RedCafe Scouts - players who catch your eye

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by AkaAkuma, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Feb 5, 2018

AkaAkuma Full Member

May 15, 2012
    The idea for this thread is to have an ongoing list of players who posters notice within games or highlights who look decent, but generally you don't know much about. Posters with a greater knowledge could then give a better appraisal.

To start of:

Abdou Diallo - DC - Mainz
    Young, tall, left footed centre back, signed from Monaco in the summer. I noticed him playing left back and looked pretty direct. Has good youth international pedigree. Linked with Arsenal.

Dominique Heintz - DC - Koln
    Youngish central defender, left footed and decent youth international pedigree. He made a marauding run out of central defensive which was the aspect that caught my eye.
  2. Feb 6, 2018

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

Jun 6, 2013
    New York
    I am a full believer in Houssem Aouar
  3. Feb 6, 2018

dablem_10 New Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Hamsik's country
    as a slovak i have to promote two of my countrymans, who i believe can be best we have since Hamsik and Skrtel. Not saying they are united material, but both are very special for their age.

Milan Skriniar - DC/CDM - Inter
    Strong, tall, athletic. Good reading of game, fantastic tackle, good in the air, not bad with the ball. He rarely lose challenge with attacker, dont go to ground easily, not clumsy with the ball. I think inter have fantastic player in their squad, hopefully he will keep his standards also next seasons.

Stanislav Lobotka - CDM/CM - Celta
    Small tenative midfielder. Very good in build up, rarely loose possesion, knows when to play forward when not to. Fantastic ball control, low centre of gravity, but still quite strong. Very good at dribling, not panicking in crowded areas. I would say he is clone of Veratti, of course still not on his level. Team which gets him will win jackpot, he has 35m eur release clause. Dont think he will go to england as he is short and here is expected to be big as defensive midfielder. Just very unique defensive midfielder
  4. Feb 6, 2018

Bale Bale Bale New Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Amadou Haidara - DM/CM at Red Bull Salzburg who has caught my eye in a few highlights but haven't had the chance to see him properly. I presume he'll end up at Leipzig to replace Keita at some point.
  5. Feb 6, 2018

tomaldinho1 Full Member

Nov 26, 2015
    By no means saying these guys are the next Ballon D'Or but curious if anyone has seen them regularly.
    • Zagadou (were City in for him before Dortmund move? He seems to have done v well since the move and is a unit, powerful and I'm sure will be in the Prem one day)
    • Isaac Kiese Thelin (No idea who this guy is and he doesn't seem to have done much in his career but randomly saw a game the other night and he looked decent, oppo may have been terrible so hard to judge. Probably a bad call)
    • Hirving Lozano (looks an exciting prospect - anyone watch him regularly?)
  6. Feb 6, 2018

Jaybomb Banned

Jan 1, 2016
    Danilo Pereira