1. United Hour Podcast: The First Wobble
    Dismiss Notice

Right Back....what are the options If any?

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Wayne's World, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Mar 14, 2019

settembrini Full Member

Wait and see is generally the best option for young players for sure.

I am probably coming across as overly positive on Mitchell. I do think he's a highly rated talent but even if he wants to stay then he's not a cert to make it at United by any means. I was just genuinely baffled to see that post where someone listed our full back options for next season and had Laird as one of the four in the first team squad when afaik he hasn't even done any regular training with the first team vs Mitchell who has been around it for years, already made his debut, had first team football on loan etc.
  2. Mar 14, 2019

croadyman New Member

Meunier because mentioned that Utd were his favourite english team,will help Dalot develop at the same time
  3. Mar 14, 2019

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

Demi isn't even close to good enough.
  4. Mar 14, 2019

KingMinger22 City >>> United. Moaning twat

We don't have one good player for several positions. We are miles off talking about having two in every position yet.
  5. Mar 14, 2019

Cliche Guevara Full Member

Mitchell will be at Rotherham next season.
  6. Mar 17, 2019

Untd55 New Member

I know some people seem outraged by the notion of going for a right-back this summer, but is there a choice if we want to win titles?

Dalot is not ready to take on the role; he is not even as good as Young at the moment. He has a lot to learn for us to be able to rely on him.

We have to be aggressive if we want to win anything, so if it means signing a young established right-back (Wan Bissaka) then so be it. Dalot will just have to show he is good enough to take the position from him; if he cannot then he is not good enough I am afraid.

People want us to win titles but then don't want us to be aggressive enough to build a team to do it. Being too lenient leads to an acceptance of mediocrity.
  7. Mar 17, 2019

Thiagoal Full Member

Ethan Laird will break through next season and challenge Young/ Dalot! The money is much better spent getting in a play maker in midfield, natural right winger and a consistent striker imo
  8. Mar 17, 2019

FootyGirl88

Meunier or Sidibe are the RBs we should be looking at.
  9. Mar 17, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Can’t we just buy Rafael back from Lyon?

He’s about 29 now and a perfect age to add some experience to the rotation, leaving Young to be back up at LB, which we currently do not have.