Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by MyOnlySolskjaer, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Dec 3, 2017

davidmichael Full Member

First thing I’d do until the players we want are properly identified and scouted and then gone for in the summer is to bring Pereira back from Valencia in January and use him on the right hand side, I’d take him over either Mata or Mkhitaryan on the right.

Pace and balance of a combination of Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Pereira, Lingard and Pogba going forward could be mesmerising and having played with all bar Martial and Lukaku you’d think maybe Pereira would link up superbly with the others.

In the summer Malcolm, Bailey, Mahrez etc can all be properly looked at but at least in the short term I think Pereira is certainly the way to go and much like Rashford did we may see Pereira really hit the ground running and never look back.
  2. Dec 3, 2017

IrishRedDevil Full Member

I know a lot of people here are focusing on pacy right wingers, but I still think we will go for Griezmann and stick him on the RW with a license to drift centrally. His constant movement could give the team a different dimension.
  3. Dec 3, 2017

davidmichael Full Member

His movement from the wing is terrible now and that’s why Griezmann hasn’t been used on the wing or as a wide forward since Euro 2016, he was awful until France moved him centrally and then he thrived.

Paying £90 million for a player is a lot of money anyway but to pay it then play the player out of position isn’t the best use of our resources or of Griezmann himself, it’d be the same as watching Mkhitaryan or Mata on the right but just £90 million more expensive.

If we go for Griezmann then it’s to play as a 10 or support striker but then we still need a quality right winger and a quality left back which would be hard after spending £90 million on Griezmann, I think we'll end up with Ozil as 10 as he’s on a free.
  4. Dec 3, 2017

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Yeah if we get Griezmann, it has to be in the role Lingard played yesterday. Would not do well as a winger because he isn't one at all.
  5. Dec 3, 2017

Luke1995 New Member

Juan Cuadrado maybe ? I remember watching him at Fiorentina and he put on some dazzling performances
  6. Dec 3, 2017

Mcking Full Member

Pretty talented player, great to see him doing well. He probably lacked the fight and attitude to do it at Newcastle. Pogba's mate too.
  7. Dec 4, 2017

didierforever New Member

Honestly speaking, does not bother me as much.
    Sustainability sake, we have adopted a "Spend what you earn" model when it comes to transfers. So if selling willian helps us in getting a 2nd striker (considering we are shifting to a 3-5-2 by the looks of things) or a competition for Morata, then I honestly dont care what the media outlets or the other sets of fans are saying.
    If it makes us better, then go with it.
  8. Dec 4, 2017

Hojoon Full Member

Ben Shapiro.
  9. Dec 4, 2017

Sparky10Legend Banned

What could go wrong.......
  10. Dec 4, 2017

Charles Miller Full Member Verified Moaner

:lol::lol:
    And Cenk Uygur to the LW.
  11. Dec 5, 2017

Rodrigo_UC10 New Member

Gonçalo Guedes I believe would be an amazing signing for United. He's got everything a coach wants for a winger. He's got pace, skills, great vision, powerful shot and he is young. At the moment he is on loan in Valencia from PSG, I reckon we could get a good price for him. People that don't know him please check him out on youtube.
  12. Dec 5, 2017

NotQuiteManc Full Member

Supports:
    Higher Income Tax For The Rich
    For the free roaming RW, I would prefer Milo.
  13. Dec 5, 2017

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    I like your thinking....
  14. Dec 5, 2017

Luke1995 New Member

Arsenal is interested in Nabil Fekir right ? United should make bids for him just to have a Wenger meltdown. I bet Arsene has an eye on that guy for a long time, Mourinho would be so clever to go for him
  15. Dec 7, 2017

Nick. Full Member

Talk of right wingers has died down. I believe Mourinho is building toward a system with 3 at the back, 343 or a variation of 352. He is likely looking to have our width provided from the wing-backs like Valencia/Young on the right and Rose/Sandro on the left. I could see him buying a CM or AM for the midfield position instead of a right winger now.
  16. Dec 8, 2017

Devil may care Full Member Verified Moaner

I think you might be right, and in truth if you look at the players we've been consistently linked with, none of them are RW forwards, they are FB's, CM's and #10's.
  17. Dec 8, 2017

Ikon Full Member

I've been thinking the same thing myself.....
    Flexibility to play 3 at CB or switch to 3 in CM, with a top class #10, and as said the width coming from L/RWB...(Sandro/Rose/Shaw/Valencia/Meunier).

If this is true, then doesn't this put the Griezmann rumours to bed, unless Jose sees him as a #10?
    Anything other than a #10 role for Griezmann would surely be detrimental to Martial & Rashford..?

However, if we could sign Ozil for £20m and Sandro for £60m we'd have 2 top class players fitting perfectly into the system for the same money as 1 player that doesn't really fit..!!
  18. Dec 12, 2017

Bestietom Full Member

Yes I did read that he would like to join a big club one day and we were mentioned but don't know if he is a fan. Anyway he is class and I would love to see him here.
  19. Dec 12, 2017

Scholsey2004 Full Member

lucas moura is clearly available. other than that theres malcolm, who's a bit robinho-esque, or willian.
  20. Dec 12, 2017

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

In that case, I hope we'd also be looking at an RWB. This position requires real quality too. I love Valencia but we've got to be ruthless and have our eye on the future.
  21. Dec 12, 2017

SS Full Member

My thoughts exactly.
  22. Dec 14, 2017

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

Wilfried Zaha has been awesome for Palace this season.
  23. Dec 14, 2017

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    I think Malcom might be the one we go for. He'd fit our current system best being an inverted RW that can beat a man, score goals and create with his left foot. That's a big upgrade on Mata imo.

Or we may bring in Ozil as a like for like replacement for Mata that never plays as a winger at all, instead playing the channel and creating.
  24. Dec 14, 2017

Frank Grimes Full Member

Mahrez would be my ideal signing. He can dribble, cross and he scores goals. He has the ability to be a catalyst, I really think we should go for him.
  25. Dec 14, 2017

gza the genius Full Member

Mahrez in January would be amazing. I think we can get by everywhere else until the summer but our complete lack of any option whatsoever at right wing can’t be avoided.
  26. Dec 14, 2017

sammsky1 Pochettino's #1 fan

Is that a solid rumour or just your personal wish?

I wish our scouts had convinced Mourinho to buy Salah in the summer. We missed out on Sane too. Thats evidence enough of some poor recruitment.
  27. Dec 14, 2017

There were rumors in the summer but other than that it’s just my wish and I think he’d be attainable unlike most of the other names being mentioned.
  28. Dec 14, 2017

sammsky1 Pochettino's #1 fan

Have not really followed him or Leicester this season. Is he ripping it up like he did during their miracle season?
  29. Dec 14, 2017

From what I’ve seen he’s definitely getting back in to that sort of form and I personally think he’d step it up even more for us.
  30. Dec 14, 2017

Frank Grimes Full Member

5 goals and 7 assists in 16 games. Playing a lot better since Puel came in.
  31. Dec 14, 2017

beingshe7don Full Member

Mahrez may end up at Arsenal. Barca will look to get Griezmann. Mahrez would actually be a pretty decent addition for the RW. He's been turning it on at Leicester in the last 3-4 games.
  32. Dec 15, 2017

notcool Banned

Supports:
    a
    Perisic is the one. With his crossing we can get Lukaku to score lots of headed goals against teams that are deep like he did the other night against B'mouth. Then the game will open up and we can hit those teams on the counter and score even more goals, like against B'mouth.
  33. Dec 15, 2017

MadMike Full Member

Perisic is not happening.
  34. Dec 15, 2017

AkaAkuma Full Member

playing behind the striker though?
  35. Dec 15, 2017

peridigm Full Member

We should bully Dortmund into selling Pulisic.

Perisic plays on the left. If we did sign him too we’d be able to say, Perisic, Pulisic. What’s the difference.
  36. Dec 15, 2017

UnrelatedPsuedo I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Pulisic is going to be one of the best right sided midfielders in the world.

Would love to see him at United.
  37. Dec 15, 2017

notcool Banned

Supports:
    a
    Aw, why?

Actually, the RW is not who we need to supply the crosses. Crosses for Lukaku are best from the left hand-side since Lukaku is left-footed. So either Martial/Rashford cutting back on their right and sending a cross to the far post or Shaw getting in behind and dragging the ball back to the near. Or, of course, the RW can drift from the right over to the left and put in a cross from there e.g. Mata against B'mouth last night.
  38. Dec 15, 2017

beingshe7don Full Member

Pulisic could actually reach Hazard's level. I wouldn't mind taking a punt on him. The guy is a United fan and would do well.

I think we need to go out and get Weigl and Pulisic when Dortmund are vulnerable. Probably toss in Mhiki in the deals.

Weigl (Matic rotation/ Carrick replacement)
    Pulisic (Difference maker on the RW)
    Savic (Pogba backup and would complement POgba as well)
    Rose (Obvious)

Our strongest 11
    ---- Martial -------- Lukaku -------- Pulisic ----
    -------- Savic ------------------ Pogba ---------
    ------------------- Weigl ------------------------
    Rose ----------------------------------- Valencia
    ---------- Bailly ---------- Lindelof -------------
  39. Dec 15, 2017

MadMike Full Member

Inter set an asking price of £50 last summer, which we did not agree to meet. After that Perisic signed a new 4 year deal (with no release clause) and Inter started the season fantastically being first in Seria A. On top of that they have wealthy Chinese owners who want to return Inter to the good times. That means that: a) they don't have to sell and b) don't want to sell because they don't want to be seen as a selling club who loses its best players.

So if the club didn't agree to pay £50m last summer, what makes you think they'd pay an even bigger price in the next one? With a long term contract and Inter's lofty ambitions they could well ask for a 9 figure sum.
  40. Dec 15, 2017

Charles Miller Full Member Verified Moaner

In my opinion Matic is better, doesnt need a replacement and would start in that line up.
    Really underrated player btw.