Renato Sanches | Performances

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Raoul, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Sep 13, 2017

GifLord The gif that keeps on giffing

He looked really unfit at the U21 Tournament - 2 months later still looks match unfit despite having a proper pre-season with bayern :houllier:
  2. Sep 13, 2017

roonster09 Full Member

This. At least let him settle before judging the player.
  3. Sep 13, 2017

AlwaysRed66 Full Member

Although Sanches may not have been match fit he would certainly have been physically fit. The difference being a player maybe liable to make more mistakes, not focusing as well, & running out of speed after awhile. What was worrying here was that the player, despite being hyped as some world beater, could hardly string two passes together & looked out of his depth, which is worrying. Paul Clement or any manager, is hardly going to play someone just on his reputation & must have had good reason to think he would be okay. Perhaps he was in training. The way he stood around was that he thought the intensity & pace of the game would pass him by, & could play his normal game.
  4. Sep 13, 2017

André Dominguez New Member

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    Couldn't reply yesterday due to posts limit. Sorry about that.

It's still a mental issue though, imho. If players are more encouraged to use pace in EPL, any player has all the physical conditions to do it, doesn't matter where does it comes from.
    And that's why I said pre-season is more than enough for players to adapt to those conditions. In Lindelof's case, there's some excuse since he only do a part of the pre-season, so it's a bit harder for him.
    Now, if you're refering to the overloaded games schedule, than I can agree with that.
  5. Sep 13, 2017

Classical Mechanic Full Member

It is mental I agree. Some players don't like the increased physical contact and lack of protection from the refs.

Lindelof did the whole preseason I think. He certainly got a lot of game time in the US. Preseason won't prepare you for the PL style though, the games tend to be more open as players want to get fit primarily.
  6. Sep 13, 2017

Blackwidow Full Member

I think it is another kind of physicality in the EPL as in the Bundesliga - that I do not doubt because the way the teams play. There is more pressing in the Bundesliga etc. - maybe more endurance - whereas you need longer sprints against extreme fast players. And I think the players in the EPL bulk up a lot more than they do in the Bundesliga. I just would say that it is different.

Sanches... he is a young player that still has to develop. I think he is at a very important point in his career. The point when it gets decided that you just will make a squad player or if you can get to bigger heights. Your surrounding sugar coats you and you already feel like a star - but actually that is the time when you have to work the hardest, when you have to have the biggest discipline even when you know have the money to "reward you with an easy life". The press tells that he had discipline problems at Bayern, too. That he e.g. missed a flight after 2 free days in Portugal and missed training sessions etc. He had problems learning the language (and his English is not better as the players had problems to communicate with him in English, too) - but he did not work hard to learn it either...

Mehmet Scholl was joking in interviews that it is important for a football player to find the right girl - and finding the wrong one can ruin careers. Maybe it is not just about "women" but about the right surrounding and the right advisors. I am not sure Sanches has that...
  7. Sep 16, 2017

Kostov Full Member

I'm watching him against Spurs in the first half, and he looks like a kid playing men football at times, which is basically correct. Glimpses of his raw potential now and there and his physical attributes stood out in a couple of duels, out muscling opponents. Shades of our Anderson in his game, only Ando was more talented in my opinion.
  8. Sep 16, 2017

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

He's so poor defensively. He just stands there when Spurs have the ball, out of position, letting his man go wherever he wants. Such a liability.
  9. Sep 16, 2017

Nick7 Full Member

He's bad.
  10. Sep 16, 2017

izec Full Member

He would get torn to pieces here if he played for us
  11. Sep 16, 2017

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    Would top every worst signing of the Summer list .
  12. Sep 16, 2017

barros Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Where liberty dwells, there is my country
    Looks like he's doing a big favor been there
  13. Sep 16, 2017

Castia Full Member

Fecking hell he's at walking pace. Looks like he's moaning and sulking all the time too, his body launguage is terrible.
  14. Sep 16, 2017

JustAFan The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers

An evil little city in the NE United States
    Bad give away just now but he also had no one to pass to
  15. Sep 16, 2017

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Honestly top flight football in England and Germany is just too much for him. Playing in a lower division would do him good or at a league with slower pace. He is terrible.