Revealed: the decisions that cost Manchester United the title

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Colin129, May 11, 2012.

1. May 11, 2012

Colin129 Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
  2. May 11, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

"....but thorough analysis of every big decision made by officials has revealed that Manchester United should be four points clear and already crowned as champions"

Fair and unbiased. Some of our own fans should read these article and stop complaining how bad our season was. On Sunday, even we have to go out, we hold our head high! But a trophy will be a bonus, so here's hoping...
  3. May 11, 2012

Sparky_Hughes Donkey Buggering Tyrant who cheats at Monopoly

A billion spent and they STILL need charity from the refs.........This is how it feels to be city.....
  4. May 11, 2012

thegregster Harbinger of new information

Its just impossible to analysis how bad referees decision affect matches. That said one thing is clear-refs dont favor us or any team in my opinion-they just are rubbish sometimes and are homers.

Also Ashley Young dives didnt really benefit us. We would have won both matches anyway and it brought us a load of negative press.
  5. May 11, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

We really don't know that.
  6. May 11, 2012

Forgot to add "in my opinion". :o
  7. May 11, 2012

Ferguson Full Member

Referee errors are part of every season. Going back over them serves no purpose.

Plus it is RAWKish to talk this way.
  8. May 11, 2012

Talking Vulture He's shit, move on.

And if we didn't drop points against Wigan, Everton and cITY, we'd be champions.

Our own fault, not dodgy decisions.
  9. May 11, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

Please delete this thread.
  10. May 11, 2012

Claymore Full Member

Its a collective of things yet people always try pin it to a sole reason as to why we didn't win the league.

Great article, might use that over the summer if I get desperate and England don't help cover up the misery. Might use it for ref debate also rather than just title talk. If I do use it for talk about City when people mock us it'll be (in my mind at least) less sore loser ish that crying about Citys transfer money and fair play rules. ;)
  11. May 11, 2012

Rood nostradamus like gloater

I thought this was going to be about the decision to start with Park and Giggs against City - but aparently not!

You need the rub of the green to win a title, a lot went against us this season with injuries and referee decisions but we shouldnt really use that as an excuse and yet we go into the last game of the season still in contention, we would all have taken that back in November.
    We can't win it every year, sometimes it just isn't meant to be etc etc
  12. May 11, 2012

Cina Shagawa Baby!

And if all our shots that hit the crossbar went in we'd be on over 100 points. It's fixed I tells ya!
  13. May 11, 2012

Liverpool would have 121 points so we would only be second.
  14. May 11, 2012

Nick 0208 Ldn News 24

Do we apply revisionist history to Ashley Young also? ;)
  15. May 11, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

People: someone went out of their way and spent over 200 hours to look at clips and made an unbiased report there and it happened to show that our current team is not as bad as some of you thought and suggested. At least give them some credit. Although it did not take away the hurt that we threw away games v Wigan and Everton... these articles are useful reading in the grand scheme of things. For example, it can help the FA in addressing the referees' standard and goal line technology argument etc. Thanks to the OP for posting it.
  16. May 11, 2012

madhed Full Member

Somebody needs to MAN THE feck UP !
  17. May 11, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Its just silly comment, if you're not saying with tongue in cheek.... The articles are targeting on dodgy refereeing decisions which play a major part in any competition in terms of fairness and results. Your suggestion is only concerning luck or skill, which has no relevance in discussing the matter in question.
  18. May 11, 2012

Cina Shagawa Baby!

Of course it's tongue in cheek. It's what Liverpool fans have been saying all season.

I don't think I've ever seen a post from you where you don't mindlessly insult someone or their posts. Funny stuff.
  19. May 11, 2012

madhed Full Member

20. May 11, 2012

davisjw Full Member

Unless the ref's decision comes at the last second, his mistakes are not the end of the world. I hate when fans, especially ours say something like "if we were awarded ghat penalty in the first half we would have won." Hello we had a whole half. Even at 5 minutes you're bound to get another opportunity. Refs are hounded far too much. Until we get robotic refs then mistakes are part of the game. And I for one will hate it when we lose that part of football's humanity.
  21. May 11, 2012

Makki QUITTER

freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
    You can't say that the impact of any decision is little or negligible just because it doesn't come at the end of a game.

Do you really think we would've drawn against Stoke if we'd gone 1-0 up within ten minutes, with them having to withdraw a striker for the red carded Woodgate, for example?

Not a reflection on the whole debate, just pointing out that the point you're making isn't valid IMO.
  22. May 11, 2012

Ramshock Full Member

One word...Everton. Get over it and look forward to next season.
  23. May 11, 2012

Talking Vulture He's shit, move on.

Yet it was STILL in our hands big time despite all these 'shocking' decisions and we still blew it. Get over it and move on. You sound like fecking scousers here
  24. May 11, 2012

Colin129 Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    A bit unfair, it's an, apparently, well researched article in the Telegraph.

There is nothing we can do about it, but if it gives more ammo to the lobby for technology in football, then it can't be a bad thing.

Not only that, even though Shitty will win the league, we will be the moral victors!
  25. May 11, 2012

Badunk Full Member

I still think we'll win the league.
  26. May 11, 2012

Ixion Full Member

Just a point in either game against City would have been enough, its our own fault. No point looking at decisions like these.
  27. May 11, 2012

Joey Mac Full Member

He scores goals, galore. Betfair "Refer and E
    As pointed out above, this isn't something that should be used to complain and despair that we've been robbed.

However, it is the kind of thing that's useful to combat the "big teams, namely Man Utd, get all the big decisions in their favour".
  28. May 11, 2012

Rooney24 Full Member

Exactly. That is where we lost it. Move on.

These reports are pointless to be honest.
  29. May 11, 2012

Judge Red Don't Call Me Douglas

Oddly enough, this has just been mentioned on 5 Live's Drive as if it actually means anything. I'm currently listening in disbelief. I don't need to go to Bluemoon to know there's a meltdown going on right now. It's embarrassing.

Chin up, everyone, it looks like there really is a conspiracy after all and everything is currently being put in place to screw City over on the final day. Enjoy your early baths, Kompany and Toure!!
  30. May 11, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

It's not an insult! Anyone can be silly from time to time as we are all human. I won't mind being pointed out I am silly if I came across that way. :) Pointing them out is what a forum discussion is about.

On a side note, in case someone considers the subject matter in this thread is not worth us talking about, in the past 10-20 mins, the very subject has been talked about on 5live.
  31. May 11, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Was just listening... It's also interesting to note that incorrect decision did not favour big clubs, contrary to general belief (or belief of small time clubs fans and the like). We did not get more favourable decision more often-FACT
  32. May 11, 2012

Twigginater WUM Alert!

That's a really good piece by the telegraph. Unfortunately this year injuries and referees have cost us at times, but we've still been fantastic overall, we probably won't win the league but we've come fecking close!
  33. May 11, 2012

Zen86 Full Member

We've had decisions go for and against us, can we not just leave it at that. We're not berties or scousers.
  34. May 11, 2012

Cina Shagawa Baby!

:lol: Ridiculous as always

Fair enough!
  35. May 11, 2012

Makki QUITTER

freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
    Can't we do a Liverpool post-Istanbul and bitch and moan about how unfair it is for the title to be decided on GD? Then, we beat City when they change the rules and have us play a play-off game for the title when all the City players have gone on vacation? Brilliant idea IMO.
  36. May 11, 2012

That'sHernandez Ominously close to getting banned

It'd go straight down to the head to head if you removed the goal difference anyway, which would mean we have most definitely lost the league if both teams finished level on points because we lost both matches 1-6 and 1-0 respectively.
  37. May 11, 2012

Liam147 On Probation

Erm. Is this you getting us all back for being wummed in your car thread or something? It honestly looks like either a joke article or an article written by a spurned football fan, more specifically, a scouser. Claiming to have some agenda against you is silly. That is one of the worst drawn up tables and research I've ever seen. Sounds like something a 10 year old would say. "Yeah but Ashley Young should have had a penalty, meaning we'd have beaten Chelsea." YOu can't say that for sure, the one thing you can say for sure, is that the following outcomes would 100% have not happened. We may have missed the penalty and lost 3-0, or missed the penalty and won 5-3, who knows?

Ridiculous article.
  38. May 11, 2012

Cina Shagawa Baby!

Nope, that's what I thought too until it was pointed out that head-to-head is irrelevant and it goes straight to a playoff.
  39. May 11, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

The problem with this sort of thing is you can't be certain how refereeing decision would have affected teams. It's not as easy to make it as plain and simple as the article did.

In games where teams were denied clear penalties, you can't just assume that they would've taken points from it, as the penalty could have been easily missed. If it's a big team vs small team and the small team should've had a penalty that they would've scored, then surely the big team would've been pushed to go for the game, making them more likely to score another goal?

These things are quite interesting and can be useful to an extent, but they're not conclusive at all.
  40. May 11, 2012

That'sHernandez Ominously close to getting banned

Oh really? What a shame.