Ravel Morrison | Sold to West Ham

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by ArmchairCritic, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Nov 4, 2011

Number7 Ret's Slave

Perhaps the best growing up he could do would be infront of 75,000 people who'll let him know if he gets too cocky. Seriously this guy must be braindead. I'm convinced he'd be getting chances right now if Fergie thought he could trust him.
  2. Nov 4, 2011

noodlehair "It's like..."

Always thought the best solution to troublesome players was just to keep them happy and out of bother by letting them play. At the moment he isn't playing at all. He's not been dropped to the team below as punishment, and it's definitely not because he isn't good enough. He's just not being played at all.

No way to know what's going on or what the real reason is for him not playing, but I can't believe it'd just be to teach him a lesson, because that makes absolutely no sense. Take someone who's a problem when they get pissed off and deliberately piss them off? What lesson would that teach him exactly? How to find a new club?

Players throw strops all the fecking time.
  3. Nov 4, 2011

Rado_N Grinner ruined my tagline

So you're saying it's the club's fault for now bowing down to him?
  4. Nov 4, 2011

Raven Blade Dull

It seems like it. Teasing us with his holiday plans rather than hinting at leaving. Acting the fool because he didn't come off the bench was a dumb move though, but I understand his desire to play. He's too good to sit on his arse.

On a side note, well done to Ravel for getting selected in the England U19's squad. That's the kind of news we want to hear more often.
  5. Nov 4, 2011

datura Full Member

To be honest his lack of reserve minutes makes no sense at all and I can understand his frustration. He was deemed good enough to make the first team squad and play a decent cameo in the Carling Cup, yet he's been on the bench for most of the reserve games of late in favour of players not picked for the Carling Cup squad.

Obviously he is unwise in the way that he expresses his frustration but like all players, he wants to play.

However immature people think he may seem off the pitch, on the pitch it's a completely different matter. He's talked about so much for a reason, he's an incredible talent and may be a bit arrogant, but which top players aren't? If you don't have great self belief then you are at the wrong club in United.
  6. Nov 4, 2011

Why would they need to bow down to him? Nobody even knows why he hasn't been playing. There's probably a better reason for him not playing than to teach him a lesson for being a nuisance or unhappy at not playing though, because that just makes no sense. It'd achieve nothing other than to piss him off, and I doubt the United coaching staff are morons.
  7. Nov 4, 2011

Well you seem to suggest that they've done something wrong in not playing him, whilst at the same time admitted none of us know exactly why they've done that. You say it's silly to not play him when they know that doing so will piss him off, which suggested you advocate playing him just to avoid pissing him off. That seems like bowing down to him, no?
  8. Nov 4, 2011

gza the genius Full Member

Don't you find it all a bit strange though? He isn't playing for the reserves, and it clearly isn't because of a lack of talent. I wouldn't think its down to punishment either because if it was why would he have been involved for Aldershot. It really doesn't make much sense and I can understand why he would be frustrated.
  9. Nov 4, 2011

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

He's out of contract in 2014 by the way
  10. Nov 4, 2011

ArmchairCritic No

I'm just going to let this play out rather than come to any sweeping judgements, nothing's a given with Ravel other than he's extremely talented and a bit mental. He will mature though, let's just hope it's sooner rather than later.
  11. Nov 4, 2011

Sure, but I don't know the reasoning behind it so I would.

I know who's judgement I trust, though.
  12. Nov 4, 2011

Eyepopper Lowering the tone since 2006

Tell him to use his phone for something useful like looking up Neville, Scholes, Giggs & Beckhams trohphy haul on wiki.

Then smack him, hard, in the face.
  13. Nov 4, 2011

No. If he's good enough to play he plays, and he's blatantly good enough. That's not bowing down to anyone. It's just taking the sensible option which suits everyone and keeps the player happy. It's what United always do with players who are good enough so this doesn't really make any sense, and there must be more to it than him simply being punished.

It could be anything...fitness, some other issue we don't know about...could just be that the club want to limit his exposure until he matures a bit more. It'll be a bit more thought out than "we'll teach him a lesson, lets piss him off by leaving him on the bench again"...something like that wouldn't go on three games in a row and be spaced out between him being promoted to and given a decent run out for the first team squad, for a start.

and there's not really anything wrong with him being pissed off not to be brought on. Any footballer worth their salt wants to play even if there's a perfectly valid reason for them not to. Just a shame they're allowed access to fecking twitter.
  14. Nov 4, 2011

Has anyone actually suggested that he's been left out just to teach him a lesson and piss him off, or are you now doing what you professed to dislike in that other thread and arguing against a non existent point?

Whatever the reasons for leaving him out, his response isn't justified, which is all anyone is really saying. The kid's a grade A idiot, no matter how talented he is.
  15. Nov 4, 2011

Drainy Full Member

I agree. His lack of game time this season is appalling, and he must be gutted about it. At least he's passionate about playing.
  16. Nov 4, 2011

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    The most obvious answer is that he was in contention for the weekend and they wanted to make sure he was definitely available and didn't pick up any knocks. If this is the case then obviously we didn't make him aware.

Pogba was in for the 90 tonight so he probably wasn't going to feature. Maybe they were giving Ravel a chance since Pogba made the bench on Wednesday.
  17. Nov 4, 2011

pocco loco

The kid is being a kid. Nothing more, nothing less. They're not all going to be well behaved and professional at his age.
  18. Nov 4, 2011

All the other kids coming through seem to manage it well enough.
  19. Nov 4, 2011

datura Full Member

Come on Nick, everyone is different. I am sure they all express frustration at some point, just as the senior players do. Some are more demonstrative then others, it depends on their personality.
  20. Nov 4, 2011

pocco loco

They dont sound off on twitter, but I bet there's been tantrums and stuff in amongst them lot. Like I said though, they're not all the same.

At the end of the day, I think ravel senses he's on the verge of the first team squad and wanted to make an impression tonight. He'll see it as though that chance was unfairly taken away from him. I'd be fuming too if I was him, but that's just to be expected if you ask me.
  21. Nov 4, 2011

Ubik Full Member

Dread to think what would've happened if Rooney'd had twitter aged 18.
  22. Nov 4, 2011

I'm not even arguing with anyone. You tried to put words in my mouth about having a go at United's coaching staff, which I never did.

Players throw strops all the time, as do kids. Ravel Morrison is both of these things. Climb all over his back before he's even been given an opportunity why don't you?
  23. Nov 4, 2011

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

Some people are only angels on Redcafe/Twitter :rolleyes:
  24. Nov 4, 2011

Almost certainly, but they don't do it publicly. If they did I'd say exactly the same thing. In Morrison's case after his history you'd expect him to keep his bloody head down and get on with trying to make an impression the right way. On the field he looks top class, he just needs his off pitch maturity to catch up fast.

I didn't put words in your mouth at all, I asked you a question because I wasn't sure what you were driving at with your first post, you seemed to be saying that because he gets pissed off when he doesn't play he should be played to avoid that. If that's not what you were saying then fine, all I did was ask the question.

I'm not climbing all over his back either, don't be so dramatic, I'm simply saying that he needs to sort his head out and fix his shitty attitude.
  25. Nov 4, 2011

datura Full Member

Most of them don't use twitter! Again, it's also never entirely sure what the context is either, people read into it what they want and not always what was intended.
  26. Nov 4, 2011

True, but he's certainly not helping himself, and the fact that Rooney replied (who doesn't even follow him) suggests it's not only people on here who are reading in to it. Like I said when you have the history he does you'd make damn sure you keep yourself to yourself.

As for climbing on his back, he's getting some shit on twitter:

"your a fecking disgrace to the football club you little cnut! feck off and play for city you little prick! #sellout"

Mentalists.
  27. Nov 4, 2011

holdsteady Hates Sir Alex Ferguson

So we've had 2 weeks of people crying that our team is gutless, passionless, and lacks creativity.

Now, a local lad, the most interesting talent we've had since Giggs, and who played 30 minutes in the first team is stuck on the bench in the ressies and he gets upset is a prick? By all accounts, Ravel has turned a corner and ended the worst of his previous transgressions. But evidently, he will be tainted forever by what he did at 16 and 17.

The truth is the last twent years of this club is built on the backs of arrogant people. Fergie, Cantona, Keane. If Ravel thinks he's better than the vast majority of players and wants to play every minute of every game then let him express himself on the pitch. But the way some of you are going on about it, you'd rather see him fecked off.
  28. Nov 4, 2011

Well yes. If he's good enough to play and gets pissed off when he isn't played, the obvious solution for all parties is to play him. That's, well...obvious. It's hardly bowing down to him is it? It's just non spastic managing.

There's probably a decent reason he's being left out and he simply threw a strop because he was hoping to come on. Much in the same way adult players often throw strops when they get taken off. It's hardly anything to get up in arms about.

It's certainly not ideal to have a young player on the books with a fiery temperament, who's yet to even break into the team, being followed around the internet and leaned on/judged by thousands of gimps. But then twitter...what can you do? People would do well to realise how few people his age have actually grown up or sorted their head out yet.
  29. Nov 4, 2011

kf Full Member

seems to be get noodles night tonight...

As for young master Master Morrison... he's got the makings of a great player and there's a lot of great players who've been off field dickheads
  30. Nov 4, 2011

Decotron Full Member

I think its time we ban the internet
  31. Nov 4, 2011

datura Full Member

I'm not saying it wasn't I'll advised..Rooney could have just been taking the piss, again hard to know the intent often.
  32. Nov 4, 2011

Giving him what he wants to stop him getting pissed off isn't bowing down to him? Ok.

I really don't know what you're advocating here, noodle. It seems you're saying he should play all the time so as not to piss him off, but then again you say there will be good reason for not playing him. And if non spastic managing is playing him to keep him happy, then that surely means that what has gone on recently is by your definition, spastic management.
  33. Nov 4, 2011

Lance Uppercut Full Member

Playing troublemakers to stop them making trouble is such an awesome idea.
  34. Nov 4, 2011

Why are you taking what I've said and turning it into something completely different. Is it just act like a fecking tosser day on here or something?

I said that if someone is good enough to play, and gets pissed off when they don't play, the obvious solution is to play them. They don't get pissed off, your team is better, they improve...it's called managing your players, or common fecking sense.

I then went on to explain that there must therefore be a better reason why he's being left out than his temperament, and that you're all being a bunch of girls jumping up and down about him throwing a sodding tantrum anyway, as this is what teenage footballers, and in fact grown up footballers do.

I'm now having to explain what I've explained to you...again, because you're insisting on being a cock about it, for some reason, even though I was never even arguing with you in the first place. Well fecking done. Go join Lance and Randall on the victory dance platform. You've all convinced me this place isn't worth the effort.
  35. Nov 4, 2011

MacMUFC Banned

Nothing in this really. Blown out of proportion by some of you lot.
  36. Nov 4, 2011

Christ almighty are you on your fecking period? If you're going to be a cnut about it then piss off.

Perhaps if you made your points a little clearer rather than trying to, erm, write like your talking and, erm, being dead smart, not to mention contradicting yourself all over the show, you wouldn't have people asking you what in the name of crap you're on about.
  37. Nov 4, 2011

Mr Anderson Full Member

Instead of training, he should be sent to English classes as punishment, or follow the berbatov spoof account.....
  38. Nov 4, 2011

holdsteady Hates Sir Alex Ferguson

39. Nov 4, 2011

Edmeiste Banned

Is it really that serious? So quick to jump on people's backs eh?
  40. Nov 4, 2011

Edmeiste Banned

So from what I gather he had a bit of tantrum and let off some steam on twitter? At first thought, some of you lot made it seem he insulted someone on the coaching staff. Jeez, relax folks.