with no new CM brought in.
  36. May 9, 2012

Or maybe he's a talented young player who if we kept would save us a few million.
  37. May 9, 2012

Crustanoid Full Member

Wish he'd piss off now tbh. This is a proper football club, not a cash cow for mercenaries who expect their egos to be pampered before they've even proved themselves
  38. May 9, 2012

The Taurean looks like a chipmunk

Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
    Tbh I felt betrayed the player in question was involved in a transfer issue at such a young age. Its not the first time for him but you are looking at moving from a club known to groom youngsters. Right now, I am not that bothered if he does move. Its apparent he is not going to get the first team nod regularly ahead of others in the upcoming season, and I had thought a loan move would be fitting to ease him into regular first team football. Looks less likely all around.

edit: the questions about attitude are premature unless there are known issues. we haven't heard anything from him to say about it except lament that he is looking to move elsewhere.
  39. May 9, 2012

Pexbo Takes body parts and sells them on Amazon.

Or maybe his attitude is immaculate and Fergie sees him as a model professional who quite rightly is taking the time Ferguson himself has given him to really think about what is the biggest decision he will ever make in his life.

Nah, he's obviously a cnut messing the club around.
  40. May 9, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Bingo.