Premier league best quick passers 2018-19

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by roonster09, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Sep 4, 2018

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Found this very interesting and saw these stats for the first time.

[​IMG]

Fred, Pereira are at very good level. Surprisingly Neves is in "Not accurate and quick" zone.

Not sure how correct these stats are btw.
  2. Sep 4, 2018

12OunceEpilogue Full Member

I'm guessing they're only based on the four games we've had this term as well.

Still I suppose it's gratifying to see Fred, Pereira and Matic in the yellow zone with Pogba just outside. No surprise to see City's MFs in yellow and perhaps odd to see Liverpool's taking their time while being very accurate, I'd have expected them to be quicker.

Also it sucks to be Joe Ralls :lol:
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  3. Sep 4, 2018

Bestietom Full Member

Matic is there too.
  4. Sep 4, 2018

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Where’s Fellaini?
  5. Sep 4, 2018

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Presumably any midfielder who is able/willing to run with the ball will be bumped to the right, because they’re technically slow to pass. So that muddies the water.
  6. Sep 4, 2018

meamth Full Member

I presume because Pogba always dwells on the ball and spread it around instead of quick passing. Fair enough.
  7. Sep 4, 2018

padr81 Mr. MoneyBags

Supports:
    Man City
    Interesting to see of the 6 fastest passers with high accuracy, 3 play for us under Pep and we were interested in signing 2 of the other 3 (Fred and Jorginho). The only one in the top 6 we haven't been sniffing about or flat out trying to get is Pereira.

Also interesting to see Liverpool being so slow on the ball. I thought they'd be rapid.
  8. Sep 4, 2018

11101 Full Member

Yeah. Anyone who is above the x axis is a good player, although it helps to have lots of the quick and accurate quadrant grouped together in one team and not a team full of the top right. We clearly have a good midfield in the making with our players, we just need to sort out a few other things.

No surprise to see the league's s***houses in the bottom half.
  9. Sep 4, 2018

scholesyboy18 New Member

It just shows the player does not move the ball quick. It may also show that the team is not trying to move the ball quick, instead take multiple touches.

Also not all play is with running the ball. I would think only a handful players in some situation really need to carry the ball.

Chances of breaking opponent defense is more likely the more quicker the team moves the ball. More the first time passes, higher the chances.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
  10. Sep 4, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Just shows how good David Silva is considering he plays the highest / amongst the most defenders out of the other's in his area.

Good to see Pereira/Fred there, but we know that from watching them. They just need to improve other aspects but they wouldn't look out of place in a Guardiola team.
  11. Sep 4, 2018

CassiusClaymore Is it Gaizka Mendieta? Scout

Yeah Neves position is interesting considering the links to City. Obviously 4 games isn't much of a metric though.
  12. Sep 4, 2018

Don Alfredo Full Member

Supports:
    Germany
    Interesting that City and Utd midfielders are in the "quick and accurate" square and Liverpool and Arsenal midfielders in the "accurate but not quick" square. Chelsea have Jorginho and Kante as "quick and accurate" as well which fits to the perception of Sarriball, only Kovacic belongs to the other group because he is an extreme ball hogger.

With Arsenal I understand accurate but not quick, but with Liverpool I would have really thought different because of their quick breaks, punting it long to Salah/Mane etc.

Maybe the sample size is misleading, 4 games is not much and Liverpool didn't play a big club where they could have specialized on counter attacking all game.
  13. Sep 4, 2018

MUFC OK Full Member

I fear Pereira's chances will be very limited after that one game against Brighton. Want him to push on but realistically Jose will always pick Matic and fellaini ahead of him.
  14. Sep 4, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

Interesting to see Neves on the opposite side.
  15. Sep 4, 2018

AR87 Full Member

He will have the chance to prove an improvement in his defensive awareness and positioning in cup matches. The season is long. Pereira will certainly get more opportunities in the team at which point it's on him to grab the chance.
  16. Sep 4, 2018

Classical Mechanic Full Member

He's not exactly a rushed player and he plays lots of long balls so his pass accuracy is a lower than other players of his type.
  17. Sep 4, 2018

711 Full Member Scout

I'm not sure how much use this table is. As Pogue says a ball-carrier will show up badly, but on the other side of the coin a nervous centre-mid who's scared of making a mistake and immediately passes to the nearest outlet might top the table, even though they're creating nothing.
  18. Sep 4, 2018

whatwha Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

I saw your post brody :p
  19. Sep 4, 2018

redman5 Full Member

In a world of my own. People know me here.
    Interesting that there's not one single player from Watford on that chart. Passing is obviously a thing of the past down at Vicarage Road. They seem to be doing quite well out of it though. Jose take note.
  20. Sep 4, 2018

11101 Full Member

It is better if split in half horizontally rather than quarters. Someone who carries the ball and uses it well will show up in the top right. Someone who takes risks will show up closer to the x axis. It's really only the bottom half players you want to avoid, either quick but inaccurate or just plain rubbish. Surprising to see Eriksen in there but the rest not so much.
  21. Sep 4, 2018

Grylte "nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

That Schneiderlin guy seems alright, maybe we should put in a cheeky bid?
  22. Sep 4, 2018

Minimalist Full Member

Interesting.

Would be better if direction (tough to include here I know) was involved.
    Don’t think a pass % above 80 is bad for any midfielder really.
  23. Sep 4, 2018

Nick7 Full Member

Given he's still quick but not as accurate, I would wager it's more the longer passes he breaks out on the regular that drag him down.
  24. Sep 4, 2018

shamans Hoser

I mean Cleverly would likely be on the quick and accurate end but that doesn't mean much does it
  25. Sep 4, 2018

deafepl Full Member

Fred and Periera are surprisingly one of best quick passers in the league so far considering they play for United's team that is known to like the slow tempo of the game.
  26. Sep 4, 2018

Bubz27 ACMarket employee

Our 2 quickest, most accurate passers have been dropped?
  27. Sep 4, 2018

AgentP Full Member

They will suit the style that we are trying to play in the last 2 games. But with Matic and Fellaini doing well in the last game, it will be a while till these 2 play together again.
  28. Sep 4, 2018

deafepl Full Member

From what I saw, it is right to use Fellaini in the air at the back against Burnley considering they like hoof/crossing which would cause more trouble for our defenders like Lindelof. If teams like Fulham, City, Chelsea, Wolves, etc Fred will start this games, his passing and pressing and have an eye for space to exploit is a huge benefit for us against the type of team like that if they want to dominate the games.
  29. Sep 4, 2018

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

:nervous:
  30. Sep 4, 2018

Jacob Full Member

Doesn't factor in whether the ball is moving in a productive way.... they could all be back passes.
  31. Sep 4, 2018

Kazi Full Member

Charts like that mean absolutely nothing to me
  32. Sep 4, 2018

Hazard Warning New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    As a big fan of stats, I have to say this is one of the most useless metrics I’ve ever seen :lol:

Some Cm’s drive with the ball then release it further up the pitch, creating potential opportunities for teammates (Kovacic, Keita) some are tasked with recycling the ball 2 yards and never take more than a touch before giving it to a teammate.

Anyone attempting to gain any insight into the data presented shouldn’t be watching football.