Potential striker targets for the summer

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by luke511, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Jun 12, 2019 at 15:19

Fer Full Member

A false 9 could be better than a target striker. We already have Rashford and Martial as forwards (if we sell Lukaku and Sanchez).

Do you prefer to sign a forward like Felix or a pure striker like Piatek?
  2. Jun 12, 2019 at 15:22

northender New Member

Supports:
    Preston North End
    Haller or Dembele for United make perfect sense if Lukaku goes.

They may not score quite as many as him but paired with Rashford they'd be far more effective.

A target man like one of those two who is good in the air, good with his back to goal, and still chips in with goals would be ideal.
  3. Jun 12, 2019 at 15:24

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I could see Lukaku going and us signing them both. We need more than 1 striker tbh.
  4. Jun 12, 2019 at 15:42

Suvvernmanc Full Member

I think if we sign a proper right winger finally, we could see a 433 formation instead of a 4312 diamond.

Selling Sanchez and Lukaku would leave us with Rashford and Martial as our only strikers. Realistically, Martial is a left winger and Daniel James is going to be back up left and right winger. In this scenario we absolutely have to sign a striker to either be a starter and replace Rashford as the #9, or to rotate with Rashford. This seems the most likely.

If we get £50-70m for Lukaku and a little bit for Sanchez we could spend all that on a new #9 without blowing a portion of our summer budget.

I'm not sure what players are available right now but we could buy a versatile 'forward' player who can play across the front 3. But they have to be a proper goal scorer as there are question marks with Rashford and Martials ability to lead the line right now.
  5. Jun 13, 2019 at 15:14

Fer Full Member

If we sell Lukaku and Sanchez, I would like to see a False 9 like Griezmann, Dybala or Felix.

Which second striker / false 9 is the best we can get?