Ref: I should have sent Tevez off

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by anver, May 26, 2012.

1. May 26, 2012

anver Shart stop

I should have sent Tevez off... ref admits mistake in Barton brawl

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 21:23 GMT, 25 May 2012 | UPDATED: 21:23 GMT, 25 May 2012

Referee Mike Dean has revealed he would have sent off Carlos Tevez if he had been afforded a full view of the clash between the Manchester City striker and QPR midfielder Joey Barton on the final day of the Premier League season.

Barton was on Wednesday handed a 12-match ban for his dismissal and violent reaction at the Etihad Stadium on May 13, when City beat QPR 3-2 to win their first league title for 44 years.

QPR have said that Barton, now the subject of an investigation by his club following the incident, would not appeal against that decision.

Later, the Football Association published the full report by the independent regulatory commission into the case, which revealed Barton's ban was divided into a four-match ban for the dismissal for elbowing Tevez, given it was his second red card of the season, a five-match punishment for kicking out at Sergio Aguero, and a three-match punishment for attempting to headbutt Vincent Kompany.

Tevez appeared to strike out at Barton initially, and Dean, via video link, told the regulatory commission that it was a red-card offence which had gone unnoticed.

In the report, which is signed by commission chairman B.M Jones, it is stated that: 'Mr Dean was questioned about the "Tevez" incident for which Mr Barton was dismissed.It was confirmed that neither the referee nor the assistant saw the alleged incident of Mr Tevez striking Mr Barton although Mr Barton immediately made representations to Mr Dean that is what happened, and such comments by Mr Barton can be clearly seen in the video.

'The commission accept that Mr Barton was aggrieved by the action of Mr Tevez and Mr Dean confirmed that had the incident been seen by the officials as shown by the clip supplied by Mr Barton, it would have been an automatic red card.

'The commission find that this does not however excuse the subsequent action by Mr Barton in relation to Messrs Kompany or Aguero.'
  2. May 26, 2012

jojojo Moderator

So does that mean they will give Tevez a retrospective red now?
  3. May 26, 2012

charleysurf Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored

Let's just forget that day and all the "what might have beens".
  4. May 26, 2012

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    They have to. Surely?
  5. May 26, 2012

Xander45 Know-It-All Champion May 2009

They mentioned this on SSN last night and said no action was going to be taken against Tevez.

fecking joke if true.
  6. May 26, 2012

Laidback Levo Reclining

He would of had to put it in his match report I think. If this is just breaking it would seem he hasn't done that and no action can be taken.
  7. May 26, 2012

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

If he didn't see the Tevez incident but has been made aware of it (which he was from Barton) after the game he should have viewed footage of it, included it in his match report and said that if he'd seen the incident he would have given him a red. This would mean a retrospective punishment. By the sounds of it he doesnt seem to have done that, the prick.
  8. May 26, 2012

Summit "do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Hopefully we'll see that cnut shipped out this summer and away from the Prem!
  9. May 26, 2012

holdsteady Hates Sir Alex Ferguson

I hate Mike Dean too
  10. May 26, 2012

AlwaysRedwood Banned

I'll put this on my list of things people should have said.
  11. May 26, 2012

Relevated I'm a moron, ignore everything I say lol

18M1955/JU5 - May the eyes of cowards never sleep.
    We were robbed then. fecking FA, cheating cnuts etc etc
  12. May 26, 2012

Garethw Full Member

Is Bartons ban a world wide one? In the unlikely event that he was sold abroad this summer would his ban still apply?
  13. May 26, 2012

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

What a stupid ban it is that Barton got. Why not more? He got four games for elbowing someone in the face only because he'd only received a red this season. So if he would have kicked someone in the back and tried to headbutt another one in two different games he would have gotten a longer ban than if he did it all at once like he did. Where's the logic in that? Why can't they just give him a year ban. No one would think that would be undeserved.
  14. May 26, 2012

davisjw Full Member

QPR did better without him and should drop him for next season. Barton had his chance for redemption and fell apart again. He has skill but his attitude is a step beyond Keano and that's too far to be a proper professional.
  15. May 26, 2012

Lawman Full Member

Doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence.
  16. May 26, 2012

Plan M Banned

:lol:

If City do go on to dominate domestic football for 10 or 20 years, I hope and pray the Caf doesn't turn into RAWK mk 2
  17. May 27, 2012

CentreForward Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil

10 or 20?...:houllier:
  18. May 27, 2012

KiD MoYeS Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Carlos Tevez is a cancer on football. We know that. City know that. The world knows that.

Let's stop posting about him.
  19. May 27, 2012

pauldyson1uk Full Member

So do I ,City won let's just get on with it.
    By keep going in about how we was robbed by this if that we sound bitter, yes the last day of the season was a bitter pill to swallow but we we stronger for it , of that Iam sure.
  20. May 27, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

Eh? There's hardly anything RAWK like in the thread. Care to quote what made you say this? There's hardly anything bitter about City or the win, its just people calling Tevez and Barton cnuts which they are, whats RAWK like about that?
  21. May 27, 2012

Orton Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

Yes because calling tevez and barton cnuts which they are widely renowned to be around the world means we are deluded like all rawk posters. Good one!
  22. May 27, 2012

204Red Full Member

While not specifically about Tevez... why is it the FA seems to take the oddest moments to chose retro-active punishment take place... and no I don't think there is some RAWK style FA conspiracy against us... more like I often don't understand how the FA comes to its decisions, and how these decisions are good for the game a whole.

Here the referee in question has stated that had he seen the offense, he would have sent the man off... this isn't a bystander or some half baked pundit... but the guy in charge on the day. Surely his word carries more weight. I'm not suggesting by any stretch that they reverse the outcome of the match or that the game would have turned out any differently... more of an observation on how and when the FA chooses to act after the fact, and how it baffles me.

Yet the FA is all too keen to suspend Rooney for swearing -in the middle of a title race or throw the book at Keano for things he wrote in a book ... I suppose the Suarez and Terry cases are quite different (although very little has actually happened to Terry so far), but again, they do show the ability of the FA to act well after the fact when they choose to... so why don't they more often in such blatantly obvious cases as Tevez's provocation in the QPR match?

and for the record, I wouldn't have a problem if the retroactively handed out cards for blatant dives (yes, Ashely Young... I'm looking at you) as long as there was some consistency to the policy. I think i would drastically cut down on the diving.
  23. May 27, 2012

DocRockter Full Member

Warms my fecking heart to hear about this NOW... 1-2 and both playing with 10, go back to that.. can you do that Mike Dean.
  24. May 27, 2012

Brophs The one and only

I reckon they'd still have gotten the win. It's not one of those I'd allow to bother me.
  25. May 27, 2012

Judge Red Don't Call Me Douglas

Yeah, QPR still wouldn't have been interested in seeing the match out after the news about Bolton came through.
  26. May 27, 2012

Plan M Banned

Whats so deluded about that? City are the wealthiest club in world football, are pumping money into their academies whilst our manager is in his final years.

There's no reason that City couldn't dominate like we have in recent times. I hope I am wrong but the quicker some of you accept that City are here to stay, the better. Countless threads about their money and players smacks of bitterness. We are better than that.