1. We've added a new Women's Team sub-forum to discuss all things related to the new United Women's Team.

Also, the FCUoM forum has been closed due to inactivity, with its threads moved to the Football Forum. To discuss FCUoM and Salford City moving forward, please use this sticky thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Philip Billing

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by van der star, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Feb 18, 2018

van der star newprawn warrior

Danish U-21 player who joined Huddersfield on a youth contract in 2013. He's got a good long range hit on him, as evident from the first two goals he scored for the terriers. He was very good in midfield for them against us yesterday. Dare I say he even controlled their game better than our midfielders did, as we were on the back foot most of the time. Good tackling, good interceptions, good distribution of play, physically imposing. Too raw for any of the big clubs right now but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a better version of Fellaini(in terms of physicality and aerial prowess) in a few years, even though Billing plays deeper than the Belgian.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. Feb 18, 2018

E-mal New Member

He is a better footballer than Fellaini, more mobile also. Took notice of him and I was impressed.
  3. Feb 18, 2018

Fiskey Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked

Good player, don't think the had a better game than McTominay though.
  4. Feb 18, 2018

Buchan has whacked the hammer to Roswell

First noticed him v City at the Etihad a couple of years ago in a cup fixture. Thought he acquitted himself quite well that night but he hasn't really pushed on since then. He's been in and out of the Huddersfield team a lot recently.
  5. Feb 18, 2018

E-mal New Member

A far better game, McTominay was poor I thought. His decision making and execution was extremely lacking although he is young.
  6. Feb 18, 2018

van der star newprawn warrior

McTominay has been good but unremarkable, mostly. His passing is very safe and his overall play is nowhere near adventurous enough, specially for a team of United's stature. Billing showed that extra willingness to drive forward and get his teammates more involved yesterday. Having said that, it's probably too early to say with certainty how these two will turn out.
  7. Feb 18, 2018

CallyRed Full Member

He certainly hasn't lived up to the billing
  8. Feb 18, 2018

Ish Lights on for Luke

Looked decent though I’d day he has a fair bit to prove still before being labeled as a better footballer than Fellaini.

And I’m not even a massive Fellaini fan.
  9. Feb 18, 2018

Ish Lights on for Luke

:lol:
  10. Feb 18, 2018

E-mal New Member

Am not saying he is better, am talking about touch, passing and mobility.
    Generally fellaini has more facets to his game than this kid at this point in their career.
  11. Feb 18, 2018

DdeGoat Banned

Don't think he would live up to the Billing at a top club.
  12. Feb 18, 2018

The Bloody-Nine Full Member

'He is a better footballer than Fellaini'
  13. Feb 18, 2018

James Peril Full Member

He is the guy with the utterly ridiculous haircut right? Hard pass.
  14. Feb 18, 2018

haram Full Member

We sat off and Huddersfield were instructed to press hard. I dont see anything special.
  15. Feb 18, 2018

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Quite promising, first noticed him a couple of years ago like one of the posters above. Not sure he will be top class but should have a good career.
  16. Feb 18, 2018

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

When we played a mobile midfield he got taken off after 30 minutes, last night he had the license to do whatever he wanted so he's bound to look ok. Don't think he's anything special, will probably have a half decent career.
  17. Feb 18, 2018

Yagami Full Member

Impressive player. Alongside Lewis Cook, I think he'd be worth a punt on.
    Every player has off games. Last season - away at City - he was exceptional which is where I think most started taking note of him.
    Not just his willingness to drive the ball forward but his calmness when being pressed. Only Pogba and Matic are decent at this for us and even then neither are consistent at it (though Matic more-so than Pogba). We could do with more CMs like this.
  18. Feb 18, 2018

Ish Lights on for Luke

Yeah, I’d agree with that. Though I’d say the same about a lot of midfielders as I don’t particularly rate those characteristics of Fellaini.
  19. Feb 18, 2018

Ramshock The spacegoats did it

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    :lol: of course he is
  20. Feb 18, 2018

Utdstar01 Full Member

Thought he did quite well yesterday although his shooting was a bit shite. He was a horrible bastard the other week when we beat them though, could've got sent off with his persistent fouling then got subbed.
  21. Feb 18, 2018

Henry Gaervell New Member

I saw him last season in the championship and was impressed. Seems yo have a bit of potential and could be a ball winning/ destyoer midfielder, but with good technical ability.

Given our shortage of midfielders come the summer, I'd take him as a rotation option if the price was right. I think we need more established midfielders at the moment though.