Premier League Gameweek 15 midweek fixtures (4th, 5th December 2018)

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Utdfrom2002, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Dec 5, 2018

Prometheus Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    We were never going to challenge. It would be tough even with a striker.
  2. Dec 5, 2018

Tommy bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Guendozi a bit naughty then it looked like.
  3. Dec 5, 2018

SquishyMcSquish Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I really don't think there is much between Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea. Wouldn't shock me if any of us miss out.

You're currently on level points with Arsenal (if they manage a point here) and they're in better form.
  4. Dec 5, 2018

SilentWitness ShoelessWitness Staff

Supports:
    Everton
    Terrible game from us that. Typical Everton. We absolutely need a top class striker - I like Calvert-Lewin and Tosun but they're not good enough sadly for our supposed ambitions.

Newcastle are a horrible side though, the ref let them kick lumps into us all game with no repercussions. cnuts.

It's going to be a season of City winning the title and then whoever is less shit than the rest to make up the final european spots.
  5. Dec 5, 2018

ZolaWasMagic New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    we simply need a 20 goal a season striker. I think if you stuck a top class striker in our team we'd be fine. Possibly go for another CB too
  6. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Would you take Lukaku back if United wanted to sell?
  7. Dec 5, 2018

Kostur Full Member

That hair pull :lol: Fellaini's envious of Guendozi's hair.
  8. Dec 5, 2018

padr81 Mr. MoneyBags

Supports:
    Man City
    Fellaini being a dick, tactical foul and a cowardly act.
  9. Dec 5, 2018

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    Fellaini is a dirty cnut
  10. Dec 5, 2018

Cheech Wizard Liverpool fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    United would want to recoup some of that 75m though bit like we did with Benteke.
  11. Dec 5, 2018

SilentWitness ShoelessWitness Staff

Supports:
    Everton
    I think he would perform better in this system than in United's for sure. On a purely footballing basis yes.

Other reasons i.e fee, his ego etc., no.
  12. Dec 5, 2018

Cheech Wizard Liverpool fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    That would have been funny if it wasn't disallowed.
  13. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fair play.
  14. Dec 5, 2018

padr81 Mr. MoneyBags

Supports:
    Man City
    What was Lacazette doing there, how did he think DDG didn't have that under control.
  15. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Sure, but top strikers cost huge money for a reason .. they're not that readily available, both you and United learned that with signing Lukaku and Morata. Going to be very tough to find one, especially if you do miss out on CL football this season.

Costa was perfect for you .. and I still think you should've tried to nick Auba away from Arsenal.
  16. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Damn this game has had some mad moments.
  17. Dec 5, 2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Enjoyable game and fair result in the end, albeit we should have really won this. De Gea is just a class above every keeper in the world when he is on fire.
  18. Dec 5, 2018

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    He gifted you a goal though.
  19. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Above you again, power shift back on.
  20. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Good game, fair result. Some genuinely mad moments.
  21. Dec 5, 2018

Wiltord02 Full Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Fellaini is a absolute ****. Rojo could have been sent off. Neither team can defend well enough.

I will take the point but I don't think we have had an easier game at Old Trafford in 25 years.
  22. Dec 5, 2018

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

Chelsea lost.:D
  23. Dec 5, 2018

Speedy30 Liverpool Fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    6 points between 2 and 3 now, a bit of a gap starting to appear.
    Glad that Arsenal and Chelsea failed to win although I really wanted Chelsea to go up against City with some confidence. Oh well, have to hope for a Hazard masterclass instead
  24. Dec 5, 2018

GNRfan New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    And what about Man Utd? Spent tons too.
  25. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Yeah, they have. But nobody is branding them the heroic enemies of corporatism and the protectors of beautiful football.

This Liverpool side is very expensively assembled but also combines that with being very well coached. You're a really good side, but should not be glorified in a way that makes you seem like Leicester City.
  26. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Spot on.

Honestly, all the hate City get is bollocks if you ask me. It's selective morality at its finest. Their owners are fecked up, but so what? Pretty much every piece of clothing & every electronic device you own comes, at least in part, from some VERY questionable sources (like Foxconn). But no-one spares them much of a thought because we all want those shiny gadgets in our life. However, when it's something we don't want (a rivals success), it suddenly becomes a lot easier to take the moral high ground & go "HURR DURR OIL MONEY!"

Y'know what? I hope the next oil country that fancies buying a club buys us. I mean, anything that adds to my entertainment is a good thing the way I see it.
  27. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Tottenham
    tbh I really hate City and have posted at length about that, I do genuinely think they're a big problem for the league. I agree that it's easy to take the moral high ground when it's a rival, but equally I don't think that this discounts from the fact that City's owners are properly horrible.

But the fact is that not a single Premier League club (at least, not the top ones) are ran by morally virtuous hippies, we're all corporate sellouts ran by billionaires. I do think City stand out as the worst of the bunch, but portraying Liverpool as the plucky underdog with no money is pretty vomit inducing.
  28. Dec 5, 2018

Guoan New Member

Supports:
    Beijing Guoan
    Burnley are in deep trouble. The football they play is terribly outdated yet Dyche sees no reason to change it.
  29. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Agree with everything except the hate of City. I kinda like em. They're fun to watch, at least.
  30. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Oh yeah, if you're looking at it purely from a footballing perspective they're fantastic.

Incredibly well coached side packed with talent who make premier league football look a piece of piss most weeks. They're ridiculous.
  31. Dec 5, 2018

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    A bit of a gap forming between the top two and the rest.
  32. Dec 5, 2018

Pfmpd New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I don't understand this, the ref let them kick lumps out of us...

No, your players let them. Same with Liverpool tonight. Burnley were going in with 100% aggression. The players need to grow.a pair and smash them back if the ref is having it.
  33. Dec 5, 2018

Bobski Full Member

Not surprised to see Chelsea drop off recently. Still in transition really and while their early season results were impressive there were still plenty of flaws. The runs that both Arsenal and Chelsea have been on do show that you don't have to an exceptional team to put a lot of wins together in this league. Some confidence and momentum can take you a long way, it is why Utd are by no means out of the top 4 race yet.
  34. Dec 5, 2018

Skills Snitch

Liverpool's results are worrying me. This City side haven't had to respond to any kind of pressure since we bent over for them at Old Trafford last season, so I don't know how they'll react if Liverpool stay on their coattails.

The only time they looked fallible last season was when we were still within punching distance. As soon as they beat us at Old Trafford, they just started pissing it free from any pressure.
  35. Dec 5, 2018

the_irish123 New Member

8 points away from 5th place.

Nice
  36. Dec 5, 2018

ShadesOfTomato Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Keita looked like he took us up a level today. His and Fabinho's integration could be a real catalyst for this Liverpool team, after an already brilliant start. We 100% have another couple of gears left to crank up.
  37. Dec 5, 2018

Borussin Full Member

Supports:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why do so many Liverpool fans hang out on an United formum when they are playing? I can't imaging ever hanging out on a Schalke forum when Dortmund play :D Just kinda curious really. I can not figure out one reason to be hanging out on the enemy forum when your own team is playing a match. Do United fans hang out on Liverpool forums so much? Maybe it's an English thing!
  38. Dec 5, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    A few reasons.

Firstly, it's likely the best football forum on the web, & second, the only halfway decent Liverpool site is the official one, and I can't be bothered paying for that anymore.

Thirdly, and most importantly, is that this place has a shed load of fans from lots of different clubs, making it more entertaining to discuss football as a whole. Talking about your own team on your own forum results in a lot of downplaying of your opponents/rivals, while needlessly hyping up every thing your players do when things are going well, and trashing them when things aren't. If anything, posting here as a non-United fan likely makes me more critical & objective of my own team, and the fact it's a rivals forum means that there's bound to be some bias against us, meaning I have to pair my natural urge to defend the team with my somewhat enforced criticism.

(Actually, honestly, a big part of it is because I can't deal with OTT fandom that's often part & parcel of being around the hardcore fans. I'm a fan of football before Liverpool, and while I know that grates a lot of people the wrong way, frankly, I don't care :D)

Terribly worded, but I hope that makes some sense, at least.
  39. Dec 6, 2018

ShadesOfTomato Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    1) This is one of the most active, well moderated and generally normal football forums on the net.

2) This section of the forum is specifically for general footballing matters and so attracts fans from all over. You being one (why else would a Dortmund fan post on a Man Utd forum I could ask?).
  40. Dec 6, 2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    The most important thing is to finish in the Champions League, not above you.
  41. Dec 6, 2018

Supports:
    Tottenham
    It was a comment meant in jest .. mainly aimed at the many Arsenal fans on social media (that wanker DT in particular) who bang on about 'WHAT POWER SHIFT!!!!' every time you win a game against us.