Rio Ferdinand: Being Mum and Dad

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Toad, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Feb 5, 2018

Toad Full Member

Just watching this on channel W. Have watched it previously a few months back when it first aired.

Such a tragedy what happened to his wife and shows he puts a brave face on every time he is on TV.

I know a huge amount of people go through what he is/has gone through but it really puts these types of situations into perspective watching it through a documentary as emotional as this.

He has coped very well and has done a great job for his kids and his career after his loss. He should be pretty proud of himself.
  2. Feb 5, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

From personal experience, I've been around those that have totally given up after a death of their partner and there's no worse sight than seeing them slowly deteriorate and living empty without them.

I know some people mock him for it at his age but I'm glad he's found some belief and something to put his attention on other than raising his kids in boxing.
  3. Feb 5, 2018

Toad Full Member

Let’s be honest, half the people probably don’t even know that his wife has died. Maybe the boxing isn’t anything to do with his wife but if it is then good for him.
  4. Feb 5, 2018

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

I just don't think people connect the dots if I'm honest.
  5. Feb 5, 2018

Toad Full Member

Just goes to show at how little interest this thread has got :nervous:
  6. Feb 6, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Believe he's also lost his mum since then also? he's had some seriously crappy luck recently.