Pogba Future

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by wolvored, Mar 20, 2019.

1. May 15, 2019 at 09:45

AJ10 Full Member

Has Pogba performed at level we thought he would consistently? No

Has been as bad as people are making it out to be? NO

Should he be sold? Not before all of Young/Smalling/Jones/Matic/Mata/Lingard/Rashy/Martial/Lukaku/Rojo/Darmain are sold first.

Not a consistent player but a easy target. No one in our team is consistent at the moment but they're not criticised. Simply wouldn't be surprised by all those media whores saying he should be sold to only then Give him praise for doing the exact thing at Real.
  2. May 15, 2019 at 09:49

westmeath Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I agree with everything you have said but I don’t see any if that in the criticism of Pogba. I’ve reported some posts here for repeating those stereotypes. (another common one is questioning the age of young African players)
  3. May 15, 2019 at 09:50

The Urban Goose New Member

From 6:08, I agree with everything Rosenior says (ignore the clickbait headline).

https://youtu. be/CJhnHbVxuzs

(Can't add a link apparently, delete the space between youtu. be).

Pogba's a great player, but not the player we need right now.

We need to get back to being a team. Some players make the team play well but go relatively unnoticed (the fabled Makelele role from days gone by); others look like they're playing well but hinder the rest of the team (Stevie Me for years at Anfield).

Pogba is the cherry on the cake while we're still beating the eggs. Hopefully we'll mix in some flour this summer.
  4. May 15, 2019 at 10:08

tony54 New Member

Best advice for MU is to tell Pogba to sling his hook. He is the same to MU as red Robby was to the death of British Leyland. Well, at least him and his brothers and the glaziers and woody.
  5. May 15, 2019 at 21:04

Luke1995 Full Member

Is it possible to sell him for more than PSG paid Barcelona for Neymar ? I'd totally sell if we got that world record money and used it to sign five or six new players.

He should not be sold for any less than the money the club paid Juventus.

Hope he stays because he still has incredible potential but it's impossible to not get the feeling that his mind is somewhere else.
  6. May 15, 2019 at 21:11

Le Red Full Member

I don't remember Drogba, a black African francophone player getting the "flak", and you know why? Because he gave his all and is a club legend. If you don't have any good arguments please refrain from this ridiculous race card virtue signaling bs.
  7. May 15, 2019 at 21:14

Steven-UK New Member

Only if we opened him up like a sardine, and poured liquid gold through every pore of his body.

He is nowhere near that money. I'm surprised the likes of Madrid even want him.
  8. May 15, 2019 at 21:16

Le Red Full Member

That's twice now that you made a comparison of Pogba's athletic efforts to that of caf posters. You can't get more desperate than that.
  9. May 15, 2019 at 21:17

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I disagree to be honest. What we need is to replace the players causing the issues. In the midfield it is mainly Matic, we also need to improve the defence.

We actually do require a creative force in our midfield and thats why we do need Pogba. We should also add to him in terms of creativity from midfield so we are not so reliant on him. A RW and a Herrera replacement will help.

The problem isnt Pogba not saying he has been great but he isnt the issue and would be a mistake to sell. Creativity as a midfield isnt a luxury it is absolutely essential especially if we want to be an attacking side.
  10. May 15, 2019 at 21:19

Le Red Full Member

Players like Matic, on the other hand, will steal a living in MUFC without any criticism whatsoev... oh wait

Btw Emilio Lopez does not evoke images of a good technichal player for me. Maybe you're just projecting your own racial stereotype vision unto other people. You should talk to someone about that.
  11. May 15, 2019 at 21:21

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Matic is hardly criticised in the mainstream media. He probably been one of our worst players this season and the main problem in the midfield yet you don’t hear much about him.

Not saying it is anything to do with racism by the way.
  12. May 15, 2019 at 21:25

Le Red Full Member

That's why I think he should be sold. We're lucky that RM wants him and we could get a juicy transfer fee. A couple of half arsed seasons later he might be worth 40m or so.
  13. May 15, 2019 at 21:53

Luke1995 Full Member

It would probably be a better buy than what Beckham was for them for example, as he has the same marketing appeal and is entering his physical prime.

My guess is they think Pogba and Hazard together would solve their issues.
  14. May 15, 2019 at 22:33

Loublaze ATLien

Enjoy living in whatever bubble you live in. Ignorance is bliss
  15. May 15, 2019 at 22:38

kbbear New Member

Drogba didn't get any flak because Chelsea were winning. According to many of our fans our player of the year is a left back who contributed to our worst defensive showing for years? In the last 2 years Pogba has scored a bucket load and created a bucket load of goals. When we are left to rely on Matic and McTominay for creativity many here will wish they could take back their words.
  16. May 15, 2019 at 23:36

CLK_FPC Fists of Fury

ok big dawg
  17. May 16, 2019 at 12:58

purgethefallen New Member

Supports:
    Basingstoke Bison Ice Hockey
    Great, shame he doesn't bother for half (or more) of the season. Just think what he could have been if he was arsed.
  18. May 16, 2019 at 15:28

OL29 Full Member

That's an awful example, Drogba was heavily criticised for his theatrics early in his career at Chelsea, while the media turned a blind-eye to the diving of player like Gerrard, Rooney, Joe Cole etc.
  19. May 16, 2019 at 16:04

scholesyboy18 New Member

I completely agree with this point. We need more players like Herrera right now to build a good team and then we can get players like Pogba. He is a hindrance and should be sold.
  20. May 16, 2019 at 18:18

Le Red Full Member

I wouldn't know about that. I didn't read anything in the UK media back then but I believe the double standards when it comes to English vs foreigner.
    I still think that Drogba stands as an example that you will have the respect you deserve when you respect the jersey you wear, no matter how you look like or where you come from.
    No, I don't live in a bubble and I'm not denying the effects of racism in football. I'm simply disputing the notion that Pogba's criticism is related to racism. In 2019, nobody can criticise a black player without being called a racist. Even black people are accused of racism if they do so. That's the state of affairs.