Ander Herrera image Man of the Match Ander Herrera
5.4 Total Average Rating
Ander Herrera image 6.8 Highest Rated Player Ander Herrera
Romelu Lukaku image 3.9 Lowest Rated Player Romelu Lukaku
  1. Dec 6, 2018 at 00:30

sev1 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Arsenal supporter here. Think that was a fair result for the football on display. I think we had the edge in the final 20 or so but not going to whine about the result.

I thought we were hurt massively by Holding and Ramsey's injuries. I know many of you haven't watched us but Holding has been solid in either a back 3 or back 4 and losing him hurt. Lichsteiner, while experienced, is a significant downgrade at either RB or CB.

Losing Ramsey, however, was absolutely massive. Without Xhaka or Ozil, we didn't really have any high quality players on the ball to threaten offensively. I know Mikhi came on and put in a credible performance, but he doesn't have that chaos factor that creates chances out of nothing that Ramsey has.

Not a classic performance from either squad but entertaining at least. I'll take the point away.
  2. Dec 6, 2018 at 00:43

tomaldinho1 Full Member

We just don't create anything, it's terrifying how easy it is to defend against us at the moment.
  3. Dec 6, 2018 at 00:47

Rifer Full Member

:lol: Who the F decide this MOTM?!! So apparently Matic is the MOTM.

At least he have the decency to share it with the rest of the team.
  4. Dec 6, 2018 at 00:51

nainaisson New Member

Nice to have centre-backs playing in the centre-back postion again. No more midfielders as centre-backs, please. I don't care if it means we can't build out from the back. I'd rather watch boring long ball football than suffer through another flimsy back line with McTominay and Matic.
  5. Dec 6, 2018 at 00:58

Steerpike Full Member

An enjoyable match - not often I've been able to say that this season - but very evident how far both sides are away from the top teams in the league. I was pleased to see a United team playing with some intensity, and more of the same for the rest of the season would be very welcome.

Our stand out performers, for me, were Herrera, Matic, Darmian and Rashford. I would have added Rojo to the list - and I still think he had a decent game - but for his error which cost us a goal.

We lost something when Lingard went off. Even though he had a curate's egg of a game (too many misplaced passes), I thought his energy and running off the ball posed problems for Arsenal.

I was surprised to find we had three centre backs fit enough to play (I was only expecting one), and it was good to see Rojo back. Perhaps if he can stay fit and get a run of games behind him, he can solve our left-sided centre back problem. Bailly had a fair game, but his old problem of a lack of composure was evident near the end (this may have been in part due to tiredness - he did go down with cramp at one point).

Perhaps the biggest surprise was how well Matic played. He looked sharper, and played at a better pace than he has for a long time.

Regarding Pogba, his cameo appearance off the bench didn't really answer any questions. He was fairly anonymous in his short time on the pitch, and the simple fact is that the team played better without him. I still don't think he, or the manager, will be here at the start of next season.
  6. Dec 6, 2018 at 01:33

Pat_Mustard Full Member

A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
    At least it was entertaining and we didn't lose. It's a surreal feeling going into these matches feeling like we're the underdogs though, and being pleasantly surprised when we create some chances and come out with a point.
  7. Dec 6, 2018 at 01:48

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

"At least we didn't lose" , "entertaining game" , " at least there was a bit of intensity"
    ffs how much lower can the expectations be? Entertaining but we didn't barely created any clear cut chances in first half. Was a bit better for 10 minutes start of tthe second half but that's it. infact the best ones fell to Arsenal and again DDG had save us. It says everything that Arsenal will come out of that game dissapointed they dropped 2 points. And their manager arrived 3 months ago and has got his team well drilled playing with an identity managing more than ours has in 3 years and with 400 million spending money . Our 3 most expensive signings didn't make the starting 11 which is crazy but there we go. the solution is to give the manager even more money according to some
  8. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:13

Red1968 New Member

I've watched a lot of games vs the Gunners going all the way back to the 1979 FA cup. I don't remember a United team being so afraid of an Arsenal squad especially at Old Trafford but that's what I saw today. We were a defensive shambles, so sloppy and we were lucky Arsenal didn't score 4 or 5. Once again our attack looked disjointed and without any kind of quality. Jose has long ago lost the room and something you would think, has to give soon.
  9. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:13

tieunhilang New Member

Before the match, everyone and their dogs on here was expecting a 8-2 revenge from Arsenal in such an ideal circumstance for them. Turns out they had to rely on our own mistakes to come back alive from Old Trafford with 1 point. It's not strange that people feel relieved. It's not "lower the expectations", it's being realistic based on the current situation.
  10. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:15

Betson Full Member

I said it was decent in the context of the form we are in.

In reality we are not that much more than a mid table team right now and pts against teams above us are going to be few and far between.

We are not good enough for top 4. Crazy to say that with the money we have spent but that is the reality of it right now.
  11. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:20

Yagami Full Member

I chose not to watch. Really glad I did as I had a good night. Might give the next one a miss, too, depending on plans. So much less stress.
  12. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:33

Cloud7 Full Member

I was actually working that day and missed that game, so I didn’t get to share in the excitement properly :p
  13. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:38

Class of 63 Full Member

Just watched it, and bloody enjoyed it, there i've said it
  14. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:41

haram Full Member

Why don't you just support another team.
  15. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:43

Yagami Full Member

Because I support United.
  16. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:44

haram Full Member

When we are winning?
  17. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:46

Yagami Full Member

No, I still support them right now. I don't have to watch every game, though. Life is too short to be getting stressed out over trivial things which, where United have been concerned, I have been doing.

you need to get off your high horse.
  18. Dec 6, 2018 at 02:51

UncleBob Full Member

I see this being repeated over and over again, but does anyone actually have anything substantial to back this claim up with, that we've signed players that the manager wasn't interested in ?
  19. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:09

Class of 63 Full Member

Thats terrible, and I thought my life was shit....
  20. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:14

ravi2 Full Member

I really dislike his hoof the ball to Fellaini tactic. It seriously stagnates our play... We might as well play with 10 men out there
  21. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:19

ravi2 Full Member

With lukaku and Fellaini on, we might as well play with 9 men out there. When they are on, the little cohesiveness we have disappears.
  22. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:19

Class of 63 Full Member

Well no, he didn't actually get his wallet out, but....
  23. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:23

Class of 63 Full Member

Great start to your post, then you mentioned Herrera and it went to pot.
  24. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:23

Laphroaig Full Member

Wtf? Arsenal were shockingly bad - I thought they'd turned good. Another two points thrown away against shit opposition for us.
  25. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:23

MUmyteam New Member

I enjoyed 1st half when I saw them trying to win, felt entertaining when comparing their performance to past several matches...until the first substitute Lukaku walked in, then Fellaini, then Pogba
  26. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:26

ravi2 Full Member

That's bullshit
  27. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:33

ravi2 Full Member

That would be Woodward, who is as culpable as Jose for the mess United are in at the moment.

Great post, mufc needs serious changes from the top down to avoid being the noisy neighbours on a permanent basis
  28. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:36

ravi2 Full Member

Most of my United supporting friends have found better shit to do. They still support united, but the matches aren't must see tv anymore. That is the sad fact
  29. Dec 6, 2018 at 03:55

Class of 63 Full Member

Culpable or not, yer man from la-la land is suggesting Ed Woodward should be shot which let's be honest is a bit harsh, sent to bed with no supper maybe, or.....
  30. Dec 6, 2018 at 04:41

haram Full Member

Apologies, you obviously don't care that much about United if you deem them trivial. I don't mean to sound condescending when I say that, people value the team they support differently from others.
  31. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:18

Yorkeontop Full Member

Europa league ain't so bad and it is our level.
  32. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:20

Yagami Full Member

Nah, you don't need to apologise. I know all about you and your condescending posts to a lot on here. I didn't expect anything more from you.

When you grow up, you'll realise there's a lot more important things than football. Enjoy it while you can, though. Life catches up fast.
  33. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:21

haram Full Member

Literally just said that I understand it does not mean that much to you...
  34. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:25

Yagami Full Member

You're wrong on that. You shouldn't just assume you know how someone feels on something like you do. I've disagreed with a lot of your posts on here but I've never insulted you or labelled you a poor fan.

United mean a lot to me. I'm from Manchester, have been a fan my whole life, and go to the odd game when I can afford it/have the free time. My dad supported them his whole life, too. Some of his best memories were in fact following United across the country in the lower divisions. It runs in the family.

I've had a tough time in life recently and kinda wanna take my mind off it and try and enjoy myself. United, at the moment, is just adding to the stress so I opted to give this match a miss. I still love the club but sometimes you just need a break.
  35. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:26

haram Full Member

Well you said it was trivial and I said I understood. I also said I didn't mean to sound condescending in the same post.
  36. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:29

Yagami Full Member

As much as I love football and United, it is trivial, don't you think? I mean, when it's all said and done, football is just a form of entertainment. I still get passionate about it because I love the thing, and it is important to me, but there are bigger things in life that are more important.
  37. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:30

haram Full Member

Of course there are bigger things in life. You do realise that your original post came across as if they didn't matter at all though?
  38. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:32

Yagami Full Member

Well I didn't mean it to come across that way so my bad. If they didn't matter at all I wouldn't have as many posts as I do on here, ha. I'd also have a lot more money, too!
  39. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:33

haram Full Member

:lol:

Well, again, I apologise if I offended you.
  40. Dec 6, 2018 at 05:33

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

it must be Moaninho