Ravel Morrison | Sold to West Ham

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by ArmchairCritic, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Nov 30, 2011

SteveJ all-round nice guy

Wow, I wish I could write propur Inglish liek dem Sun jurnalistz does...
  2. Nov 30, 2011

Carl has permanently erect nipples

He's on!
  3. Nov 30, 2011

Rado_N Grinner ruined my tagline

Some of the match thread reactions are quite amusing, making the lad out to be the saviour over even mundane things.
  4. Nov 30, 2011

Walrus Oppressed White Male

The new cleverley
  5. Nov 30, 2011

Big-Red Tall ginger

:lol::lol:

I dare not look. I will say that he hasn't looked any worse than what we've got from the bit he's played.
  6. Nov 30, 2011

Commadus Banned

He loves a flick
  7. Nov 30, 2011

Ole'sbodyguard Full Member

Morrison's hardly been in the game IMO. Not that he is not in good company but proof that his hasalot of learning left with his development.
  8. Nov 30, 2011

Some nice touches and good movement from him. Promising.
  9. Nov 30, 2011

gza the genius Full Member

He's playing the same role Berba was playing, and neither of them got any service, and neither of them have had in form wingers to work with. You can't really judge him too much based on that 45 minutes.
  10. Nov 30, 2011

samabachan Banned

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
    Nowhere up to speed with senior football yet. Always thinks he has a lot more time on the ball than he does.
  11. Nov 30, 2011

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

Showed his technical ability on a couple of occasions. Judge him like a up and coming young player please.
  12. Nov 30, 2011

One or two good touches but he's hardly done anything of note since he has that early shot saved. There's been poorer players than him(Valencia, and Diouf) but you can see why Fergie is holding him back.
  13. Nov 30, 2011

unitedbhoy Full Member

But a lot of poster here seem to believe that himself and Pogba are good enough to just stroll into our first 11.
  14. Nov 30, 2011

Rado_N Grinner ruined my tagline

This is the problem with promising youngsters, people get excited about their potential for the future and because it's often discussed the hype grows and people's expectations reach crazy heights. Morrison looks class but he's a long way away from slotting into the first team, he lacks experience and needs a loan yet.
  15. Nov 30, 2011

Walrus Oppressed White Male

I think he's looked good tonight, although not had much of the ball after the fist 10 mins when he came on.
  16. Nov 30, 2011

Credit to him for his Extra Time performance. Looked like the only 1 who waned the ball.
  17. Nov 30, 2011

Big-Red Tall ginger

Was coming here to say the same thing.
  18. Nov 30, 2011

His play in that 2nd extra time was probably the best patch from any of our players in that game. Overall we were just dire and he seemed the only one capable of retaining possession and advancing the ball forward.
  19. Nov 30, 2011

ArmchairCritic You got pets me too mines are dead

Yup looked like the only one who was going to make anything happen, had no movement from anyone to work with. He had little width to work with too with Diouf on one flank and Valencia on the other keen to tuck (and congest the midfield even more) in for 115 mins.
  20. Nov 30, 2011

I disagree I think everyone wanted the ball. Like everyone else struggled to make an impact and left with a ponderous display from United against a compact and hard working team. One of those nights I'm afraid. Nearly everyone ran out of ideas in the extra time period. More frustrated with the performances of Valencia, Park, Diouf and our tactical changes never worked all night.
  21. Nov 30, 2011

Raven Blade Dull

Agreed. He'll learn a lot from this humbling experience. I was impressed by the way he didn't roll over and die like some others. At the very least he tried, and kept trying to force something late on. We just weren't at it.
  22. Nov 30, 2011

Phil Full Member

Looks like a really good "in the hole" type. Shame there was no movement, anywhere.
  23. Nov 30, 2011

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Morrison and Pogba coming on gave United better possession. However there was not much coming through from the left wing. Diouf, and Macheda had bad games.
  24. Nov 30, 2011

SharkyMcShark Horrified

Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
    I'd like to see him and Hernandez in the team together.
  25. Nov 30, 2011

Valencia on the right was no better, we were crying out for another winger to be brought on but unfortunately the twinjuries made this impossible.
  26. Nov 30, 2011

gooDevil Worst scout ever

He looked fair what I saw, wanted the ball, good balance and decent passing. Not much penetration, but then who showed any?
  27. Nov 30, 2011

It was very congested though, he did the right things but passing instead of running but there was very little movement around him to allow him to attack any space.
  28. Nov 30, 2011

I like him.
  29. Nov 30, 2011

De Selby Likes them tattooed and bald

I thought he did well.

As others have said, he was constantly looking to get on the ball and create. Shame the movement ahead of him was nonexistent.
  30. Nov 30, 2011

Stobzilla Official Team Perv

It's difficult to know where to try and fit him in with regards to the first team. Will it work for him coming in from the left ?
  31. Nov 30, 2011

Does he actually have pace on him? Didn't seem to run with the ball much which would make it hard for him to play in wide positions for us.
  32. Nov 30, 2011

Yes, surprised Diouf ended up on the left to be honest because Ravel is more than capable out wide, he would have offered us some natural width too.
  33. Nov 30, 2011

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

Encouraging. Struggled with the pace of the game a bit but tonight will be a great experience for him. At the very least it will ground him a bit, and give him an idea of the massive difference in pace between reserve and first team football.
  34. Nov 30, 2011

Colin129 Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    There a people in this thread who have hyped him up into the new messiah.

He didn't do a great deal wrong, he linked some play. Didn't really run at anyone, does he do that? Seemed to lack confidence & played the simple pass.

Nothing wrong with playing it simple, but did he create anything in particular?
  35. Nov 30, 2011

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

Would be very interesting to see him play with some decent forwards to actually move ahead of him and get involved in his neat one-twos.

Sad he had to come on for Berbatov, one of the few players who could probably get on his wavelength.
  36. Nov 30, 2011

Edmeiste Banned

I think he's the closest one to being ready for first team football. He was much better than some of the first teamers out there! That's all you need to know. Pogba can wait. Ravel is just about there. When does the FA cup start?
  37. Nov 30, 2011

Ash_G Full Member

I thought he played well and had he been playing with our more inform/better players he'd have really stood out. He always showed for the ball, bar a few loose passes he passed it neatly and cleverly, he seems pretty mature and doesn't hold on to the ball too long etc and had good ideas/awareness of what was around him. I think he could either play at the head of a three in the middle, or as one of the wide players in a 3. In our standard formation though because you know he'd be looking to come inside as long as the other wing kept his width and the fall back got forward he could work fine. Unfortunately though we're not playing well enough in the league to risk him, though with the form valencia's in, I wouldn't mind him on the bench to see what he can do if we're comfortable. It's a shame we haven't secured qualification in europe as we could have given him a game there.
  38. Nov 30, 2011

Did anyone create anything for us tonight, Ravel wasn't brilliant tonight but it's always a good sign when a young player is always showing for ball and looking to make something happen. I also prefer it if a young player plays the simple pass, midfield was way too congested and our frontline way too static for anything inventive.
  39. Nov 30, 2011

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

Agree. Spent too much of the game chasing after the ball i felt, and none of our midfielders with the exception of Gibson seemed to have the ability to find him when he was in space. I'd really like to see him in a stronger 11 who can pass and move a bit better but not sure how likely this is to happen anytime soon, especially now we've gone out of this competition.
  40. Nov 30, 2011

Devil may care Full Member

He did ok I think, would love to see him play in a front line with 3 senior players, there were a couple of times tonight his thinking was too quick for the ones around him.