Philippe Coutinho Barcelona Player

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Damien, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Jan 11, 2019

sunama Baghdad Bob

6 new players and that team wins the league?
    Could that really happen? Perhaps in an alternate dimension.

This season we are clearly saving money. As to the transfer budget of next season - who knows?
  2. Jan 11, 2019

sunama Baghdad Bob

Their scattergun approach is giving them good results.
    Did they not win the league last season? And they are leading the league this season.
  3. Jan 11, 2019

harms Way Staff

I wish people would stop putting him in midfield in their potential formations. Klopp either used him on the left of a front three or as a number 10 in 4-2-3-1. In Barcelona he is struggling because he can't replicate Iniesta's role in 4-4-2 or in midfield of 4-3-3 and in attack they already have Messi who spends most of his time in the hole. Great player but we'd struggle to fit him in.
  4. Jan 11, 2019

red thru&thru Full Member

Where are these rumours coming from?
  5. Jan 11, 2019

crossy1686 Full Member

Probably his agent trying to get a pay rise.
  6. Jan 11, 2019

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

Probably his agent worried since his client has fallen out of favor.
  7. Jan 11, 2019

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    His going through a period of bad form, other players are in better form and so they play over him. The problem comes from the fact he was supposed to be a starter yes or yes

Either way, more likely Valverde leaves than him
  8. Jan 11, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Mr Inconsistent. Never made sense as an Iniesta replacement
  9. Jan 11, 2019

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate

I really thought that they would go for Bernardo Silva and I still don't understand how people justified Coutinho's fee.
  10. Jan 11, 2019

Casanova85 New Member

Supports:
    FC Barcelona, Manchester Utd
    The only problem is that Barça can't sell him. Nobody is going to pay more than 80 for him. It would be the end of Bartomeu.

So, the way I see it, as long as he's happy in Barcelona, top sub or Starting XI, let him stay.
  11. Jan 11, 2019

AOAARON New Member

Supports:
    liverpool
    Liverpool fan.

If Coutinho is available and someone from the premier league gets him, they will become challengers. Most scared if United or Spurs get him.

I think at City, they just have too many attacking players in their side at the moment to properly integrate him. I think if United or Spurs get him, you'll turn into challengers instantly as long you you utilise him properly. He did used to play outside with us drifting in, but his best performances for me were always in big games when he actually played in the centre of midfield. I remember when we played City and he absolutely BOSSED the midfield, being able to steal the ball and press really well. His ball retention is also outstanding. I believe we had a friendly or game against you guys when he was doing mazy run after mazy run. His free kick ability was also becoming top drawer before he left. Also he's one of those players who can at any moment produce a moment of absolute magic.

I'd take him back at our side in a heart beat although he is a dick for leaving us mid-season. I don't feel sorry for him that it didn't workout for him at Barcelona because we nurtured and developed him, gave him a clear path from Inter and he was basically injured half the time, then the season where he did feature well for us.. he f***ed off the season after.

He has so much to his game and I have no doubt he could play in the centre of midfield if supported by 2 other midfielders who are a bit more physically imposing.

--Coutinho--
    Fabinho-Keita

would be quite ideal for us.

Likewise for you guys:

--Coutinho--
    Pogba-Matic

I can only begin to imagine the interplay between Pogba and Coutinho. He also gives the option of playing outside on the left and cutting onto his right side. If you have an awesome fullback playing behind him, things can get very nasty to handle.

Anyway, hopefully he just stays at Barcelona.