Ravel Morrison | Sold to West Ham

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by ArmchairCritic, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Nov 4, 2011

gooDevil Worst scout ever

I agree with Edmeiste that without the backing of his own club's supporters he's got no chance.
  2. Nov 4, 2011

datura Full Member

I'm not too sure he cares! It's the support of the club and SAF that is most important.
  3. Nov 4, 2011

Striker10 "Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

That's a bit dramatic but if we thought Rooney was under scrutiny then it won't be easy. He's made a bit of a rod for his own back I think
  4. Nov 4, 2011

Varun Wants the D...

Not at all. supporters are a fickle bunch, like it or not. most players know that whether or no they say it. he'd be more concerned about support from within the club, Sir Alex specially.
  5. Nov 4, 2011

mariachi-19 Full Member

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
    But thats the thing, he has the support of the fans. So much so that they do their nut when he does something wrong. More then anything I think the fans want him to step up and be the player he can be, but they get upset when certain things arise in the media.
  6. Nov 4, 2011

Edmeiste Banned

Perfectly understood. Just don't feel it warrants some of the overreaction. Not condoning his actions but hoping people actually choose to understand rather than just sit back and criticize.
  7. Nov 4, 2011

Edmeiste Banned

I never said us as supporters. I'm talking solely about inside the club. Like someone mentioned, we as fans are too fickle so I wouldn't really count that. It's support within the club that he continually needs. We (as supporters) cant offer him any guidance. Although, it doesn't help when you have supporters telling to go play for city. It's madness. They don't realize what impact their words have. Thankfully I think Ravel wasn't too affected by it.
  8. Nov 4, 2011

Red Hand Devil Plan M ish

"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
    Waste of time you saying that to him then eh? ;)
  9. Nov 4, 2011

gooDevil Worst scout ever

I'm probably being a bit dramatic.

Have we had many players, though, that have been disliked by the supporters and gone on to succeed? Maybe people wouldn't say they dislike him, but if people want him thrown in jail, or think he's lucky not to be there, when the details of the court cases doesn't bare that out,if they think that his comments on twitter are something to get upset about, that sure sounds like they've decided they don't like him already.

He may well not care at all what anyone thinks, but my thought was that if he's hounded from every angle, if he can't even find reprieve among United supporters, he will just decide to go somewhere else where he won't have to deal with being a pariah.
  10. Nov 4, 2011

Edmeiste Banned

As long as he wasn too badly affected by it. Hard to tell but he seems okay. Question is should he really have to encounter something like that
  11. Nov 4, 2011

Sparky_Hughes Donkey Buggering Tyrant who cheats at Monopoly

He's a teenager, tenagers are slightly retarded......too many hormones or something :)

Give him time.
  12. Nov 4, 2011

No not at all man, but you know how folk are when they see how players react negatively to not playing etc. He's only a young lad & the pressure he must be under from our lot must be intense. Just hope the club gets him sorted & not just for football reasons either!
  13. Nov 4, 2011

[​IMG]

:drool:
  14. Nov 4, 2011

Edmeiste Banned

I'm sure they will but ultimately it's going to need to come from Ravel himself. They can tell him all they want to tell him but until he fully realizes what a blessing it is to be in this position, we might get situations like this from time to time. A part of it is maturity so in time, I think he'll be alright. He's cleaned up his act pretty well from what I've seen so far.
  15. Nov 4, 2011

pillory Full Member

It's possible he at least partly enjoys it. He has retweeted nasty allegations before, and today we have him replying with a smiley to a guy who called him a tit, and he retweeted "Wayne give this gimp a good crack in training or when he's next cleaning your boots!!".

And someone he knows asked if he was coming for dinner on Saturday or Sunday, and he said Sunday, which obviously means he'll be busy at OT on Saturday.
  16. Nov 4, 2011

Edmeiste Banned

Ah didn't know that. I guess all is well then.
  17. Nov 4, 2011

Tibs Full Member

Rooneys reply was class - one of the smartest things he's ever posted on Twitter
  18. Nov 4, 2011

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

That watch is absolutely magnificent. It's about $20k, isn't it?
  19. Nov 4, 2011

Yeah it surely is lovely man & yeah its about that price sadly. fecking worth it if you have that sort of walking around money :drool:
  20. Nov 4, 2011

SteveJ all-round nice guy

Pah, I've had better watches from Matalan! Ok, so the hands fell off within a week, and my wrist turned green when it rained, but still... :D
  21. Nov 4, 2011

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    There's no way this kid is disliked. There's one or two idiots that say he should be thrown in prison etc. but I think a lot of people get angry at him because they're desperate to see him do well. I guarantee that everyone will be raving about him once he breaks through.
  22. Nov 4, 2011

Classy Cannon Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the

I reckon SAF is close to unleashing Ravel :-!
  23. Nov 4, 2011

Escobar Poster originally known as Michel04

I can see Fergie unleashing the hairdryer in a way he will be deaf on both ears for 3 weeks
  24. Nov 4, 2011

Garethw Full Member

For the sake of his career he needs to keep his opinions to himself.
  25. Nov 4, 2011

Hublot watches are generally magnificent and this one is a level above. You cam get a replica at $118 online which is good value, I think I might actually get it. :lol:
  26. Nov 4, 2011

Easy V Full Member

I bought a replica one last year when on holiday in Bulgaria, only cost me £40 and surprisingly it still works just fine haha. Got great weight to it and looks great. Only difference is that, the silver bits on the dial and the 2 buttons of the original, are black on mine and the ends of the buttons are red, not black. Thought it was a great find.
  27. Nov 4, 2011

Good one. I have dozens of Chinese replicas at home because my brother imported them and thought that he could sell them legally in Poland but it turned out that since 2007 it's illegal to sell replicas even if you emphasize the fact that it's a replica. No Hublots though. :(
  28. Nov 5, 2011

Art Art the artist

Buying Hublot watches in Bulgaria on a holiday in a Ravel Morrison thread. I feel so proud. Only the caf' can go off topic like this. :)
  29. Nov 5, 2011

jb8521 Full Member

how about people actually calm d feck down and stop jumping to conclusions and actually realise that he rarely actually talks about football or the club on his twitter the only thing he has said even linked to the club when he said he was excited about tomorrow before the cc match. misinterpretation seems to cause a lot of problems for ravel but to be fair to him he is growing up and for the amount of random and unreasonable abuse he gets on twitter I think hes showing a fairly cool head and just telling people to get on with it and sending a :) so fair play 2 him for it
  30. Nov 5, 2011

NJ1979 Full Member

I remember when Giggs first broke through he wasn't even allowed to speak, let alone broadcast every little sulk to thousands of followers. Be a lot simpler if we could adopt the same approach with Ravel. I don't actually think him having a strop now and then is too much to be concerned about at this stage, it's just the fact that they're publicised that's the issue.
  31. Nov 6, 2011

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

Let's go :lol:
  32. Nov 6, 2011

Minkaro Full Member

Was considering pasting that. Stupid boy's forgotten who he is.
  33. Nov 6, 2011

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Why's Ravel Morrison calling Rio rav?
  34. Nov 6, 2011

Sir A1ex Full Member

Wasn't on the bench then...
  35. Nov 7, 2011

holdsteady Hates Sir Alex Ferguson

I think Ravel didn't know how to reply to a DM so he just pasted what rio sent him and replied yes.
  36. Nov 7, 2011

Sir Matt Full Member

Is Rio following Ravel? He can't DM him if he isn't. Or Ravel is just a plodder.
  37. Nov 7, 2011

Drainy Full Member

He's giving some love to Dean Gorre, he was a very good player for Huddersfield Town back in the day.
    When they almost went bankrupt I used to go to almost every game to help them out since they are my dad's team and he was one of my favourite players for them.

Ravel must be friends with his son Kenji who plays for the academy.
  38. Nov 7, 2011

Sir Matt Full Member

39. Nov 7, 2011

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

It's evidently possible that Ravel forgot he wasn't Rio Ferdinand talking to Ravel Morrison. He could very well be that dumb.
  40. Nov 7, 2011

Ubik Full Member

Other way round, Rio can DM him, Ravel can't DM back.