Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by marcosdeto, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Apr 26, 2012

marcosdeto Moderator

They beat CSKA Moska and Apoel in the road to the semis

and put a fight against bayern munich when they had that ridiculous penalty and the offside goal

not that bad for a team worth 300 million euros :smirk:

btw, do we still have posters that would like mourinho to replace fergie?
  2. Apr 26, 2012

Relevated Moral Guide

it is not their fault they had the decisions their way. Mourinho has won the CL before and everyone knows he is capable of doing it again. We failed to beat fecking Basel. I dont think this season is the best to take the piss if that is the objective? If not then sorry for the mistake.
  3. Apr 26, 2012

marcosdeto Moderator

i see. so we can take the piss off barcelona, chelsea, milan, but we cant off madrid?

why is that?
  4. Apr 26, 2012

bsc Full Member

In fairness you have a valid point. They spent a fecking kings ransom and Mourinho hasn't delivered. A decade now since they won Big Ears after that massive financial outlay(year on year). They definitely deserve scrutiny.
  5. Apr 26, 2012

Relevated Moral Guide

No we can't take the piss out of any of those, well I cant. but some people do.
  6. Apr 26, 2012

marcosdeto Moderator

and lets face it, bayern played better than them in both games

real arrived to the semis because they faced extremely week opposition
  7. Apr 26, 2012

Relevated Moral Guide

do you think Mourinho and Guardiola will leave in the summer?
  8. Apr 26, 2012

marcosdeto Moderator

i say we can

so do it

now
  9. Apr 26, 2012

marcosdeto Moderator

dont know, dont care,

i want fergie to stay with us, and us to win the treble from no one till i die
  10. Apr 26, 2012

Relevated Moral Guide

I really hope we win the champions league in his final year but I hope that day never comes but it has to sadly. I wish he was younger :(
  11. Apr 26, 2012

Waltraute Full Member

:lol:

I love you, Marcos! Not even in a cheesy internet way, I really do.
    And shy, retiring Relevated.
  12. Apr 26, 2012

marcosdeto Moderator

i love you too waltraute

did i ever say that every time i read one of your posts i concur?

are you me? :nervous:
  13. Apr 26, 2012

Instant Karma Closet Gooner

Am surprised that Ramos took a penalty ahead of Higuain....maybe some strikers don't have the bottle to even step up and would rather allow defenders to take penalties.
  14. Apr 26, 2012

Neutral BTV

I can't imagine a Mourinho team being so open and clueless defensively. Credit to Bayern, they have some great attacking players, and their intent was to always go forward.

But, how a mug like Pepe still plays at this level, and people on here get angry about Jonny Evans - Evans is Maldini compared to Pepe. Don't want to even get into the defensive clusterfeck that is Sergio Ramos. When he moved from Sevilla - it was...oh he's only young, and over enthusiastic...so what's the excuse now?
  15. Apr 26, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

To be fair they have won the league. We've won the cl/ec 3 times in our history. It's a very hard trophy to win. But I'm still surprised at the defense they have. Chelsea used ftp have terry, Cole, gallas and carvalho. City did their spending and have gotten Kompany who is excellent. And mourinho sticks with Pepe and Ramos? Granted,.mourinho is usually excellent at making defenders look really good but the individual defensive qualities seem to be a bit lacking imo.
  16. Apr 26, 2012

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    There's been a lot of people on here this season talking about how far ahead of us Madrid are and how many new players we'll have to sign to have any chance of getting close to them. Obviously, we've had a shit European campaign ourselves but last time we played Bayern we looked a better side than Real did. Does anyone really think our squad is weaker now than it was then?
  17. Apr 26, 2012

Trionz Banned

People say Real Madrid was cautious last night, but i say they were just not trying.
    Maybe it was fatigue/tiredness from Barca game, but i thought they took the game for granted.
  18. Apr 26, 2012

DevilRed Full Member

I think the two early goals lulled them into a false sense of security. Then before they knew it they started to run out of steam after the Robben equaliser. They also played much too cautious in the second half if you ask me, especially considering they were playing at home in front of their own fans.
  19. Apr 26, 2012

They created feck all of note for the entire second half and 30 minutes extra time. A large part of which included three attacking players that cost 165 million quid (:houllier:). Against a team not known for their resolute defending. That shows either a disgraceful lack of ambition or quality. One of the two.
  20. Apr 26, 2012

TheBest SPNTBP

Bayern played better football in both the legs so fatigue shouldn't be used as an excuse.
  21. Apr 26, 2012

jojojo Full Member

Compared to losing 4-0 to third division Alcorcon two seasons ago, or even not getting past the first knockout round of the CL for 8 years, they're doing OK. Their defending is all over the place though, especially at the Bernabeu - the surprise was them conceding in the last minute in Munich.

Though after watching a 4-4 draw last week, making fun of defenders isn't really my thing.
  22. Apr 26, 2012

Neutral BTV

Don't think ambition was a problem...more they just ran out of ideas. I really do think, the penalty by Robben knocked the stuffing out of them.

I expected a more compact Real in the 2nd half(after all they were level at that point, not behind) - so a more measured approach to start the half, and then slowly amp up the pressure as the half went on...but it never happened.

In a strange way, it was kind of like watching Barca the night before - no real sense of urgency, almost like, they just assumed Chelsea/Bayern would eventually fold.
  23. Apr 26, 2012

I didn't see much comedy defending last night. I thought Madrid generally defended ok (although i only saw the final 75 minutes) Marcelo was their best player. That's certainly not why they failed to progress.

Very pedestrian going forwards though. Completely devoid of ideas.

Thinking about it, you have to wonder how good the defending is in La Liga. Even though Athletic played the game(s) of their lives against us, they coughed up dozens of chances. Ditto against Schalke. Some of Barca's defending against Chelsea was laughable. Maybe Madrid just can't hack it against a well-organised defence?
  24. Apr 26, 2012

jojojo Full Member

Madrid haven't played good football since January. They've been digging out results without it; more down to their attack than anything else. But Munich did look fresher, they made 8 changes from their weekend match and it did show. They looked less anxious as well, maybe because they went in with a lead and were still supposed to be the underdogs.
  25. Apr 26, 2012

jojojo Full Member

They did defend, but they had to, they kept giving Bayern chances. When Madrid play well they can keep the ball and they have a midfield. When they don't they have what we saw last night. Some pretty high risk passing in their own half, lots of balls kicked into touch, and then a hopeful punt forwards.

A similar thing happened to them against Valencia a couple of week's back (0-0). They were hoping that Di Maria's return would refresh the attack and the midfield, but he's not found his form yet. Obviously it didn't help that after scoring the goals, Ronaldo lost his ability to pass - normally the Ozil / Benzema / Ronaldo group are pretty good at finding one another.
  26. Apr 26, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

Both points are valid. Bayern and Chelsea were bound to be fresher than Real and Barca. And you're right about their form. There's no doubt, and I've said it for awhile now, that they peaked a good while back this season and have been just about getting results they need since.

I still feel they rely far too much on breaking with pace and cutting teams open quickly and incisively. That's all well and good in la liga where ronaldo and co will tear teams apart but against the better teams you need to be able to slow the game down at times and control it. They seem to want to do everything in a hurry. Sometimes counter attacks aren't going to come off and you have to be able to adapt.
  27. Apr 26, 2012

NoLogo Full Member

I have to say even though I'm a big Özil fan I was disappointed by him last night. Apart from the Ronaldo goal he didn't produce anything noteworthy.

But then again non of the other players stepped up and made difference either. Di Maria was shocking as well. Can't remember much else from him then rolling over the floor at every little touch.
  28. Apr 26, 2012

Treble Full Member

Some people are too quick to draw firm conclusions. Our failure in the CL group doesn't mean that we are not a far better team than Basel. And Real's and Barca's failure in the semis doesn't mean that they are not the best teams in the world by some distance.

The main reason why Barca and Real struggled vs Chelsea and Bayern has a lot to do with the game between them. I think they underestimated a bit the first legs in the CL for they were thinking, consciously or not, about el classico. Given that both Bayern and Chelsea had poor seasons in their domestic leagues, Real and Barcelona seemed to have been confident of their final success. And they put in a lot of energy in el classico as it was decisive for the La Liga title. So, they weren't fresh enough for the second games in the CL, both physically and mentally.

They are still the best teams, IMO. I was quite impressed with Bayern though, they played lovely football. Hope they'll win it.
  29. Apr 26, 2012

Feed Me I'm hungry

Madrid weren't great in the second leg and deserved to go out on balance, but people delighting in their demise need to realise the draining effect of the Clasico on their performance. In contrast, Bayern have been playing has half pace in the league for a couple of weeks.

It's not too dissimilar a situation to when Milan knocked us out in the semis when we were out on our feet because of a gruelling league programme.
  30. Apr 26, 2012

Feed Me I'm hungry

It can be an excuse in the second leg - Madrid became increasingly lacklustre as the game went on.

Clasico will have had an effect.

Makes me laugh that Mourinho is a serial winner, and yet people will use a semi final defeat to argue otherwise.
  31. Apr 26, 2012

Jimy_Hills_Chin Desperately wants to be ITK

I think that our squad is weaker than Real Madrids. To put a simple measure on it, they have had a better season than us.

You know that we are talking about the team that are seven points clear of 'the greatest team of all time' in the league and the team the beat 'the greatest team of all time' in their home stadium by actually playing actual football against them last week.

Bayern are a good side with the motivation of the home final spurring them on. I felt that they won the battle of the midfield last night and thus prevailed in the end. No doubt Madrid will try to lure Toni Kross with their magic white shirt next season.
  32. Apr 26, 2012

Raoul Administrator

What an odd question to ask Marcos. Why would anyone change their mind based on one match that ended in penalties.
  33. Apr 26, 2012

Raoul Administrator

Where's the logic in that ? Bayern rested eight of their players on the weekend, while Madrid were busy winning La Liga at the Nou Camp. Three games - 2 CL semi finals and one mega-classico to win the league within the span of 8 days. Of course fatigue is going to be an issue.
  34. Apr 26, 2012

7even Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

This ten times!

They lost on a penalty shot out and in the last 60 min of the game non of them produced anything spectacular. At the moment both Bayern and Real are one of the top three and both have excellent squads with standout players.

To dismiss Mourinho and Madrid just because of yesterday's lost is laughable. You can't find a better replacement for Sir Alex then Mou and I think he's behavior yesterday was impeccable.
  35. Apr 26, 2012

mariachi-19 Full Member

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
    Is Bayern weaker than they were then? I think not. Madrid are also off the back of playing a full strength eleven against Barca on the weekend. Any team having to play 3 full strength sides in the space of 8 days at the end of the season will suffer burnout. Especially when its Bayern, Barca, Bayern.

Madrid are ahead of united by a few players but you're right we're not miles away. We're not even miles away from Barcelona, it simply boils down to tactics against them.
  36. Apr 26, 2012

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

No but Bayern are way ahead of that Bayern side.
  37. Apr 26, 2012

crappycraperson "Resident cricket authority"

They had Classic at the weekend where the played their first team, were always going to fall off in the second.

There is a problem with likes of Kaka though who did not perform at all. Higauin came on too late as well.

They need to buy at least one quality CB, NQAT. Other than that their team is very much settled. No matter how much money you throw about, CL is a very hard competition to win nowdays as even Barca found out.
  38. Apr 26, 2012

WeasteDevil Full Member

I feel sorry for Ronaldo.
  39. Apr 26, 2012

TheBest SPNTBP

But that wasn't the case in the first leg, they didn't play well in both the legs. So yeah
  40. Apr 26, 2012

TheBest SPNTBP

They had 4 days i.e around 96 hours for rest, I think fatigue is just an excuse, they simply were outplayed in both the halfs yesterday. It wasn't like they started playing badly in the second half. After the first 15 minutes of the first half they were poor.
    Had they played well for first 50 minutes then I would've understood the fatigue thing.