Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang | Wakanda Forever Performances

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Feb 4, 2019

Ish Lights on for Luke

A little bit early to have Rashford listed amongst Aubameyang?
  2. Feb 4, 2019

Wednesday at Stoke Full Member

Supports:
    Time Travel
    I don't think its early as it is, Rashford has played a 100 PL games, which is amazing considering his age and scored some vital goals in the run up to the UEFA cup win and against top 4 opposition in the premier league.

One's career is on the up and the other will start winding down, I think the margin will only grow wider in Rashford's favour.
  3. Feb 4, 2019

cyberman Full Member

He doesn't do enough outside of the box.
    People criticise DDG, defenders etc for not being able to play the ball out in some modern, progressive theoretical nonsense so a fecking striker shouldn't get a pass from it.
    Even for a great goalscorer he misses a lot of easy chances.
  4. Feb 4, 2019

Ish Lights on for Luke

Yeah, let's hope Rashford keeps developing into a world beater.
  5. Feb 4, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Aubameyang is getting overrated on here in my opinion. He's a very good striker and that's it, once his pace is gone, he has very little that makes him stand out.
  6. Feb 4, 2019

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    I think that’s a fair criticism. Compare and contrast with the great work his opposite number did outside the box in the same match. Lacazette showed him up too.
  7. Feb 4, 2019

Santoryo ripping the reward

Have you read any post in this thread at all?
  8. Feb 4, 2019

Rossa Full Member

Auba's biggest weapon was supposed to be his pace - the Usain Bolt of football. Not once have I seen it. Outpaced by Bailly, Varane - I think Smalling also had him in a foot race if I'm not mistaken some time ago. All those defenders are rapid centre backs, but does he get past any? He's either not that fast or he isn't that great at using his pace - a bit like Walcott. He's a good poacher, but when Arsenal aren't dominating, he seems incapable of doing anything on his own. He had a one on one vs Otamendi, and even there he failed to go past him and instead shot straight at Otamendi's body; a terrible attempt.
  9. Feb 4, 2019

Kostov Full Member

No I pulled that out of my ass, why?

There's someone talking him as maybe the best striker in the league. And in another thread @bosnian_red mentioned how he shows up in big matches unlike Lukaku. Then I checked his stats and he has scored only against Spurs this season in the league and that was in a very impressive performance by the whole Arsenal team.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a solid player but nothing special, similar to Lukaku.
  10. Feb 4, 2019

ThierryHenry wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM

Auba’s a world class poacher, but an average-at-best player outside the box. Lacazette’s a much better footballer but nowhere near as good at scoring goals.

Delighted we have both. Considering the non-existent performances of the ‘creators’ around them (Özil, Ramsey, Iwobi and Mhiki), they’re having phenomenal seasons. Some absolute nonsense being written in this thread, presumably from people who don’t watch much of Auba and have misjudged what type of player he is.
  11. Feb 4, 2019

SilentWitness ShoelessWitness Staff

Supports:
    Everton
    I didn't realise that he cost 60m, i thought it was half of that but it doesn't particularly matter. His goalscoring record is fantastic considering him and Lacazette have to make the best out of very little as aside from Ozil and Mhiki who have been terribly uninspiring in the past few years, Arsenal are bereft of creative talent, and looking at his past it isn't luck either as at Dormund he had three incredible seasons.
  12. Feb 4, 2019

breakout67 Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    He's the gabonese Cavani, elite movement and attacking of space but misses sitters over and over. Still gets loads of goals. I would say the last time Auba had frightening pace was in 2016, he's gotten slower and adapted his game.
  13. Feb 4, 2019

Kapardin Full Member

Yep. The fact that both of them have done this well despite the problems plaguing your squad speaks more of their quality than anything. Very good players.
  14. Feb 4, 2019

Santoryo ripping the reward

So you pulled one post out of so many to prove your point. This thread is mostly filled with people going on about how average he is, citing the likes of Lacazette being better than him, not to mention people just downright ignoring his return number and pretend that he's absolutely crap. So yeah me asking you if you'd read this thread at all shouldn't come as a surprise.

Also PEA has already shown a good record against the top teams in his past seasons at Dortmund and he's a proven big game player. He's scored goals against the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc.
  15. Feb 4, 2019

haram Full Member

Scored a tap in and did nothing else. Most overrated striker in the world.
  16. Feb 4, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Scored a cracker against Spurs.
  17. Feb 4, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I think he's a very good player. He's not much with the ball at his feet outside the box but what he does, he does well. I also think the lack of width at Arsenal does him no favours.
  18. Feb 4, 2019

Idxomer Full Member

It's difficult to blame Arsenal strikers as they have no creators in the team. Even though they're not that great, their team misses both Ozil and Mkhi and their current midfield consists just of runners with nothing much else to show for.

Still both Lacazette and Aubameyang have very good output this season. If they had someone like Pogba or even Ozil from a couple of years back supplying them, their numbers would've been improved further and very few would be talking about their involvement outside the box.
  19. Feb 4, 2019

haram Full Member

Doesn’t make up for him completely disappearing in the other big games. The guy touched the ball 6 times against Liverpool.

No strength, not good in the air, no link up, no hold up. Does not contibute to build up. Sorry, that’s not a top striker.
  20. Feb 4, 2019

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

Not really his fault they conceded five.
  21. Feb 4, 2019

haram Full Member

It’s his fault for not trying to get on the ball more. He is useless outside the box so perhaps he did Arsenal a favour.
  22. Feb 4, 2019

harms Way Staff

He is actually playing quite differently compared to his Borussia days. Much more involved in the build-up and actually works for the team, instead of being a lazy pace-merchant. His assist against Spurs, for example, is something that he was never capable of earlier.

He also makes twice as many tackles and interceptions.
  23. Feb 4, 2019

Kostov Full Member

As I already said the other examples were in another thread, and no I don’t think he’s crap at all. Just nothin special in my opinion.

And some of the defense when pointing out how much better he is than Lacazette was overrating as well. He’s a better goalscorer but Lac is a better all round footballer. The few Arsenal fans I know are much more fond of the Frenchman also.
  24. Feb 4, 2019

haram Full Member

I actually have changed my mind on Lacazette and think he is better than Aubameyang.
  25. Feb 4, 2019

Dirty Schwein Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album

PEA is a good striker but not great. His stats are inflated. Apart from against Spurs, all his goals have come against lesser teams. A great striker like Aguero or Kane are threats regardless of the opposition. In the bigger games, Lacazette feels more threatening than PEA.
  26. Feb 4, 2019

shamans Hoser

I think he's class! Not better than Kane imo.
  27. Mar 2, 2019

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

Did he just cost them top 4?
  28. Mar 2, 2019

IrishRedDevil Full Member

Can he get a retrospective ban?
  29. Mar 2, 2019

prateik Full Member

Vardy would've scored that.
  30. Mar 2, 2019

Nick7 Full Member

Agree. Neither are top quality but Lacazette is a better player. Give Lacazette Auba's pace and he'd be one of the best I think.
  31. Mar 2, 2019

Kush Full Member

He's missed 15 'big chances' in the PL this season, far ahead of any other player.
  32. Mar 2, 2019

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

He was also like this at Dortmund. Fantastic movement & pace, which helped him to be on the end of many chances but he was certainly prone to missing loads of them.
  33. Mar 7, 2019

haram Full Member

Fraud. Before and after the red.
  34. Mar 11, 2019

11101 Full Member

He's definitely lost some pace. First Bailly and now Smalling have quite comfortably outpaced him. They're both quick defenders but a couple of years ago he would have left them for dead.
  35. Mar 11, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

Don't rate him whatsoever.
  36. Mar 11, 2019

Trizy New Member

Indeed. He even had a head start on Smalling because Smalling actually slipped just before that sprinting race.
  37. Mar 11, 2019

awop New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I hope he can finish this season strongly and give us at least another season of 20/25 goals but yeah, he's slowing down and missing a lot of easy chances.
    We're gonna have to get the chequebook out again very soon. Arsenal fan Piatek would be nice if Milan can't cement their comeback in the next 2 years.
  38. Mar 11, 2019

Judas Open to offers

I can see why he struggled to find a club willing to take him. He looked amazing for a good while, but he's clearly on the way down.
  39. Mar 11, 2019

FootyGirl88

How much did he cost again?
  40. Mar 11, 2019

Tommy bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered

Supports:
    Liverpool
    £52m if memory serves. He's the same number of goals as Kane/Salah, just one behind Aguero. He's not that bad.

(Certainly on the decline, though).