Player Contracts June 2018 | Mata Extends Contract till 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by MyOnlySolskjaer, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Dec 15, 2017

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

These are the players that are eligible to leave and agree on a pre-contract with other clubs come January. Thought it would be better to have a thread on this here, maybe can be used again on the transfer forum in the future if situations like this come to light again.

With Herrera, Young, Shaw, Blind the club has an option to extend for a further year.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/vertragsende/verein/985

(If anyone has any information that I've got wrong, feel free to update)

Summer 2018

Daley Blind* - REPORTED BY TELEGRAPH TO HAVE BEEN INVOKED
    Michael Carrick - CONFIRMED TO BE RETIRING AND JOINING COACHING STAFF
    Marouane Fellaini
    Ander Herrera* - REPORTED BY TELEGRAPH TO HAVE BEEN INVOKED
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Sam Johnstone* - DAILY MAIL SAY OPTION WILL BE INVOKED
    Juan Mata* - OPTION INVOKED - CONFIRMED BY CLUB, NOW EXPIRES 2019
    Luke Shaw* - REPORTED BY MEN TO HAVE BEEN INVOKED
    Ashley Young* - REPORTED BY TELEGRAPH TO HAVE BEEN INVOKED

Summer 2019

Matteo Darmian*
    David de Gea*
    Phil Jones*
    Anthony Martial*
    Andreas Pereira*
    Marcos Rojo
    Chris Smalling*
    Antonio Valencia*
    James Wilson*

* = option of a further year
  2. Dec 15, 2017

AshRK Full Member

I would keep Shaw, Young for one or two more years, Herrera as a squad player, Mata for one or two more years and maybe even give Blind a contract for having another solid squad player. No need to beg Fellaini and moreover his injuries are becoming a concern now. Cash on him when we can. Ibra and Carrick are anyways done so no point extending their stay as players.
  3. Dec 15, 2017

Eyepopper Lowering the tone since 2006

If he goes it'll be on a free, no one will be paying a fee now when they can get him for nothing in 6 months.

He'd also no doubt miss out on a fat signing bonus somewhere.
  4. Dec 15, 2017

Shane88 Actually Nostradamus

Carrick will move into coaching. Ibra will head off to the US. Mata might head back to Valencia.

I think Fellaini will stay.
  5. Dec 15, 2017

Thepinhead Full Member

Time to get rid of herrera, carrick and probably fellaini too.

I hope shaw starts improving and makes that left back his own.

Blind is a good squad player and so is mata and young.

I would keep ibra as a backup to lukaku but doubt ibra wants to be a squad player so we might have to buy one in the summer.

I would get a CM and a young talentet backup striker to lukaku.
  6. Dec 15, 2017

Devil may care Full Member Verified Moaner

I'd definitely let Carrick, Fellaini and Ibra move on, I'm not bothered one way or the other with Mata.
  7. Dec 15, 2017

T A New Member

8. Dec 15, 2017

MadMike Full Member

I'd extend Mata but let the others leave. I appreciate what Fellaini brings to the team, but that's not the way I like us playing football. And he's not decent a CM enough to keep if you discount the aerial presence in the opposition box.
  9. Dec 15, 2017

Jaybomb Banned

Sign Mata to a new deal ASAP.

Fellaini can go if we sign a replacement with similar qualities.

Ibra can stay if he starts performing.

Carrick is probably finished. Should be offered a coaching role.
  10. Dec 15, 2017

el3mel Full Member

Mata will extend.

Fellaini will probably leave.

Carrick will join the coaching team next season.

Zlatan, not very sure. I think it'll depend on his performance the second half of the season. If he regains his form, can see him staying for one more year.
  11. Dec 15, 2017

OnlyTwoDaSilvas Gullible

Extend Young and Herrera. Solid squad players, Young especially. Shaw has 6 months to earn the extension if he wants it. I reckon Blind will go to play more first team football. He'll be a great signing on a free for a lot of teams. Perhaps we'll extend him just to get a fee, like we did with Evra. The market has exploded since we signed him. He's easily a £20m player by todays standard. If the club has the option, we'd be a bit silly not to do it.

I'd be surprised if we let Mata leave for free. He still has a lot of value, and will be a good player for a lot of sides. I guess it depends if he wants to play more or if he's happy here. I guess a lot depends on whether we strengthen in his position too, which we really ought to be doing. I'll be a little sad to see him go, if it does happen.

Mourinho seems keen to keep Fellaini though. We definitely need to sign central midfielders whether he stays or not.

Carrick will stay with the club in some capacity. Zlatan might not. Depends on how his recovery goes, I guess.
  12. Dec 15, 2017

arthurka Full Member

Fellaini, Zlatan and Carrick are out. The rest will stay..
  13. Jan 4, 2018

14. Jan 4, 2018

Rozay Not good at posting fixture lists

Still expect some to leave in the summer.
  15. Jan 4, 2018

Robbie Boy Full Member

Yeah, for sure.
  16. Jan 4, 2018

Devil may care Full Member Verified Moaner

The title is a bit misleading, we've basically extended 4 contracts but 3 of the players we've extended might still go.
  17. Jan 4, 2018

Bestietom Full Member

Even the ones that we have extended could move on.
  18. Jan 4, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I would still keep Mata, Young, Shaw and Herrera for another year at least.

Darmian/Blind/Fellaini can all go.
  19. Jan 4, 2018

IrishRedDevil Full Member

Darmian and Blind to be sold, Young and Mata to remain.
  20. Jan 4, 2018

Ramshock CAF Pilib De Brún Translator

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    Fellaini and Blind id keep but Jose doesnt seem to value Blind.
  21. Jan 4, 2018

Acole9 Outstanding

Some of those will go for sure but at least we'll get some money for them now.
  22. Jan 4, 2018

beingshe7don Full Member

completely agree
  23. Jan 4, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Blind made a pretty decent CB but I don't like him as a LB or midfielder, and he's clearly about 5th choice CB under Jose. It'll be better for him to move on.
  24. Jan 4, 2018

Jaybomb Banned

Give a contract to Mata and Fellaini.

Let the rest leave.

We could probably get a fee for them so it would be smart to get them to sign and then sell them on.

I just think we need improvements on Herrera and Blind. And surely it’s time to move on from Young and Carrick now.
  25. Jan 16, 2018

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ster-united-deal-for-alexis-sanchez-k8mz57vn2

26. Jan 16, 2018

anant Full Member

"It is understood that Mata is unaware that the option has been triggered and the Spaniard can therefore in theory open negotiations about leaving Old Trafford on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling at the end of June."

If the option has been triggered, then how can he open negotiations!
    And I'm pretty sure, the talks are ongoing for new contracts as guys like him, Herrera would have been snapped by Italian and Spanish clubs already
  27. Jan 17, 2018

Scholsey2004 Full Member

Well Carrick's had a heart problem. If I was him I'd take that as a sign that its time to hang your boots up.
  28. Jan 17, 2018

Yeah I was unsure what this meant, just posted it here hoping someone would clarify. :lol:
  29. Jan 17, 2018

Sky1981 Fending off the urge

Stability i guess, even when they're deadweight you really can't afford to upset half the squad.
  30. Jan 30, 2018

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

UNITED EXTEND MATA CONTRACT UNTIL 2019
    Manchester United have triggered a clause to extend Juan Mata’s contract by one year, tying the Spaniard to the club until June 2019.

Jose Mourinho has spoken of Mata’s importance on multiple occasions during recent weeks and did so again on Monday, in a press conference ahead of the match against Tottenham Hotspur.

After confirming that the club had extended the midfielder’s contract, Mourinho said: “Mata is very important. When I arrived one-and-a-half years ago, [they said], ‘Mata is in trouble, in trouble, in trouble’, and now he's getting an extension of one more year. An important player for me; important player for the club; important player for the other players."

In an exclusive interview with MUTV on Tuesday afternoon, Mata then revealed he is delighted to be staying on and hopes there are “many more years to come”.

“I still feel very happy and very proud to be part of this club," said the Reds' no.8. "I think everyone that belongs to Manchester United should feel privileged, and that’s how I feel.

“I’m happy with everyone at the club and, obviously, with the manager and my team-mates. Once you are part of this club, your football career is not the same; it changes, because this is one of the biggest clubs in football history. Every day I try to tell myself how lucky and how privileged I am, try to take advantage of every single training session, and try to see how important it is to be a Manchester United player.”

Mata joined United from Chelsea in January 2014, and has thus far made 172 appearances for the Reds, scoring 39 goals. A firm fan favourite, the diminutive Spanish international has won the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League during his time at Old Trafford, and is fondly remembered for two superb, match-winning goals in a 2-1 win over Liverpool in March 2015.

“At eight, ten, twelve years old, I never imagined that I would play for such a club," Juan told us on Tuesday. "I remember the big players – Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Ferdinand, Vidic – and it felt so far from where I was playing, but now I’m here it’s a special feeling.

“We have had so many new players during my four years, but now we know each other and understand each other better. We are creating a kind of stability that I believe is needed to build and to create a positive consistency in terms of getting results and getting trophies.”
  31. Jan 31, 2018

Klopp_De_Klown Full Member

Ok, so where are we? What's the state of play...

Mata gets a 12-month extension and Carrick is taking up a coaching role.

Which leaves...
    Valencia, Young, Shaw, Blind, DDG, Fellaini, Herrera, Zlatan, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Martial, Wilson, A Pereira.

All with contracts running out this summer or summer 2019. Most have one year extension options. But it does kinda mean they all have to be sorted out this summer at the latest.
    Admins: Could we get a list at the top with all the short term players and what their status/outcome is, for the players still contracted to the club? As each players situation is known

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...r-news/man-utd-news-players-contracts-6178269
  32. Jan 31, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

Really tough to do so. Extensions aren't normally announced. Apparently Shaw's option had been activated for a couple of months now but no announcement, and Mata's extension was supposed to have happened along with 3 other players but theirs haven't been formally announced by the club either so we're in limbo.

I'll edit the OP anyway.
  33. Jan 31, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

So for the summer 2018 lot, it is mainly just Fellaini and Zlatan (the two without options) that are up in the air. The rest are reported to have been resolved - with Carrick and Mata confirmed.
  34. Jan 31, 2018

Quizierda Full Member Scouse Lover

Think we should pin down Herrera and Shaw on medium-/long-term contracts this summer and not only take the option. Next year will be tough to sort out DDG & Martial so no need to also have to "worry" about Luke and Ander.

For the others I think we should take Ashley's option try to keep Fella as a back-up for a reasonable price and let the others leave. I don't think Blind, Zlatan and Johnstone would be hardly missed in the future. We should move on in re-building our squad and this means getting rid of (expensive) players who don't offer much.
  35. Jan 31, 2018

Thanks for OP update.
  36. Mar 1, 2018

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

Manchester United have extended the contracts of Daley Blind and Ashley Young until 2019, after exercising options in their contracts.

Goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, who is on loan at Aston Villa, has also had his deal extended by 12 months after United took up an option in his contract.

All three players' deals were due to expire at the end of the season, but will now run until the summer of 2019.
  37. Mar 1, 2018

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

Blind will definitely be moving on in the summer, I think Young will be happy to play for successive short term deals if it means staying at the club and it'll probably work well for him in terms of motivation to keep his levels up.