Ravel Morrison | Sold to West Ham

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by ArmchairCritic, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Jan 31, 2012

BaldwinLegend Full Member

Heartbreaking though - if he had any sense, and the right attitude, he'd stay and play for peanuts to try and get into the team...
  2. Jan 31, 2012

Agent Red Full Member

Jumping on the bandwagon here. Players are only as good as their attitudes, and his is clearly a problem.

Look at the toxicity a player like Tevez has caused to his respective clubs. We don't want some upstart like Morrison trying to upset the apple cart here.

I normally don't like to wish ill on players, but I hope he does fail. His attitude has shown everything that's wrong with football-greed, disloyalty, stupidity etc. He shouldn't be rewarded for it and I don't think he will be. I'd be surprised if he becomes a top player now.
  3. Jan 31, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Says a lot for Fergie that he even gives a feck whether he's looked after or not. Wouldn't surprise me if he's accepted this move deliberately to let him go down South with Big Sam, and advised Morrison to take it.

Hope his mates and all the spastic hanger-ons are happy. From what Fergie has said it's the effect of being around Manchester that has caused his problems. Pity it's come to this, but it'll be his loss more than ours. Even if he is a success elsewhere, being a success for another club pales in significance with being a success for Manchester United.
  4. Jan 31, 2012

holdsteady Hates Sir Alex Ferguson

If Fergie has moved the player because he actually fears that he will wind up dead or in jail then I will gladly apologize for what I said.

Still...

...why not loan him then...
  5. Jan 31, 2012

gulli_G Full Member

fergie has a good relationship with big sam, u never know, when he realises his msitake, there might be chance for him back, with fergie's comments, he could have berated him, but seems fergie let him off the hook lightly.
  6. Jan 31, 2012

Colin129 Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Looks like the perpetrator's been deleted too...
  7. Jan 31, 2012

acrebo Full Member

SAF's comments seem to suggest that, despite all attempts, he just couldn't break the hold that his mates and bad influences had on him within Manchester. No amount of money or first team football is going to change that.

Apparently he's already on Twitter trolling nonsense. Welcome to London.
  8. Jan 31, 2012

RyanGoggs Insists on dating women in public places - for the

Welbeck?
  9. Jan 31, 2012

Wowi Rød grød med fløde

Think he was referring to Morrison
  10. Jan 31, 2012

Heardy Full Member

I think he means welbeck offers us the chance for a local lad to succeed
  11. Jan 31, 2012

Wowi Rød grød med fløde

I know ;)
  12. Jan 31, 2012

Dion Full Member

France is kind of local.
  13. Jan 31, 2012

RyanGoggs Insists on dating women in public places - for the

Exactly.

Welbeck offers us the local pride and potential world class talent without the agro. I really do think it is morrisons loss rather than ours
  14. Jan 31, 2012

Still ill Full Member

Anyone else just relieved? Different for the lads who've watched him come through the ranks, but my experience of Ravel has been one shitty story after another, each one, Gospel or not, another grubby stain on the shirt. Plenty of young lads about who give a shit. Not going to miss speculating on the veracity or otherwise of the latest brattish outburst. Hope he grows up, hope he has a career, glad we pulled the plug.
  15. Jan 31, 2012

Decotron Full Member

Sky saying Bolton had a bid accepted as well
  16. Jan 31, 2012

TheHorse'sMouth Full Member

I'd like to see him do well for England's sake. Maybe this is what he needs..as long as he doesn't get involved with any of the gangs in East London and concentrates on his football, it could be the making of him. Good luck to him I say.
  17. Jan 31, 2012

Ole's_toe_poke Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Seems even after he's been a dick, the club has still looked out for his best interests by sending him to a manager SAF feels will help him.
  18. Jan 31, 2012

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

If we were going to sell him, I think West Ham is a good destination, both for Morrison and for us. I'm sure we have a juicy sell-on clause in there and if he fulfils his massive potential we should stand to make good money as I doubt he'd stay there. Plus there's the fact that it's a new start for a player who clearly needs it.
  19. Jan 31, 2012

AlwaysRedwood Banned

Easy decision. That says it all.
  20. Jan 31, 2012

Red Hand Devil Plan M ish

"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
    Totally agree man, look what happened to Gazza when he went to Spurs instead of us too. He's regretted that ever since because of all the distractions a Capital like London can offer. Morrison wants all the benefits that the modern game has to offer - without actually earning any of it. I hope we have a first-refusal clause in the deal, because if that lad sorts himself out - he'll be a world-beater & its a massive loss for us. He wont be at West Ham too long thats for sure, but still good that Big Sam will try to look after him!

Still cant believe a United fan would show this type of disrespect to the club & Fergie, its beyond bizarre that you wouldnt play for free at the club you supposedly love, all the rewards will come to you at a club like United. You'd think he would have taken all the advice Rio, Giggsy & the coaches have been giving him. Seems to have fallen on deaf ears unfortunately :devil:

Wish he had of went out on loan, but maybe he didnt want that because of the amounts of money on offer gettin a permanent deal. Just heard a while ago on Sky Sports News the deal to West Ham is £650k fee with add-ons upto £2m & he allegedly has it in his contract to earn £65k a week if the Hammers get promoted to the Prem this season. Mental money for 19yr old if true!
  21. Jan 31, 2012

Mainoldo Full Member

Don't you feckers all seem like twats now!!!

Like reported early it seems like the lad seen a nice little get out with his contract running short. Not a get out from United but a way to get rid of his bad influence friends who know don't have been riding this guys rise from the get go. As easy as it might seem getting out of a gang isn't as simple as see you later guys I'm trying to do something with my life. Jay z once said he's always got love for his best friends because they actually stayed away from him because they know just from him being around them he was likely to end up in trouble.
  22. Jan 31, 2012

Lance Uppercut Loves turn based games

:lol:
  23. Jan 31, 2012

Brophs The one and only

Ravel's got ninety nine problems but the pitch ain't one.
  24. Jan 31, 2012

SteveJ all-round nice guy

Farewell, Nosferatu.
  25. Jan 31, 2012

People need to lay off Ravel, and also lay off United who clearly have good reasons to let him go.

I hope he does fulfil his undoubted potential.
  26. Jan 31, 2012

ArmchairCritic You got pets me too mines are dead

Hmmmm, works for the Daily Mail:

Would make sense, we'll have to wait I guess to see if it's the case. Maybe that's why it was an easy decision for SAF.

https://twitter.com/#!/SamiMokbel81_DM
  27. Jan 31, 2012

NewDawnFades Full Member

No buy back clause at all nah?
  28. Jan 31, 2012

Surely incorporates a sell-on % if we don't buy back (very unlikely we will)... would hope so, anyway.
  29. Jan 31, 2012

Well that's what I thought but this guy who seems well connected reckons we've got one. First option is slightly different to a buy back I think.
  30. Jan 31, 2012

Legend16 Full Member

:lol: thats the best and most spot on comment on the situation I've heard yet
  31. Jan 31, 2012

Vidic_In_Moscow Full Member

At least I can get to watch him play now.. it's almost like a loan but if he does crap then we keep the moneys. A change of scenery might help him mature a bit, if he actually needs to, I'm just going by what people here say about his character..
  32. Jan 31, 2012

Olly Ought to be paid for his graphic services

But can he live?
  33. Jan 31, 2012

Mainoldo Full Member

It's just D'Evils me thinks..
  34. Jan 31, 2012

There ain't no love in the heart of the city.
  35. Jan 31, 2012

NewDawnFades Full Member

I know it seems really unlikely but he's 18. In 5/6 years time he'll be a different player and we will potentially have a different manager with a new perspective. It'd seem silly not to include something for us to get first dibs when he could easily end up at City or Chelsea.
  36. Jan 31, 2012

I'm always right Banned

Lay off ladies, judging by SAF's comments this is the best move for Ravel's career and more importantly his life.

Best of luck to him.
  37. Jan 31, 2012

SteveJ all-round nice guy

TheBig_Sam

Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fecking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. fecking hell

He also seems to have a fake passport on his person at all times. The name on it is Mavel Rorrison. This boy is gonna need a lot of work.
  38. Jan 31, 2012

I've never heard of buy-back clauses in England (deals between English clubs) perhaps we agreed the First Option deal after (part of an unofficial agreement for the transfer). Fudge knows.
  39. Jan 31, 2012

Edmeiste Banned

that's what came to mind at the time
  40. Jan 31, 2012

Vidic_In_Moscow Full Member

Big Sam would probably allow a clause whereby he has to kiss Fergie's balls to get Morrison.