Planning for next season

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by RyanGoggs, May 13, 2012.

1. May 14, 2012

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Based on what? The fact that no one on here thinks we'll sign him because he's so good ergo he must be Barca/Real Madrid bound?
  2. May 14, 2012

red2deadboy Banned

SAF has made is signings a week or so after season completes, so with that in mind we haven't got to long to realise we ain't getting in any worldclass talent. I am thinking a couple of players, an nobody costing over 15mill

Apparently no value in the market
  3. May 14, 2012

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Well Euro 2012 kicks off on the 8th June, last summer Jones was signed on the 13th, Young was signed on the 23rd and De Gea was signed on the 29th with all 3 all but confirmed to sign several weeks beforehand so yeah it should be fairly apparent before the month is over who we're after and so far it looks like Clyne and Kagawa will be 2 of the possible 2 or 3 Fergie mentioned last weekend
  4. May 14, 2012

Ramshock Full Member

Been saying this for ages, two or three world class players and we will be on top again the problem of course is getting them.
  5. May 14, 2012

bosnian_red Full Member

Seeing as its the end of the season, it's a little weird that we haven't announced a pre season tour yet, or have I missed it? Do we have any games planned against anyone?
  6. May 14, 2012

Baxter Full Member

7. May 14, 2012

tintedsepia Full Member

Shed loads of activicty over summer - mainly loans, though.

How I see it:-

In:-

Kagawa
    Lucas/Gaitan/Hazard
    LB - don't know who
    Clyne
    Powell?

Retire:-
    M Owen?
    Scholes?
    Giggs?

Loan:
    Any number of reserves
    Fabio

Out:
    Berbatov
    Kusczak
    Bebe
    James
    De Laet
    Park?
    Anderson?

Will surprise me if Scholes retires. Won't surprise me if Giggs retires. But again if they both stay around it won't surpirse me either. Their importance is showing the youngsters how to be and how to play under pressure.

In order to afford our transfers it will be important to get

Berbatov: 7m
    Bebe: 3m
    James 1m
    De Laet 1m
    Park 3m
    Anderson 6m

We'd be trying to get around 15m in transfer fees. We get 25m per season anyway as per our business plan plus 25m for an ASTONISHING player who will be a world icon (not sure we've sourced that this year). We had 25m last year which we would have bought Sneijder with so I think we'll spend up to 60-65m. including incoming money from transfers.
  8. May 14, 2012

Sir Matt Full Member

Martinez, Muniain, and Kagawa. Just a bit hopeful...:mad:
  9. May 14, 2012

sdb4884 Full Member

Giggs is contracted until next season, can't see him pulling the plug. Scholes yes I think he will.

I hope Kagawa isn't our only major signing.
  10. May 14, 2012

Devil may care Full Member

Two central midfielders and a versatile attacker is what we need IMO.

On the attacker front Kagawa looks our best bet of getting someone good in, players like Hazard and Llorente are out of our range.

For the CM's I just don't know since we'll again be limited in options with players like Martinez and Herrera simply too expensive. Players like Strootman, Cabaye and Asamoah have been linked and seem within in our price range, can't honestly say if they are good enough though.

I don't know what the fullback plan is, I mean loaning out Fabio and buying a guy from the Championship who has no top flight experience to cover for Evra instead of playing Fabio more, seems odd to me.
  11. May 14, 2012

sdb4884 Full Member

Yeah we need someone to be able to challenge Evra for the spot, not learn on the job so to speak.
  12. May 14, 2012

Theon Full Member

Why would we get Kagawa and Hazard/Lucas? You want to sell Anderson but not buy a replacement?

Centre mid is our weakest area, but you want to spend out transfer budget on two more attackers. Okay.

Not only that, but you want to sell Anderson and also think that Scholes might retire. So next season our centre mid will be Carrick, Cleverly and.... Who? Fletch is ill and Giggs won't start a quarter of our games.

We need a centre mid not a winger, let alone two.
  13. May 14, 2012

ghaliboy Snitches on Tom Hagen

:lol:

What a fecking waste that would be. Surely as a squaddie you could get more out of him than offloading him for 6m.

Just inject some steel Saf for christ sakes. Doesn't even have to be first team steel. Just someone to free up Carrick and give him the space to move the ball as well as pass the ball.
  14. May 14, 2012

Havak Pokemon master

Players I expect to leave / have a realistic chance of leaving:

Permanent: Berbatov, Owen, Park, Anderson, Kuszczak, de Laet, Bébé, and Macheda

Loan: Fábio and lots of younger players

Fletcher, Scholes, and Giggs (along with Owen) have a realistic chance of retiring. But I think Owen would fight his injury woes for another season elsewhere and I reckon both Giggs and Scholes will stay. Giggs might go to the Olympics, while Scholes probably won't go to the Euros. This gives us a good chance to manage them well for the next season. Scholes can start the season, maybe take a mid-season break if we're doing well, and Giggs could come back in after having a rest early in the season. That way we can hopefully utilise Scholes in a good start and finish to the campaign. Fletcher is touch and go, I have the same illness so I know how bad / annoying it can be. I hope he manages to stay and play, but he might have to call it quits.

In regards to the players I think will go, I can still see Macheda and Bébé getting one more loan as a chance to prove themselves, but even then they could get sold in January instead of the Summer.

From the players leaving and all the loans, I think we can expect to bring in £20-30million, which should fund the signing of one top drawer midfield player. If Fletcher leaves, we'd need to sign at least one more midfield player, and I think we'd need a striker. I'd personally go for someone like Huntelaar, who might still be affordable at sub-£20million and will give us something I don't feel we have in the side at the moment. He also has a good amount of experience. Not sure who we really will sign in midfield, but I think we're going to have to spend £60million+ on three good players to compete on all fronts next season.

GK: Amos, de Gea, Lindegaard
    DF: Evans, Evra, Ferdinand, (Fryers), Jones, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic
    MF: Carrick, Cleverley, Fletcher, Giggs, Nani, Scholes, Valencia, Young
    FW: Hernández, Rooney, Welbeck

Another three players gets us to a 25-man squad? Although I think it's possible that Amos, Fryers, Rafael, and/or Welbeck might not need registering. I haven't looked up their birthdates but it wouldn't make much difference anyway. I think we'll keep the above and sign two midfielders and one striker. Probably spend £65million~ but bring in about £25million from sales to take less of a hit.

Edit: Actually completely forgot Pogba. He could end up being sold, going on loan, or even being part of the first team. No idea yet, this might also depend on Fletcher.
  15. May 14, 2012

Ramshock Full Member

[​IMG]
  16. May 14, 2012

evra Full Member

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
    Hopefully we'll get most of our business out of the way before the Euros.
  17. May 14, 2012

Commadus Banned

We are not getting any Bilbao players.

You can plan when you have an idea about resources.
  18. May 14, 2012

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Kagawa, Martinez and Hazard and we are sorted.

Realistically we'll probably just add Kagawa and a striker like Llorente then promote Tunnicilffe, Brady and Will Keane.
  19. May 15, 2012

RedLars Full Member

Almost certain Scholes staying on for another season means we won't buy a midfielder. I can see us getting Kagawa and a left-back (we need backup for Evra if Fabio's going out on loan). If Clyne fits that bill then that would probably be it at the back.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in striker as well, although it seems redundant as Kagawa if we are to use a system that plays to his strengths.