RedCafe FIFA12 Tournament - League & Knockout (PS3)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by WR, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Dec 28, 2011

EdWeatherall TFD

How long should the games be, just want to send Damien a challenge

EDIT
    Seems he has gone off PSN, if someone wants a game, challenge me
  2. Dec 28, 2011

Zen86 Full Member

Again, anyone in group B add azen_86
  3. Dec 28, 2011

WR RedCafe FIFA League Season 1 Winner

Good game, Lynk. I never stood a chance breaking down a deep sitting CPU defence with you controlling AM's and DM's. The best way to win.
  4. Dec 28, 2011

Lynk Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

Very good game. I was shitting it when you scored that peno, I had to bring on every bit of legs available. =p
  5. Dec 28, 2011

Persian-Fred Banned

I'll be up for a few games in about 30 mins if anyone wants one
  6. Dec 28, 2011

Makki QUITTER

freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
    Group B, anyone? Internet's back up and running.
  7. Dec 28, 2011

Zen86 Full Member

Yeah, me, gimme 5 mins
  8. Dec 28, 2011

Makki QUITTER

Added you on PSN, I'll be ready in 5.
  9. Dec 28, 2011

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)

Sorry, I'll be back on in a minute if anyone from Group A wants a game
  10. Dec 28, 2011

Standard rules. So 6 minutes per half, any controls, tactical defending
  11. Dec 28, 2011

Makki QUITTER

Argh, fecking ping-pong passing..
  12. Dec 28, 2011

Whats wrong with one touch passing? =p
  13. Dec 28, 2011

Zen86 Full Member

good game, had a nightmare in the last 10 minutes
  14. Dec 28, 2011

Makki QUITTER

Well played. Ping-pong passing annoys me so much, and I don't have the temper to deal with it and just sit tight, so once you got that first goal I started rushing and then it could've gone anywhere.

Makki (Ivory Coast) 1 - 3 (Uruguay) Zen86

Your goalkeeper played a blinder though, saved at least two or three shots that normally are sidefooted in the far corner.
  15. Dec 28, 2011

Makki QUITTER

Well, it's impossible to defend against. The only way to defend against it is to allow the opponent to pass it to your penalty box, and then try to nick the ball before he gets the shot off, which suits me incredibly bad because I don't have the patience to just let someone pass their way all over the pitch, which means that I slide around and leave my defence exposed.

Feel pretty good that I didn't go for any of the teams that I've played with before, it's always so annoying in these tournaments when you choose one of the teams you're best with against an opponent that's better than you and "waste" that team.
  16. Dec 28, 2011

Zen86 Full Member

Aye, particularly that last bit then. I'm a bit prone to brainfarts in defence towards the end
  17. Dec 28, 2011

Makki QUITTER

Yeah, don't think I would've won anyway even if I had made it 3-2, but at least it provided some tension to the final minutes instead of a total borefest where you just wait for the final whistle to blow.
  18. Dec 28, 2011

Anyone from group A fancy a game? (Assuming I haven't played you yet)
  19. Dec 28, 2011

EdWeatherall TFD

I can at some point
    Levo just came online I see, so he might play you

@Damien, have sent you a challenge
  20. Dec 28, 2011

Wayne_Rooney (Bayern Leverkusen) 5 - 1 Damien1990 (FC Porto)

Thrashed again. This time by Wayne_Rooney, well played.
  21. Dec 28, 2011

Ohhh porto. Forgot about them, might use them against Lev.

EDIT: Likewise, Levo91 has been temp banned and won't be reachable on here until the 30th.
  22. Dec 28, 2011

Good game Damien. Game of 2 halves, for sure.

Damien1990 vs Wayne_Rooney

Immediately both teams pressed from the start with Damien almost scoring from intercepting my midfielder, but for a last ditch challenge.

It took about 15 minutes for the first real chance which fell to Damien hitting the post from a long range strike.

Soon after, Damien paid the price for a high line and nearly conceded but for a hesitant Kiebling in front of goal.

From the resulting save, the GK threw it straight to Kiebling who weaved past the defence and was rewarded a somewhat dubious penaty which was tucked away after 18 minutes by Schurrie.

Despite the goal, the game remained even with myself continuing to struggle against Damien's Barca-esque pressing game. He was rewarded with a goal on the stroke of half time after a lovely delicate chip from Hulk after he was left unmarked in the area. The real question is, was it intentional? :smirk:

However it wasn't long before I re-gained the lead after Kiebling broke away from the defence and finessed it passed the on-rushing goalie. 2-1.

Seemingly Damien's players had tired from their early pressure and gaps were left to exploit in a more one-sided second half with Renato Augusto beating the offsite trap to make it 3-1.

Once again the two strikers were causing havock and after a quick turn from Augusto it was a 2v1 situation with him passing it across the goal to Kiebling to tap into an empty net after 82 minutes. The game was over by this point yet the Leverkusen strikers continued to confuse the Porto defenders and Augusto headed the 5th in the 90th minute.

Goal of the game has to be Hulk's chip. Calm as you like!
    Replay 5 | EA SPORTS
  23. Dec 28, 2011

Persian-Fred Banned

I'm on the PS3 now if anyone wants to get a win under their belt :)
  24. Dec 28, 2011

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

This post is why I don't like assisted controls online
  25. Dec 28, 2011

Yeah the goal was a great one. Good game WR, thanks. Nice review, again you had too much for me.

Third game done, conceding less goals now but Ed definitely deserved the win:

EdWeatherall (Croatia) 3 - 2 (Atletico Madrid) Damien1990
  26. Dec 28, 2011

EdWeatherall TFD

Good game Damien, you came on strong in that second half and I was definitely more than concerned at the end

EdWeatherall (Croatia) 3-2 Damien1990 (Ath. Madrid)

The game was off to a flying start with a great opportunity for Athletico, they found themselves attacking in numbers and had the ball in the area with just one/two defenders to beat, somehow the defenders won out and were able to launch a rapid counter-attack which resulted in Olic being played through and under pressure from the defender he squared to Eduardo for an empty net tap-in*

And then Croatia peppered the Ath. Madrid for much of the half with shots firing in from all angles and all distances, forcing acrobatic and quality double saves from the Athletico goalkeeper and it wasn't until later in the half that Olic was able to settle the nerves, powering in when one on one with the GK

Croatia 2-0 Athletico Madrid. HT

The second half started as the first begun, and when Modric picked it up 40yrds out with the defence back-tracking he advanced and advanced and then curled in an unstoppable shot into the top corner from the edge of the area to give Croatia a three goal lead.

But then the game was to change very dramatically, as suddenly instead of standing off their opponents, Athletico Madrid's players were getting tight and tackling aggressively to stop the slick one-twos that Croatia were trying and they were able to get more ball to attack themselves.

And they were rewarded, as Arda Turan picked up the ball and drove between the CB and RB to get to the byeline to get a fine cross in that gave the GK no chance and there was Falcao getting in front of the LB to head in to the open net.

And there was yet more late drama, as Croatia messed up a harmless free-kick in their own area, presenting the ball to Athletico, who ultimately worked the ball to Falcao who drove into the box, a clever cut back saw him with time and space with only the 'keeper to beat, he made no mistake firing low into the far corner

Croatia's lead was down to one, and that was how it was to remain, there was to be no glorious comeback for Athletico Madrid as Croatia held on and were able to see out the game.

Croatia 3-2 Athletico Madrid. FT.

*Apologies for that goal, I never normally like to score them unless someone has done it to me first, but your defender was all over my players' back, I didn't really see any alternative
  27. Dec 28, 2011

EdWeatherall TFD

@Lynk/Urbanned, I can play a game now, but it has to start almost straight away
  28. Dec 28, 2011

Yep. I'll send you an invite now
  29. Dec 28, 2011

Persian-Fred Banned

Ah, I missed out. If anyone else wants one, give me a shout.
  30. Dec 28, 2011

Sorry again for you waiting so long. I said I'd be 5 minutes but it was slightly longer. Again, good game and a good review :) Scored the second just a bit too late to have time to get the third.

No worries with the goal. I don't like them either but like you said you didn't have much option.
  31. Dec 28, 2011

Sorry, I would do but about to have some food.
  32. Dec 28, 2011

Persian-Fred Banned

No problems Damo. Beat me another time :)

Levo's just asked me for a game - I'll play him. If you're reading Levo, sorry I couldn't play straight away, I was in another game
  33. Dec 28, 2011

I've changed maximum games to 6 per week since we're moving quite fast, in group A anyway.
  34. Dec 28, 2011

EdWeatherall TFD

Good game Lynk, very cagey affair, with both of us defending well, I thought you had more of the ball in and around my box, but I probably had the two best chance of the match

Lynk (Benfica) 0-0 EdWeatherall (Porto)

In a battle for Portuguese supremacy, Porto travelled to Benfica in what was a hotly anticipated game.

It was a very tight affair, with chances at a premium. The first chance fell to Porto with their winger finding himself with space to shoot, but the GK saved well low to his left. The next chance came at the other end, with Cardozo skewing wide from what would have been a difficult position to score

Benfica's best chance of the match came late on in the first half, as Cardozo was played through by a lovely weighted lobbed through ball and as the ball sat nicely for him to shoot he powered a shot towards goal, it was blocked behind by the GK for a corner though

The second half began with two shots by Aimar, both from the corner of the area, the first he tried to bend with his right foot into the top corner - but was comfortably saved by the GK. The second from the same position saw him shoot high and wide on his left foot

Hulk was having a quiet game, but was able to force a corner from the LB, a corner that was swung in dangerously but was just too high for the Porto player, as he couldn't get over and headed it a long way over.

And then late on, the best chance of the game fell to Hulk, he bustled into the area some how and saw himself with a player on his back and the GK rapidly closing, he tried to fire away a shot, but under pressure the GK had been able to come right out and close the shot down with the defender able to clear

0.0 FT
  35. Dec 28, 2011

EdWeatherall TFD

Are people playing clubs later on btw?
  36. Dec 28, 2011

Persian-Fred Banned

Mine and Levo's game connection just dropped at halftime, he was winning 3-0. What happens now?

To anyone who plays Levo - he's very, very good!
  37. Dec 28, 2011

Yep, tight match. Will be interesting to play you again in the return fixture. =p

I'll keep a team in mind for him so! I need a bounce back after that draw.

Currently 4 wins, 1 draw, no losses. 12 goals scored 4 conceeded.
  38. Dec 28, 2011

Rematch and give him 3 goals? Fairest way I think.
  39. Dec 28, 2011

Persian-Fred Banned

Do we leave the result as it is, play another game from scratch or just play a new game but only one half, and add the scores?
  40. Dec 28, 2011

Red Pavan shittest username ever manutddabest791

I will add the people from Group B tonight. If anyone is up for a game, just message me on PSN.